Is automatic voter registration Unconstitutional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freedom and liberty.

Wording repeatedly used in U.S. Constitution:

15th Amendment (racial discrimination)
19th Amendment (sex discrimination)
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State

24th Amendment (poll taxes)
The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State

26th Amendment (starting age)
The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State

Making citizens (18 or older) register to vote is denying, abridging, and taxing their Constitutionally affirmed and protected right to vote.

Making citizens show ID at a voting place without just cause is denying, abridging, and taxing their Constitutionally affirmed and protected right to vote.

Because the Constitution does not give the power of elections to the Feds, but to the states.

Technically the Constitution of the United States says Congress has the power to set rules for federal elections.

Just say'n.

WW

Last edited:
Shapiro says the legislature authorized the governor to implement it that way.

I guess we will find out which one is telling the truth, eventually.
1695744625344.png

The implementing law passed by the legislature leaves specifics to the Executive Branch.

WW

How about if I want to vote then I'll register to vote. Why does the state think it can publish my information on a voter list that just about anyone can use to get personal information about me without my permission?

In lots of states anyone can get your name age DOB phone number and address from the voter lists and use it for any purpose they want.

The state has no right to put that information there without my consent
The answer is better privacy on voters rolls

How about if I want to vote then I'll register to vote. Why does the state think it can publish my information on a voter list that just about anyone can use to get personal information about me without my permission?

In lots of states anyone can get your name age DOB phone number and address from the voter lists and use it for any purpose they want.

The answer is better privacy on voters rolls

Kari Lake's records request hearing just concluded, she's asking for even more including voter signatures.

WW

I live in a "motor voter" state. You can opt out of registering to vote. It isn't forced on you.

Except for all the evidence. Don't make stuff up.

See 538s analysis.

And spare me the dog and pony show. It's clear why right wingers oppose this.
Not a right winger, not a republican not a democrat unlike you idiots who have to have the fucking government think for you I can do that for myself.

I live in a "motor voter" state. You can opt out of registering to vote. It isn't forced on you.

You should have to opt in

Opting out means you are already registered even if you didn't do it yourself

Not a right winger, not a republican not a democrat unlike you idiots who have to have the fucking government think for you I can do that for myself.
It's clear why right wingers oppose this.

That's true whether or not you are a right winger.

Settle down.

Thread locked after complaint verified, thread was started without any OP personal content or viewpoint.
1695761422498.png

Attachments

• 1695761356777.png
    1695761356777.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back