CDZ Is anything above politics

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
There was a thread on here the other day about Gay Penguins.

It quickly became politicised and was essentially the progressive liberal versus the regressive conservatives.

Grown men and women spent Friday night googling Gay Penguins in order to prove their point.

Gay Penguins I kid you not.

So my question is very simple.

Is the sex life of penguins the line in the sand or does politics,in the partisan sense, cover every aspect of the human experience ?

The weather is political,food is political, God is political. Sex is political. Sexuality is political. Travel is political. Cars are political. The air we breathe is political. Everything is political.

Is the sex life of penguins the line in the sand or does politics,in the partisan sense, cover every aspect of the human experience ?

Because I didn't see that thread, don't particularly want to, and thus won't go looking for it, I'm going to give its OP and other participants the benefit of the doubt and presume the penguins were brought up in connection with addressing homosexuality as a natural occurrence and using the fact that it is as a premise or to draw an inference as part of making some sort of argument about the legitimacy of homosexuality among humans.

I'm going to hope that nobody who isn't a zoologist was actually discussing the sexual behavior of penguins in and of itself and for any purpose other than to discuss penguins in an objective and non-political context. But I've before hoped all sorts of things are so that were not, and I've hoped things were not so that are....

Because I didn't see that thread, don't particularly want to, and thus won't go looking for it, I'm going to give its OP and other participants the benefit of the doubt and presume the penguins were brought up in connection with addressing homosexuality as a natural occurrence and using the fact that it is as a premise or to draw an inference as part of making some sort of argument about the legitimacy of homosexuality among humans.

I'm going to hope that nobody who isn't a zoologist was actually discussing the sexual behavior of penguins in and of itself and for any purpose other than to discuss penguins in an objective and non-political context. But I've before hoped all sorts of things are so that were not, and I've hoped things were not so that are....
It was just an innocent and joyous celebration of love that got hijacked.

It's not the fact that all aspects of human existence are politicized. I understand that. What I can't understand is this hyper-partisanship, which I don't think is related at all to how people actually think and feel. What's it really all about?

1- Personal rage: People are angry. Really angry. They looove the net, because they can act like animals with impunity. Let their anger off the leash. Libturds/Conservitards like you just don't get it!! Ahhhhh, that felt so gooood! Sock puppet, SOCK PUPPET!. Seriously, has any intelligent human being ever used the phrase "sock puppet"? What a wasteland of people shouting past each other.

2- Divide and conquer. The people who should get the attention, who are really responsible for our ills, the criminals who steal our political representation, get people riled up over the wrong things, to deflect attention from themselves. It's so easy, and has been so successful since the dawn of time. Defend the walls! The invaders are coming, this time in the guise of swishy penguins!! It's a literal labyrinth of irrationality, but the hyper-partisan warriors nonetheless mount the battlements to fight the good fight! It's so tedious!

Those penguins were turned gay by the biased liberal media! :mad:
It will wear off when they see some cute penguin ass.
one-liner-sex-jokes1.jpg

It's not the fact that all aspects of human existence are politicized. I understand that. What I can't understand is this hyper-partisanship, which I don't think is related at all to how people actually think and feel. What's it really all about?

1- Personal rage: People are angry. Really angry. They looove the net, because they can act like animals with impunity. Let their anger off the leash. Libturds/Conservitards like you just don't get it!! Ahhhhh, that felt so gooood! Sock puppet, SOCK PUPPET!. Seriously, has any intelligent human being ever used the phrase "sock puppet"? What a wasteland of people shouting past each other.

2- Divide and conquer. The people who should get the attention, who are really responsible for our ills, the criminals who steal our political representation, get people riled up over the wrong things, to deflect attention from themselves. It's so easy, and has been so successful since the dawn of time. Defend the walls! The invaders are coming, this time in the guise of swishy penguins!! It's a literal labyrinth of irrationality, but the hyper-partisan warriors nonetheless mount the battlements to fight the good fight! It's so tedious!

There are many things that transcend politics, politics isn't everything. I have many friends who are actual Liberals, we rarely discuss politics, but we do discuss films, music, art, architecture and various sports.

I have no time for people who think politics is EVERYTHING, and as a Right-Winger they could NEVER be friends with a Liberal or as a Liberal they could NEVER be friends with a Right-Winger. Such people are not only emotionally immature, they're also pretty sad individuals to be so incredibly small-minded and petty.

On this forum one example, that's Pogo, he's completely on the Left, but we get along wonderfully....more people should try it.

Yes, music and competitive sports are not political subjects. Certainly musicians and athletes can use their visibility to push their political positions if they chose to, but the music they make or the sporting event they compete in can't be made into a Liberal/Conservative issue. I suppose patriotic music could be politicized but that's the exception. In general I would say music and sports are not political.

Yes, music and competitive sports are not political subjects. Certainly musicians and athletes can use their visibility to push their political positions if they chose to, but the music they make or the sporting event they compete in can't be made into a Liberal/Conservative issue. I suppose patriotic music could be politicized but that's the exception. In general I would say music and sports are not political.

Absolutely, music and sports shouldn't be politicised.

I think the internet brings out our tribal element. Human nature draws us together to live and work but these days we dont even know the people who live in our street. On the net its a different kind of community and peoples allegiances are there for all to see. Its a small step from that to abuse and beyond..
In real life people might actually get on and like each other. I dont know the politics of my family and friends but I know the politics of everyone I have met through the internet.

Music and sport are hugely political.

Maybe the male penguins were isolated in some way, thus deprived of female penguins, so for companionship they turned to each other?

I'm sure if you threw in a few female penguins, there wouldn't have been an issue.

Maybe the male penguins were isolated in some way, thus deprived of female penguins, so for companionship they turned to each other?

I'm sure if you threw in a few female penguins, there wouldn't have been an issue.
It was a breeding colony.

It quickly became politicised and was essentially the progressive liberal versus the regressive conservatives.

Grown men and women spent Friday night googling Gay Penguins in order to prove their point.

The weather is political,food is political, God is political. Sex is political. Sexuality is political. Travel is political. Cars are political. The air we breathe is political. Everything is political.

Political power has extended to every facet of our existence. They now tell us what doctor to see, how our children will be educated, and even what kind of toilet we should use when we take a shit.

As a result, everything is now politicalized. It is the natural outcome of a governmental dictatorship.

Deal with it.

Political power has extended to every facet of our existence. They now tell us what doctor to see, how our children will be educated, and even what kind of toilet we should use when we take a shit.

As a result, everything is now politicalized. It is the natural outcome of a governmental dictatorship.

Deal with it.

But where do gay penguins fit in, you never thought of that did you? :smoke:

Deal with it.

Why should we have to deal with it? As individuals we have the right to make our own choices, we don't have to accept those choices being made for us.

OMG I NEARLY was in danger of sounding like a :eek-52: Liberal :eek-52: then :confused-84: :eusa_doh:

Forum List

Back