Is anyplace safe from DEMONS?

Pretty hypocritical of Nutty to make fun of peoples belief systems...... especially when they don't coincide with his/her/it's own............ What a wonderful example of a loving, understanding, accepting, inclusive, non-judgmental, person of a specific political persuasion that supposedly preaches all the above....... Yet rarely practices it unless it suits their purpose........

You've confused me with the "christians" who preach hate for anyone and everyone who dares disagree with them.

Isn't that what Jesus preached? And yet, every day, the "christians" here rant and rave against people who harm no one while bowing down to nutters like Robertson.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is making people think he doesn't exist.

The real question here is - why do you "christians" agree and defend this wing nut?

C'mon, intelligent, sane people do not believe there are demons in their clothes.

For that matter, sane, intelligent people don't believe in "demons".

:cuckoo:
As usual you missed the point.
Simple question, what specific harm to you did that statement about demons do? Did it take away your civil rights? Did it cause you ANY harm in ANY way whatsoever? Was it hate speech aimed at anyone in particular?
By promoting yourself as "sane" and anyone who disagrees with you or your assessments as (by default) insane, you're not only being hypocritical you're practicing the simple act of self justification by ridiculing for no other reason more than to make yourself look "better than thou".......
Basically all you succeeded in proving is you're only tolerant of those who you agree with or those who agree with you. Smooth move there Sparky. But then again if all you want is credibility among those who share your group-think then please continue, you're doing a great job........ :thup:

Religious people aren't insane for believing in demons and such. If anything they're incredibly sane understanding good and evil. They're just profoundly mentally ill.

Care to give me a DSM diagnosis for the people you are claiming as "mentally ill"?

"This is how delusions are described in the DSM-5 (Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders):

Delusions are fixed beliefs that are not amenable to change in light of conflicting evidence. Their content may include a variety of themes (e.g. persecutory, referential, somatic, religious, grandiose).[…] Delusions are deemed bizarre if they are clearly implausible and not understandable to same-culture peers and do not derive from ordinary life experiences. […] The distinction between a delusion and a strongly held idea is sometimes difficult to make and depends in part on the degree of conviction with which the belief is held despite clear or reasonable contradictory evidence regarding its veracity."
Imperfect Cognitions Delusions in the DSM 5

"Kathleen Taylor, Neuroscientist, Says Religious Fundamentalism Could Be Treated As A Mental Illness

An Oxford University researcher and author specializing in neuroscience has suggested that one day religious fundamentalism may be treated as a curable mental illness.

Kathleen Taylor, who describes herself as a "science writer affiliated to the Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics," made the suggestion during a presentation on brain research at the Hay Literary Festival in Wales on Wednesday.

In response to a question about the future of neuroscience, Taylor said that "One of the surprises may be to see people with certain beliefs as people who can be treated," The Times of London notes."
Kathleen Taylor Neuroscientist Says Religious Fundamentalism Could Be Treated As A Mental Illness

Can post however much substantiating evidence you like, but as ever, when confronted with evidence you don't like, you can refute and reject it to your heart's content.

Pretty hypocritical of Nutty to make fun of peoples belief systems...... especially when they don't coincide with his/her/it's own............ What a wonderful example of a loving, understanding, accepting, inclusive, non-judgmental, person of a specific political persuasion that supposedly preaches all the above....... Yet rarely practices it unless it suits their purpose........

You've confused me with the "christians" who preach hate for anyone and everyone who dares disagree with them.

Isn't that what Jesus preached? And yet, every day, the "christians" here rant and rave against people who harm no one while bowing down to nutters like Robertson.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is making people think he doesn't exist.

The real question here is - why do you "christians" agree and defend this wing nut?

C'mon, intelligent, sane people do not believe there are demons in their clothes.

Simple question, what specific harm to you did that statement about demons do? Did it take away your civil rights? Did it cause you ANY harm in ANY way whatsoever? Was it hate speech aimed at anyone in particular?
By promoting yourself as "sane" and anyone who disagrees with you or your assessments as (by default) insane, you're not only being hypocritical you're practicing the simple act of self justification by ridiculing for no other reason more than to make yourself look "better than thou".......
Basically all you succeeded in proving is you're only tolerant of those who you agree with or those who agree with you. Smooth move there Sparky. But then again if all you want is credibility among those who share your group-think then please continue, you're doing a great job........ :thup:

oops, Sorry. I missed the rules that says I can only post things that "take away my civil rights" and "cause me harm". Please link to that rule. Thanks.

But, you're right that I have no tolerance for idiots who believe such outrageous crap as this.

Its an example of your usual sloppy thinking that you ASSSume that means I am intolerant of everyone who disagrees with me. In point of fact, I often post the exact opposite but I'll say it again for you:

I believe you should be able to believe as you wish. As long as you don't harm others, as long as you don't force your beliefs on our schools or government, you should be free to believe there are demons in your clothes.

And I should be free to ridicule that belief.

And, you should be free to disagree with me.

See how that works for us sane and intelligent people?
Still missing the point...... Yet you preach tolerance and respect in many other areas....... :eusa_whistle: Oh well........ Have you considered a career in ivory tower academia? Like them you have difficulty seeing past your own theoretical "sanity".

Last edited:

Religious people aren't insane for believing in demons and such. If anything they're incredibly sane understanding good and evil. They're just profoundly mentally ill.
Ahhhh look at the conspiracy theorist calling others insane. How cute. :lmao:

Care to give me a DSM diagnosis for the people you are claiming as "mentally ill"?

"This is how delusions are described in the DSM-5 (Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders):

Delusions are fixed beliefs that are not amenable to change in light of conflicting evidence. Their content may include a variety of themes (e.g. persecutory, referential, somatic, religious, grandiose).[…] Delusions are deemed bizarre if they are clearly implausible and not understandable to same-culture peers and do not derive from ordinary life experiences. […] The distinction between a delusion and a strongly held idea is sometimes difficult to make and depends in part on the degree of conviction with which the belief is held despite clear or reasonable contradictory evidence regarding its veracity."

"Kathleen Taylor, Neuroscientist, Says Religious Fundamentalism Could Be Treated As A Mental Illness

An Oxford University researcher and author specializing in neuroscience has suggested that one day religious fundamentalism may be treated as a curable mental illness.

Kathleen Taylor, who describes herself as a "science writer affiliated to the Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics," made the suggestion during a presentation on brain research at the Hay Literary Festival in Wales on Wednesday.

In response to a question about the future of neuroscience, Taylor said that "One of the surprises may be to see people with certain beliefs as people who can be treated," The Times of London notes."
Kathleen Taylor Neuroscientist Says Religious Fundamentalism Could Be Treated As A Mental Illness

Can post however much substantiating evidence you like, but as ever, when confronted with evidence you don't like, you can refute and reject it to your heart's content.

So basically another "religion bad, me so smart for being atheist" viewpoint. got it. So what you have is DSM reference that compares delusions to a belief structure, and admits the difference is not hard or concrete, along with ONE neuroscientist who sees extreme religious views as a treatable disease.

So basically another "religion bad, me so smart for being atheist" viewpoint. got it. So what you have is DSM reference that compares delusions to a belief structure, and admits the difference is not hard or concrete, along with ONE neuroscientist who sees extreme religious views as a treatable disease.

What I have is other things to do than prove once again the sky is blue.

What I have is other things to do than prove once again the sky is blue.

Typical.

In the old days only Catholics got possessed and needed exorcisms. Today because of the movies, who knows who might get possessed. Once the seed is planted. People are stupid so it's bound to work on someone who can talk in devil gibberish. Just catch it on a smart phone her walking up a wall backward. Or show me her head spin all the way around. Or have her ramble off my name, social security number and birth date and drivers licence number. Then I'll believe. Actually I'd shit my pants. But hell even David Blane can do that. LOL

oops, Sorry. I missed the rules that says I can only post things that "take away my civil rights" and "cause me harm". Please link to that rule. Thanks.

But, you're right that I have no tolerance for idiots who believe such outrageous crap as this.

Its an example of your usual sloppy thinking that you ASSSume that means I am intolerant of everyone who disagrees with me. In point of fact, I often post the exact opposite but I'll say it again for you:

I believe you should be able to believe as you wish. As long as you don't harm others, as long as you don't force your beliefs on our schools or government, you should be free to believe there are demons in your clothes.

Still missing the point...... Yet you preach tolerance and respect in many other areas....... :)eusa_whistle) Oh well........ Have you considered a career in ivory tower academia? Like them you have difficulty seeing past your own theoretical "sanity".

Still missing the point...... Yet you preach tolerance and respect in many other areas....... :)eusa_whistle:) Oh well........ Have you considered a career in ivory tower academia? Like them you have difficulty seeing past your own theoretical "sanity".

And, for the gazillionth time, I just stated that I believe in tolerance of other people's religious beliefs.

I respect that right but no, I don't respect what they believe.

Its like the kkk/white supremacists scum who post here. I will never ever respect their beliefs but I do agree with and respect their right to those beliefs.

You're wrong and you know you're wrong - both in your ridiculous criticism of me and in your apparent belief in evil (or good?) gods living in your clothing.

I don't know what you are trying to say but I think you are starting to get where us athiests are coming from. You guys believing god visited your ancestors is holding us all back. Your churches are starting to become outdated and obsolete. And your red headed cousins the muslim theists are starting to get a little crazy. They are reminding us of how you guys acted before we put in a secular government. Religions have already held us back 2000 years MINIMUM we don't want to take a step backward AGAIN.

Yes, religion is making you dumb, gullible and controllable. Its making you sheep. Of course! You are part of a flock. There was a time when religion was good and maybe there is even a place for it in society but you guys have to rewrite your holy books. Please take out the stories of supernatural miracles and unbelievable stories and then we will read it again. Even if Jesus existed and was god, he didn't say what your holy books say. The churches wrote all that stuff to control you. Control your minds. Keep you dumb and illogical and irrational. Blows my mind.

Still missing the point...... Yet you preach tolerance and respect in many other areas....... :)eusa_whistle) Oh well........ Have you considered a career in ivory tower academia? Like them you have difficulty seeing past your own theoretical "sanity".

Still missing the point...... Yet you preach tolerance and respect in many other areas....... :)eusa_whistle:) Oh well........ Have you considered a career in ivory tower academia? Like them you have difficulty seeing past your own theoretical "sanity".

And, for the gazillionth time, I just stated that I believe in tolerance of other people's religious beliefs.

Its like the kkk/white supremacists scum who post here. I will never ever respect their beliefs but I do agree with and respect their right to those beliefs.

You're wrong and you know you're wrong - both in your ridiculous criticism of me and in your apparent belief in evil (or good?) gods living in your clothing.
Oooh, so since I pointed out your hypocrisy I now believe in "gods" living in my clothing......... No folks, you can't make this shit up!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't know what you are trying to say but I think you are starting to get where us athiests are coming from. You guys believing god visited your ancestors is holding us all back. Your churches are starting to become outdated and obsolete. And your red headed cousins the muslim theists are starting to get a little crazy. They are reminding us of how you guys acted before we put in a secular government. Religions have already held us back 2000 years MINIMUM we don't want to take a step backward AGAIN.

Yes, religion is making you dumb, gullible and controllable. Its making you sheep. Of course! You are part of a flock. There was a time when religion was good and maybe there is even a place for it in society but you guys have to rewrite your holy books. Please take out the stories of supernatural miracles and unbelievable stories and then we will read it again. Even if Jesus existed and was god, he didn't say what your holy books say. The churches wrote all that stuff to control you. Control your minds. Keep you dumb and illogical and irrational. Blows my mind.

Again its nothing but "Me so smart, u so dumb" with the faint whiff of arrogance added that only asshole atheists can bring to it.

And once I see the "religion holding us back 2000 years" line, I know I am dealing with a zelot. Considering learning was protected by both the Church AND the Ottoman Caliphate/Empire in the last millennium, your accusation rings hollow.

And as for control, considering most asshole atheists are also reverent progressives/statists, you just clamor for one version of control over another. At least people can walk out of a Church if they so choose.

In the past 10 years I have only gone into churches for weddings, funerals, and baptisms. I consider my faith weak or non-existent. However I would rather deal with 100 of the reverently devout than 3 asshole atheists smugly mocking religious people.

In the old days only Catholics got possessed and needed exorcisms. Today because of the movies, who knows who might get possessed. Once the seed is planted. People are stupid so it's bound to work on someone who can talk in devil gibberish. Just catch it on a smart phone her walking up a wall backward. Or show me her head spin all the way around. Or have her ramble off my name, social security number and birth date and drivers licence number. Then I'll believe. Actually I'd shit my pants. But hell even David Blane can do that. LOL

Modern day nincompoop, Sarah Palin actually had "witches" exorcised.

She believes in demons and angels as well and my bet is she believes every word of the crap Robertson spews.

She believes in demons and angels as well and my bet is she believes every word of the crap Robertson spews.
I believe in demons and angels too.
Just not Uncle Pat.

A demon's purpose for possession is to bend a person's will.
A pair of used jeans doesn't have a will to control.

Again its nothing but "Me so smart, u so dumb" with the faint whiff of arrogance added that only asshole atheists can bring to it.

And once I see the "religion holding us back 2000 years" line, I know I am dealing with a zelot. Considering learning was protected by both the Church AND the Ottoman Caliphate/Empire in the last millennium, your accusation rings hollow.

And as for control, considering most asshole atheists are also reverent progressives/statists, you just clamor for one version of control over another. At least people can walk out of a Church if they so choose.

In the past 10 years I have only gone into churches for weddings, funerals, and baptisms. I consider my faith weak or non-existent. However I would rather deal with 100 of the reverently devout than 3 asshole atheists smugly mocking religious people.
Then I'll see you in hell. Are Militant atheists just as bad as religious ones? No, they’re not. There are no calls for slavery, rape or murder in the atheist holy book. Atheists are most often called ‘militant’ when they passionately defend reason and advocate critical thinking. The bar theists set for perceived hostility appears to be any atheist simply voicing an opinion in dissent of religious belief. In contrast, the bar atheists set for perceived theistic hostility is any form of religiously motivated violence or oppression.

Atheism does not preclude someone from being argumentative or insensitive; those things are simply seen as being preferable to killing one another over an imaginary friend. A ‘militant’ atheist will debate in a University or appeal for the separation of religion and government. A militant theist will kill doctors, stone women to death,incite religious war, restrict sexual and gender equality and convince children they areflawed and worthless – all under the instruction of their imagined ‘god’ or holy book. It can be argued that there is no such thing as a ‘militant’ atheist, that the term is itself a misnomer, because there is simply no ideology or philosophy in atheism to be militant about. If an atheist is someone who lacks belief in gods, then a ‘militant’ atheist is apparently someone who passionately lacks a belief in gods. All other possible beliefs and ideologies – including any desire to oppress theism – come from outside atheism. This is in contrast to religious belief, which often includes a set of laws and commandments purportedly derived from a supernatural source about which one can be ‘militant’.

‘Militant’ atheism is most often confused with gosateizm (state atheism), which was based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism. It was this ideology which was responsible for the oppression and murder of theists under several 20th century communist regimes. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods with no inherit moral, political or philosophical baggage.

“I’m sorry if my insensitivity towards your beliefs offends you. But guess what – your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia and rejection of science and reason offend me. So I guess we’re even.” –
Anonymous
  1. unholy_trinity3.jpg

You're wrong and you know you're wrong - both in your ridiculous criticism of me and in your

apparent

belief in evil (or good?) gods living in your clothing.
Oooh, so since I pointed out your hypocrisy I now believe in "gods" living in my clothing......... No folks, you can't make this shit up!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In your usual dishonest, hypocritical intolerance, you have chosen to ignore a key word in my post. Take another look at the embedded quote and see if you can figure out the word I mean.

Did you find it?

:ahole-1:

Last edited:

Now I see why you defend your religious buddies so much. You're an Ayn Rand atheist. Greedy.

One of objectivism's central tenets is that the proper moral purpose of one's life is the pursuit of one's own happiness (rational self-interest), that the only social system consistent with this morality is one that displays full respect for individual rights embodied in laissez-faire capitalism,

Most academic philosophers have ignored or rejected Rand's philosophy however objectivism has been a significant influence among libertarians and American conservatives.

I believe in demons and angels too.
Just not Uncle Pat.

A demon's purpose for possession is to bend a person's will.
A pair of used jeans doesn't have a will to control.

Really?

If one believes in invisible evil/good gods it doesn't seem like it be much of a leap to believe they're in your clothes.

To each their own but honestly, I would hate to live like that.

Now I see why you defend your religious buddies so much. You're an Ayn Rand atheist. Greedy.

One of objectivism's central tenets is that the proper moral purpose of one's life is the pursuit of one's own happiness (rational self-interest), that the only social system consistent with this morality is one that displays full respect for individual rights embodied in laissez-faire capitalism,

Most academic philosophers have ignored or rejected Rand's philosophy however objectivism has been a significant influence among libertarians and American conservatives.

I defend people who just want to be left alone, and I object to snarky, self centered assholes, such as the more annoying atheists on this board.

All you do is replace God with Self, nothing more, nothing less.

Then I'll see you in hell. Are Militant atheists just as bad as religious ones? No, they’re not. There are no calls for slavery, rape or murder in the atheist holy book. Atheists are most often called ‘militant’ when they passionately defend reason and advocate critical thinking. The bar theists set for perceived hostility appears to be any atheist simply voicing an opinion in dissent of religious belief. In contrast, the bar atheists set for perceived theistic hostility is any form of religiously motivated violence or oppression.

Atheism does not preclude someone from being argumentative or insensitive; those things are simply seen as being preferable to killing one another over an imaginary friend. A ‘militant’ atheist will debate in a University or appeal for the separation of religion and government. A militant theist will kill doctors, stone women to death,incite religious war, restrict sexual and gender equality and convince children they areflawed and worthless – all under the instruction of their imagined ‘god’ or holy book. It can be argued that there is no such thing as a ‘militant’ atheist, that the term is itself a misnomer, because there is simply no ideology or philosophy in atheism to be militant about. If an atheist is someone who lacks belief in gods, then a ‘militant’ atheist is apparently someone who passionately lacks a belief in gods. All other possible beliefs and ideologies – including any desire to oppress theism – come from outside atheism. This is in contrast to religious belief, which often includes a set of laws and commandments purportedly derived from a supernatural source about which one can be ‘militant’.

‘Militant’ atheism is most often confused with gosateizm (state atheism), which was based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism. It was this ideology which was responsible for the oppression and murder of theists under several 20th century communist regimes. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods with no inherit moral, political or philosophical baggage.

“I’m sorry if my insensitivity towards your beliefs offends you. But guess what – your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia and rejection of science and reason offend me. So I guess we’re even.” –
Anonymous
  1. unholy_trinity3.jpg

Nothing like a wall of text and a snarky picture to get your point across....

How about adding some of your own content and concepts, instead of sucking off the teat of others?

You're wrong and you know you're wrong - both in your ridiculous criticism of me and in your

apparent

belief in evil (or good?) gods living in your clothing.

Inn your usual dishonest, hypocritical intolerance, you have chosen to ignore a key word in my post. Take another look and see if you can figure out the word I mean.

Did you find it?

:ahole-1:
Sure thing there Sparky, try a refresher class in English composition....... You did take it the first time, right?
Oh and I'd rather be an asshole than you any day, being an asshole is leaps and bounds better than you are.......
Now, do you see, I used your "I'm better than you because" argument.......... :lmao:
Here's a clue, you ain't, no matter how much you wish it were true...... Putz. :lmao:

Forum List

Back