Is anyone happy with the cap and trade bill?

Care, you think they are mad now? just wait till they start adding carbon taxes to the existing structure . Your parents utility bill will go up anyway as it's my understanding that Florida already has a few nuclear plants as well as many other types that would be subject to severe cap taxes under this bill. Then you have the issue of permitting with other technologies like Wind, and Solar because every envirnomental group will run to court in Fl. to delay the construction of those types of projects for various reason(s). While I understand your parents frustration, in the long run the nuclear plant would most likely serve the needs of that community and others in the long term. I don't see why he could not buy into it as long as it's a publically held company, I don't know if FPL is you may want to check into it though Care.

Nuke Plants are CLEAN and do not admit carbon's and yes, florida has several, my parent's electric comes from a Nuclear Power plant that already exists there, this is for an additional plant.

And yes, I am certain my father will be throwing a fit, if prices go up, no matter who is doing it, the government or the private sector....in his case, it is the private sector that he feels is ripping him off.

Care

I wonder then how he is going to feel when his utility bill goes up as a result of all this? Still upset with the private sector? I'm sure they hold hearings the utility company does for the general public prior to the construction of any new plant. So I would imagine your father coudl attend one and express his concerns to them. The more I think about this , the more I'm of the opinion that if the Govt. had wanted to reduce our dependance on foreign energy they would simply extend the solar tax credit to 100% for a short period of time . What that would do is allow anyone who wants to, to put solar panels on their homes , reducing electric use, and cutting down the need for that plant in some area's as well as cutting down on energy usage. However, as I said before. this bill has little of anything to do with energy issues related to the citizens of this nation and more to do with enriching people involved with it's passage.

ohhhh, they've held meetings alright and the politicians/government okaying this is about to be lynched by the mobs rejecting it! :eek:

i'm saying, these old folk in these communities will do the same with cap and trade, if it hurts them!

Nuke Plants are CLEAN and do not admit carbon's and yes, florida has several, my parent's electric comes from a Nuclear Power plant that already exists there, this is for an additional plant.

And yes, I am certain my father will be throwing a fit, if prices go up, no matter who is doing it, the government or the private sector....in his case, it is the private sector that he feels is ripping him off.

Care

I wonder then how he is going to feel when his utility bill goes up as a result of all this? Still upset with the private sector? I'm sure they hold hearings the utility company does for the general public prior to the construction of any new plant. So I would imagine your father coudl attend one and express his concerns to them. The more I think about this , the more I'm of the opinion that if the Govt. had wanted to reduce our dependance on foreign energy they would simply extend the solar tax credit to 100% for a short period of time . What that would do is allow anyone who wants to, to put solar panels on their homes , reducing electric use, and cutting down the need for that plant in some area's as well as cutting down on energy usage. However, as I said before. this bill has little of anything to do with energy issues related to the citizens of this nation and more to do with enriching people involved with it's passage.

ohhhh, they've held meetings alright and the politicians/government okaying this is about to be lynched by the mobs rejecting it! :eek:

i'm saying, these old folk in these communities will do the same with cap and trade, if it hurts them!

The one big difference here though Care is that cap and trade not only effects them as far as utility bills are concerned it effects them in every single product that uses energy. For example, transportation costs will rise as a result of caps on fossil fuels , leading to a rise in every product that is transported. I don't have to tell you what happened last year when gas prices when to 4.50 a gallon and how that caused the prices in just about every sector to rise along with it, especially food costs and goods and services too. I'm of the opinion that our Govt. in it's efforts to stimulate the economy don't seem to think there is another 50 states outside Washington D.C. You know the nuclear plant your parents complain about, well rather than the state of Fl. spending 21 Million dollars to build a bridge in south Fl. right next to one that exists already or another 5 million to build another once across Marco Island, when the one thats there is fine. perhaps that money is better spent and would create more jobs and long lasting ones in the construction of power facilites that your parents would not have to pay twice the rates for , see what I mean? this cap and trade bill is a complete mess Care and does nothing to solve any issues, in fact I wonder how they will react when some of those Seniors in Fl. that sale their homes only to find out it doesn't meet the new environmental standards and have to pay 10 thousand dollars just to bring it up to the new code.

And there you have it the only people who like this bill are those to damn dumb to understand basci math. Chris this bill isn't moving us any where but incrementally closer to poverty. people with no money aren't buying anything new. The only CO2 reduction this bill will provide is will be due to an economy that is in a virtual state of recession.

How the hell are people supposed to make the move to green energy when the freaking government is taking all their freaking money to fight a damn problem that doesn't provably exist based on a theory that ignores the obvious.

I am not headed to poverty. You might be, however.

And there you have it the only people who like this bill are those to damn dumb to understand basci math. Chris this bill isn't moving us any where but incrementally closer to poverty. people with no money aren't buying anything new. The only CO2 reduction this bill will provide is will be due to an economy that is in a virtual state of recession.

How the hell are people supposed to make the move to green energy when the freaking government is taking all their freaking money to fight a damn problem that doesn't provably exist based on a theory that ignores the obvious.

yeah, you're cheating the veterans you hate out of their hard-earned money.

yeah, you're cheating the veterans you hate out of their hard-earned money.

All you have is personal attacks.

It is pretty pathetic.

I don't have any veteran clients by the way.

The one big difference here though Care is that cap and trade not only effects them as far as utility bills are concerned it effects them in every single product that uses energy. For example, transportation costs will rise as a result of caps on fossil fuels , leading to a rise in every product that is transported. I don't have to tell you what happened last year when gas prices when to 4.50 a gallon and how that caused the prices in just about every sector to rise along with it, especially food costs and goods and services too. I'm of the opinion that our Govt. in it's efforts to stimulate the economy don't seem to think there is another 50 states outside Washington D.C. You know the nuclear plant your parents complain about, well rather than the state of Fl. spending 21 Million dollars to build a bridge in south Fl. right next to one that exists already or another 5 million to build another once across Marco Island, when the one thats there is fine. perhaps that money is better spent and would create more jobs and long lasting ones in the construction of power facilites that your parents would not have to pay twice the rates for , see what I mean? this cap and trade bill is a complete mess Care and does nothing to solve any issues, in fact I wonder how they will react when some of those Seniors in Fl. that sale their homes only to find out it doesn't meet the new environmental standards and have to pay 10 thousand dollars just to bring it up to the new code.

btw, WHY is there NO COMPETITION for electricity.... no matter where you live, there is only ONE CHOICE for your electric company? What the heck? I have never had a choice in electric companies where ever I lived, so thus NO COMPETITION....certainly NOT a free market with competition....bet this is EXACTLY how the electric companies want it!

My parents and the others upset, have no competition to go to, so they can not drop this electric company's service? Is this our government's doing....state gvts?

care

btw, WHY is there NO COMPETITION for electricity.... no matter where you live, there is only ONE CHOICE for your electric company? What the heck? I have never had a choice in electric companies where ever I lived, so thus NO COMPETITION....certainly NOT a free market with competition....bet this is EXACTLY how the electric companies want it!

My parents and the others upset, have no competition to go to, so they can not drop this electric company's service? Is this our government's doing....state gvts?

care

We do have choices. We can produce our own power and insulate our homes, so they use less. Every house in America should have solar panels instead of roofing tiles.

Moving toward clean energy is a good idea.

Pretty simple really.

I love all the Republican whinning, however. They loved it when the oil men were in the White House and gas was $4.50 a gallon.

rich people still run our lives Chris you fucking moron....just a different group

Pretty simple really.

I love all the Republican whinning, however. They loved it when the oil men were in the White House and gas was $4.50 a gallon.

rich people still run our lives Chris you fucking moron....just a different group

It's different. These rich people are the ones Christina is sucking on.

Pretty simple really.

You do realize that most of the scientists you have your lips firmly attached to don't support it ....

... as well as enough Democrats in the House to almost stop this idiotic bill ...

... of course you know this already, right? :doubt:

Who cares?

We need to move toward clean energy.

Now the monied interests are howling like stuck pigs.

No surprise there.
who cares?....so you dont care if this whole thing is just a ruse by the environmentalist so they can be the new "oil" people sucking us dry.....you are a real genuine idiot....who cares....Moron.......

Pretty simple really.

price of gasoline had nothing to do with who was in the white house, numbnuts.
Isn't it amazing how ignorant people like this think that the price of gasoline is linked to the president? And putting solar panels would cost more than the house is even worth. Chris needs a check with reality. Let me ask you this Chris. Do you have solar panels instead of roof tiles? If not, shut the fuck up.

Last edited:
YouTube - Waxman Threatens to Kick Issa Out of Hearing Room

The reason I posted this is to show the nature of the people that set this cap and trade bill up. The facts are this bill is NOT an energy bill and anyone that thinks it is is in for a very big surprise when it passes. It uses energy as the vehicle to set up a massive tax scheme to support a carbon trading system that will enrich many people vested in enviro-business at the expense of the American people. If you want this nation to be energy independant, and want it done in an environmentally sound way, I URGE you to call your Senator and tell them to vote NO on this bill and get off their collective asses and pass a bill that promotes ALL of our domestic resources.... Wind,Solar,Nuclear,Natural Gas, Oil, etc.. Here is some food for thought, had the Obama Adminstration just taken the Stimulus and this disaster of a bill and increased the solar credit for homeowners to 100% , imagine every American home with solar and the amount of energy saved there, and the number of jobs that would have created. However, because something as simple as that would not have enriched and kept empolyed all those hoping to make billions of this scheme , like G.E., Al Gore, and many others it would have been shot down along with nuclear, domestic oil production, oil shale, and many others thus increasing our dependance on terrorist states for energy all in the name of a unproven science.

i cant watch that ...Waxmen is to disturbing to look at....looks like he is part mole or something....

care

We do have choices. We can produce our own power and insulate our homes, so they use less. Every house in America should have solar panels instead of roofing tiles.

we do not have a choice in who to buy our electric from chris?

i agree we do have things we can do to use less electric from the grid, and the solar panel roof shingles is awesome and will help down the road....too bad the stimulus didn't fund all of us replacing our roofs with it.....there some good tax credits for green energy, but not enough money to make it happen in our household...

capturing our own rain water would be good as well...

Pretty simple really.

price of gasoline had nothing to do with who was in the white house, numbnuts.
Isn't it amazing how ignorant people like this think that the price of gasoline is linked to the president? And putting solar panels would cost more than the house is even worth. Chris needs a check with reality. Let me ask you this Chris. Do you have solar panels instead of roof tiles? If not, shut the fuck up.

he's prolly a hypocrite just like Al Whore. He prolly drives a fucking excursion.

Pretty simple really.

Last time I checked, gas was $2.50 a gallon.

And nobody runs my life except for my GF. LOL!

Pretty simple really.

Last time I checked, gas was $2.50 a gallon.

And nobody runs my life except for my GF. LOL!

you should tell Old Rocks to let you off the leash.

Forum List

Back