Is anyone else just underwhelmed with Obama?

i was underwhelmed with Obama before he even got elected the first time around.......now i'm overwhelmed by how much damage this guy has done to the USA....
Now this is the response I find interesting, I don't see how he has done an "overwhelmingly" amount of damage, even if you don't like his policies I simply don't see the damage, if you have specifics please, inform me. I am genuinely interested to hear.

here's a good list of specifics....

50 Things Barack Obama Has Done Wrong - John Hawkins - Page full
I got all the way to blocked the keystone pipeline, raising the cost of gas before I realized the crap fest this list was. The NSA and CIA do not take orders from the president for their activities, spying on Americans is a very real example of how our intelligence agencies are out of control with their own agenda. (CIA can steal funds from any government budet for use in black projects that have NO government oversight.) Keystone pipeline would have used eminent domain for corporate purposes and forced people out of their homes if it was in the way of the pipeline. An egregious violation of the law. Most of these list facts that suggest our country is in bad shape, and it is. And manyt of these claims blame him for the poor behavior of many government agencies the president doesn't oversee, he is not our king. And further more I do not think "his servile bowing to other countries is an embarrassment" counts as a claim, this seems more like trying to just blame Obama for every problem this country has ever had since he took office. And he plays golf, I hardly see how that is destroying the country. Articles like that are exactly the sort of weird demonization of Obama I don't understand. I disagree with getting involved in Libya and that's on my list of bad things Obama has done, his claim that he was going to cut the deficit in half seemed pretty ridiculous. I see a few points that are reasonable in this article and then I see about 45 that are crazy.

Too often I feel like Obama's presidency has been a completely underwhelming presidency, his two biggest achievements are the Iran deal and the Affordable Care Act, and that took him years to put together. I found the Affordable Care Act to be a band-aid on our health care system at best. The Iran deal I actually like, pretty tired of war over here.

But he has had to make concession after concession and while I understand that that's politics, he didn't. He really thought he could reach across the aisle and negotiate, and unfortunately in American politics today no one wants to be caught negotiating with "the enemy".

His first few years involved failing and failing to move things through a gridlocked congress, and one of course one could blame a childish congress for that, and they definitely take some fault. But his naivety, likely caused by the fact that he was only in the government at a federal level for two years beforehand cost him quite a bit. As his presidency wraps up people on both sides of the aisle seem to either demonize or deify him.

Republicans like to talk loudly about how Obama is ruining this country and killing the economy, but he has proved to be much friendlier with big business than he seemed. In fact, it seems like he conceded as much as he could implementing a Republican health care system on a national level, but people on the right hate that plan and want repeal. They like to talk about how he is destroying the country, I can't even see how it did that much to even make a big impact actually.

And on the other side Democrats like to act as though Obama spent his presidency pulling us out of goerge bushes hole and we're nearly saved. But, the economy is recovering, it had nothing to do with any politician and more to do with our markets. Things are still bad for many, not terribly worse than they've been for years, but still.

Does anyone else look at Obama's presidency and instead of shouting about its evils or defending him as the savior of the economy just think, "meh"?

One shouldn't underestimate the man. Everything he has screwed up was done with clear intent and frankly, the opposition in Congress is worthless.

Notice - not one verifiable fact from the RW traitors.

They blame Obama when they run out of peanut butter.

Too often I feel like Obama's presidency has been a completely underwhelming presidency, his two biggest achievements are the Iran deal and the Affordable Care Act, and that took him years to put together. I found the Affordable Care Act to be a band-aid on our health care system at best. The Iran deal I actually like, pretty tired of war over here.

But he has had to make concession after concession and while I understand that that's politics, he didn't. He really thought he could reach across the aisle and negotiate, and unfortunately in American politics today no one wants to be caught negotiating with "the enemy".

His first few years involved failing and failing to move things through a gridlocked congress, and one of course one could blame a childish congress for that, and they definitely take some fault. But his naivety, likely caused by the fact that he was only in the government at a federal level for two years beforehand cost him quite a bit. As his presidency wraps up people on both sides of the aisle seem to either demonize or deify him.

Republicans like to talk loudly about how Obama is ruining this country and killing the economy, but he has proved to be much friendlier with big business than he seemed. In fact, it seems like he conceded as much as he could implementing a Republican health care system on a national level, but people on the right hate that plan and want repeal. They like to talk about how he is destroying the country, I can't even see how it did that much to even make a big impact actually.

And on the other side Democrats like to act as though Obama spent his presidency pulling us out of goerge bushes hole and we're nearly saved. But, the economy is recovering, it had nothing to do with any politician and more to do with our markets. Things are still bad for many, not terribly worse than they've been for years, but still.

Does anyone else look at Obama's presidency and instead of shouting about its evils or defending him as the savior of the economy just think, "meh"?

Less like a bandaid, and more like cancer injected into health care.

He didn't have to make any concessions. He had both houses, and the presidency, and clearly the support of the supreme court. Honestly, he could have done anything at all. The results that you see, are the results he got. No excuses, no blame shifting.

Obama hasn't been intentionally friendly to business at all. Regulations, by their very nature, or pro-big-business. Which is exactly why we on the right are against regulations.

Every time the left get's up and starts talking about 'regulating big business', the results are ALWAYS that big business wins, and small business and consumers lose. There is no exception to this.

And the Iran deal, was not a success at all. You people are so stupid sometimes. We had the exact same deal in the 90s under Clinton.

We made the exact same deal with North Korea. Same deal completely. Limits to enrichment. Stock pile limitation. Inspections. Same promises. This will prevent them from getting a bomb. This will ensure future security of our allies. This will make everything wonderful and happy.... blaw blaw blaw blaw.

Iran has made numerous promises, and broken them all.

Now we have done the exact same deal all over again with Iran. This deal has made things far more dangerous, than if there had been no deal at all. Now Iran can engage in their weapons development, while the US stands back under the guise of "we have a deal". That is exactly what happened with Korea.

We had warnings that Korea was still building nuclear weapons, but we did nothing. Why? Because who wants to be the politician to tell everyone "everything the previous guy did was bunk!". The moment he does that, everyone on the other side of the political isle, will attack him.

"he's the guy that ruined our deal with Iran!" "If it wasn't for so-and-so, Iran would have kept to the deal".

In reality, Iran has no intention of sticking to the deal, and they have said as much. It wasn't even a week after the deal was agreed to, that people in the Iranian government announced they planned to deploy hundreds more centrifuges, in completely violation of the deal they just agreed to.

This isn't a success. If I were a betting man, I'd place my pay check that this deal with Iran is an even bigger failure than Obamacare.

i was underwhelmed with Obama before he even got elected the first time around.......now i'm overwhelmed by how much damage this guy has done to the USA....
Now this is the response I find interesting, I don't see how he has done an "overwhelmingly" amount of damage, even if you don't like his policies I simply don't see the damage, if you have specifics please, inform me. I am genuinely interested to hear.

I got all the way to blocked the keystone pipeline, raising the cost of gas before I realized the crap fest this list was. The NSA and CIA do not take orders from the president for their activities, spying on Americans is a very real example of how our intelligence agencies are out of control with their own agenda. (CIA can steal funds from any government budet for use in black projects that have NO government oversight.) Keystone pipeline would have used eminent domain for corporate purposes and forced people out of their homes if it was in the way of the pipeline. An egregious violation of the law. Most of these list facts that suggest our country is in bad shape, and it is. And manyt of these claims blame him for the poor behavior of many government agencies the president doesn't oversee, he is not our king. And further more I do not think "his servile bowing to other countries is an embarrassment" counts as a claim, this seems more like trying to just blame Obama for every problem this country has ever had since he took office. And he plays golf, I hardly see how that is destroying the country. Articles like that are exactly the sort of weird demonization of Obama I don't understand. I disagree with getting involved in Libya and that's on my list of bad things Obama has done, his claim that he was going to cut the deficit in half seemed pretty ridiculous. I see a few points that are reasonable in this article and then I see about 45 that are crazy.

Under Article II of the Constitution, the President is responsible for the execution and enforcement of the laws created by Congress. Fifteen executive departments — each led by an appointed member of the President's Cabinet — carry out the day-to-day administration of the federal government. They are joined in this by other executive agencies such as the CIA and Environmental Protection Agency, the heads of which are not part of the Cabinet, but who are under the full authority of the President. The President also appoints the heads of more than 50 independent federal commissions, such as the Federal Reserve Board or the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as federal judges, ambassadors, and other federal offices. The Executive Office of the President (EOP) consists of the immediate staff to the President, along with entities such as the Office of Management and Budget and the Office of the United States Trade Representative.

The Executive Branch whitehouse.gov

as far as his golfing goes.... i hope he does more as it keeps him away from doing more destructive things....

all over the planet for a hundred years now the Left has idolized their left-wing leaders as demi-gods, no matter how destructive they are/were

our left-wing nutjobs are no exception

One shouldn't underestimate the man. Everything he has screwed up was done with clear intent and frankly, the opposition in Congress is worthless.

I would even argue, he screwed it up with the backing of the public. If the public really didn't want government screwing stuff up, we wouldn't elect people like him to begin with.

The CIA and NSA arent answerable to the President? He is not the Commander in Chief? Seriously?

verifiable fact for the LWNJ crying:

under obama the richest got richer, the poorest got poorer.................both at a faster pace under obama than was happening under Bush and Republicans

in the wonderful world of left-wing nutjobs down is up, up is down, left is right, right is left, record welfare and food stamps are "forward progress"...etc

First of all, the Iran deal was awful. It will be remembered in the history books along the same lines as Chamberlain's 'Peace in Our Time' deal with Hitler. We got absolutely nothing out of the deal and Iran got everything. We didn't even get the 4 political prisoners... I don't even think we asked for them... shameful.

On Obamacare... One way or another it will be remembered as a failure. It will either be repealed by Republicans in 2017 or eventually, even Democrats will have to face what a disaster it is. It does not provide "affordable care" at all.. it provides unrealistic deductibles and 100-400% higher premiums.

But I don't think either of these policies is what will be remembered foremost about Obama's presidency. I think future generations will have many perplexing debates over race relations in America and how the first black president actually instigated more divisiveness through his words. They will be miffed by such a wasted opportunity and disappointing outcome.

if you are tracking the claims of left-wingers you see they are still making the same excuses for their failures they made almost forty years ago..............................

ranting about Reagan when the historical record shows massive Democrat Party support for his policies in congress, so much the term Reagan Democrat was coined for them.

trying to brag about clinton, even though oddly we still had that "trickle-down" thing going on, when clinton's worst years were his first two when he had a Democrat Congress, and his best years were when Republicans ran both chambers of Congress; the ones who created the budgets that balanced, and that alleged "surplus"

libs are losers who lie to themselves

THE LEFT CRIES that Republicans "obstructed obama from Day One", even though from Day One and through all the first two obama years Republicans were a minority of both chambers of Congress. The Left cries this doesnt matter since their majority wasnt "BIG ENOUGH".

Odd though considering Bush never had that veto or filibuster-proof majority either, not even for one day..............and teh same left-wing nutjobs saying a minority of republicans in BOTH chambers of Congress was able to "obstruct" obama cant explain why they were powerless when they were a minority under bush,.....................

so the same left-wing idiots crying about Republicans make idiotic excuses how their MAJORITY OF BOTH CHAMBERS for all of Bush's last two years was helpless to do anything about the tanking economy every lib here insists was because of Bush's policies ( THE ONES DEMOCRATS VOTED FOR WITH LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF DEM PARTY VOTES FOR ALL 8 YEARS), and cant tell you why they were helpless to stop Republican "obstructionism" when Democrats were the majority of BOTH CHAMBERS for all of OBAMA'S FIRST TWO YEARS, and out of the other corner or their mouths they are bragging what they DID get done................... i.e obamacare, stimulus....etc

nothing the idiotic Left says holds up to scrutiny

"Alas, half the citizenry are an imbecile."

Only half?

Welcome to Democracy dude. You demand everyone can vote.... and now everyone can vote, no matter how dumb, ignorant, biased, uninformed, or apathetic you may be. Bread and Circuses for all.

I did not demand that "everyone can vote". Personally, I think only taxpayers with a minimal knowledge of the founding philosophy should vote.

I mean, why allow hordes of municipal crackheads to vote an increase in their EBT cards? Seems pretty stupid to me.

Forum List

Back