Zone1 Is America Racist? Larry Elder

The important thing to note is that in the early days of the Civil Rights movement, proponents of Black "equality" were able to point to countless examples of Blacks being denied basic human rights, as well as jobs, promotions, admissions to schools, admission to public places and so forth.

But over time, those examples faded away, as government initiatives (laws, regulations, and contracting requirements) removed those injustices from public life, relegating them to small businesses, local clubs, and a few other spaces. The result was that Blacks could no long complain that their lives had been ruined because of racism. If they were victimized at one place, there were dozens of other places where they would be treated fairly, or better.

And the race hustlers - Black and "white" - shifted to using statistical data to prove racism where they couldn't find actual examples. At first, those examples seemed compelling, but on closer examination, maybe not. I am attaching a link to an editorial in my local birdcage liner that bemoans the fact that Blacks are disproportionately arrested, charged, tried, and convicted of crimes, relative their portion of the population. But this is silly. Everyone knows why they are arrested (etc) more often than everyone else: they are involved in more crimes. The FBI statistic show this, year after year.

There are racists and bigots in every society on earth; that will never be eradicated. The question is whether individual people can pursue their goals and achieve them, given the talent and initiative to do so. And is manifestly the case in the U.S.

If you find a real example of harmful discrimination, let's get on it together and correct that situation. But don't tell me you can't be successful due to endemic racism. That would be a lie.

Or someone found his inventory was off and panicked. Again, bad look. If there's pilferage of those products, put them all in security containers.

Not sure why you are babbling, but okay.
Security containers are expensive to purchase and operate (it takes time to put products into them and take products out). It doesn't make financial sense to put anything except products that have a lot of pilferage in them. Only someone who values form over function would even consider doing what you want.

Security containers are expensive to purchase and operate (it takes time to put products into them and take products out). It doesn't make financial sense to put anything except products that have a lot of pilferage in them. Only someone who values form over function would even consider doing what you want.
I think the message that display sends to customer is a lot more costly than a $7.49 box of hair dye.

I think the message that display sends to customer is a lot more costly than a $7.49 box of hair dye.
Maybe, just maybe, the businesses don’t care about how people who steal their merchandise perceive the message. After all, if thieves stop “shopping” in a store, the profits of that store increase. Of course, if the members of a particular racial, religious or social group don’t want to shop in a store that offends them, they are free to form a co-op and open a store with policies that don’t offend them. It’s called freedom.

Maybe, just maybe, the businesses don’t care about how people who steal their merchandise perceive the message. After all, if thieves stop “shopping” in a store, the profits of that store increase. Of course, if the members of a particular racial, religious or social group don’t want to shop in a store that offends them, they are free to form a co-op and open a store with policies that don’t offend them. It’s called freedom.

Except the theives will just find other ways to steal.

But regular black folks will look at that, realize they are being insulted, and stop shopping there.

It is only going to offend the folks who see everything as being racist. Everyone else gets it.

Um, I'm not seeing how anyone doesn't see that as racist. They should have either put anti-tamper devices on all the product or put the product behind the counter.

Um, I'm not seeing how anyone doesn't see that as racist. They should have either put anti-tamper devices on all the product or put the product behind the counter.
Exactly like I said, only people who see everything as racist will be offended,

Actually, how is it NOT offensive?
Anyone who knows ANYTHING about business will see it's a reasonable business decision. But you'd not know that since you have no grasp of what goes into running a business or making a profit. That is apparent in all of your posts.

Actually, how is it NOT offensive?
Because it’s not racially motivated. It’s just cause and reaction.

The black products get stolen at a rate that requires them to have extra security measures. In other stores everything is getting stolen at those rates so we see everything locked up.

JoeB131 If this security guard had been white, you would say this incident was racist. He’s not stopping her because she’s black, he’s stopping her because she is a thief. He is not having an altercation with her because she is black but because she is an entitle jerk who got aggressive with him. It’s not about race. However, when a white person is involved, your bigotry kicks in and makes it about race.

JoeB131 If this security guard had been white, you would say this incident was racist. He’s not stopping her because she’s black, he’s stopping her because she is a thief. He is not having an altercation with her because she is black but because she is an entitle jerk who got aggressive with him. It’s not about race. However, when a white person is involved, your bigotry kicks in and makes it about race.

judging by the accents, I don't think this happened in the US.

Frankly, I'm always a little suspicious of rent-a-cop wannabes abusing the public, no matter what their color is.

Because it’s not racially motivated. It’s just cause and reaction.

The black products get stolen at a rate that requires them to have extra security measures. In other stores everything is getting stolen at those rates so we see everything locked up.

Right, so you leave the white hair dye out in the open and only lock up the black hair dye.

Don't reinforce racism!
San Francisco police have decided to no longer release photos of wanted criminals.
“You see black and brown men all the time. And the brain begins to associate this group with a certain type of activity,” began. police William Scott.

And thats the thing, people who see racism everywhere are going to find it no matter what. There is no sense in trying to tip-toe around their psychosis. Mug shots of criminals arrested in a Uber-liberal city run by Democrats, racism! Security tabs on items with high rates of theft, racism! Don’t have hair products in POC-shades (because they all got stolen), racism!

It’s a self-perpetuation delusion. The effects of this delusion will will just be seen as more confirmation of racism! Taking a softer stance on enforcing the law because more POC are arrested for crime just ends up causing more crime. More crime eventually forces businesses to leave those areas which in turn will create a deficit of services and “food deserts” in those areas, racism!

B28A3AD2-B8A6-4B21-B509-AB60CC25D8F6.jpeg

I agree with this guy. Why are we still fighting the same system that has shown us it doesn’t care? However, the stuff he says about being black and moving to Africa is just ignorant. And please, let’s all cut back on risking our live by living in this society.

yeah, “pick a country in Africa” and prepare for a rude awakening.

It’s a self-perpetuation delusion. The effects of this delusion will will just be seen as more confirmation of racism! Taking a softer stance on enforcing the law because more POC are arrested for crime just ends up causing more crime. More crime eventually forces businesses to leave those areas which in turn will create a deficit of services and “food deserts” in those areas, racism!

The problem is the criminal justice system itself is racist.

Felicity Huffman gets 11 days at a Club Fed for bribing college officials, Tonya McDowell gets five years for using her babysitters address to enroll her child.
Black kids get prison for drug use, white people like Rush Limbaugh, Cindy McCain and Robert Downey, Jr. get rehab and probation.
I get a polite warning from the Schaumburg PD for having a headlight out, the black guy is thrown over the hood of his car while they search his car for drugs.

I agree with this guy. Why are we still fighting the same system that has shown us it doesn’t care? However, the stuff he says about being black and moving to Africa is just ignorant. And please, let’s all cut back on risking our live by living in this society.

I agree, the stuff he says is ignorant. I'm the first one to challenge a guy like IM2 when he says stupid shit.

But pretending racism isn't a thing is dishonest and you know it.

Forum List

Back