Is 'All White' Alright?

Last I heard the Tea Party has a caucus in congress. Remember Michelle Bachman? and the last I heard they haven't refused admission to black people now the Congressional Black caucus is another story entirely,, so.. I guess we can conclude that the racists are NOT the Tea Party.. poor dumb assed democrats.

1. "The Tea Party movement has an image problem that it is urgently trying to change: It's viewed as a whites-only group.

"We do need to reach out," says Matt Kibbie, president of FreedomWorks, one of the leading Tea Party organizing groups. To bring in more African-Americans and Hispanics, he said that FreedomWorks has started a new Web site, called "Diverse Tea," where minorities can share their stories of backing Tea Party candidates.

"The goal is to build a platform for a diverse group of Tea Party leaders from across the country, African-Americans, Jews, Hispanics, others that have come to this movement, because there is this nagging perception that we are not diverse. I disagree with that," he said."
Tea Party Fights All-White Image - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

And....in a related story:

2. "A photo of Obama’s “army” originally posted on the campaign’s Tumblr site and run in conjunction with a BuzzFeed story on the Obama campaign reveals a stunning lack of diversity among the president’s Chicago staff.

The Obama campaign’s Chicago headquarters has it all—from Jack Daniels and Ping Pong to bouncy balls and ironic desk mementos.

Yet the “army of twenty-somethings” campaign manager Jim Messina has assembled in the president’s hometown is almost uniformly white, according to photos contained in a detailed BuzzFeed report Monday.

Further examination of the Obama’s campaign’s Tumblr site over the past month reveals very few black individuals—apart from the president and his wife, Michelle—in the pictures posted in the feed."
Minority Report | Washington Free Beacon

Yet...where are all the stories about 'racists'?

Yet one more example of the double standard, and another lesson for the Right:
Never expect equal treatment.

Most of us don't expect it...and will point out the double standards where appropriate.
icon14.gif

Forum List

Back