Is 'All White' Alright?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "The Tea Party movement has an image problem that it is urgently trying to change: It's viewed as a whites-only group.

"We do need to reach out," says Matt Kibbie, president of FreedomWorks, one of the leading Tea Party organizing groups. To bring in more African-Americans and Hispanics, he said that FreedomWorks has started a new Web site, called "Diverse Tea," where minorities can share their stories of backing Tea Party candidates.

"The goal is to build a platform for a diverse group of Tea Party leaders from across the country, African-Americans, Jews, Hispanics, others that have come to this movement, because there is this nagging perception that we are not diverse. I disagree with that," he said."
Tea Party Fights All-White Image - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

And....in a related story:

2. "A photo of Obama’s “army” originally posted on the campaign’s Tumblr site and run in conjunction with a BuzzFeed story on the Obama campaign reveals a stunning lack of diversity among the president’s Chicago staff.

The Obama campaign’s Chicago headquarters has it all—from Jack Daniels and Ping Pong to bouncy balls and ironic desk mementos.

Yet the “army of twenty-somethings” campaign manager Jim Messina has assembled in the president’s hometown is almost uniformly white, according to photos contained in a detailed BuzzFeed report Monday.

Further examination of the Obama’s campaign’s Tumblr site over the past month reveals very few black individuals—apart from the president and his wife, Michelle—in the pictures posted in the feed."
Minority Report | Washington Free Beacon

Yet...where are all the stories about 'racists'?

Yet one more example of the double standard, and another lesson for the Right:
Never expect equal treatment.

great thread pc. i think there have been dishonest practices of race for political preference lately.

Yep, there is still a tea party and it is STILL very influential. Well, it is in some parts of the country. You know, the parts where people get out and work and pay TAXES and are sick and tired of these politicans selling this countries soul for the next entitlement so that they can buy votes and get re-elected over and over again.

I realize that an organization dedicated to sane economic policies do not fit well into the "cradle to grave" mentality of those on the extreme left. But hey, for those of us who you demand pay for it, we have decided that we don't want to play your game anymore...

hmm i was always told the teaparty had a rich diverse set of people in it and wasnt basically all white...

Give people enough time and they hang themselves.

amusing

it has been open to all races, religions and sexes.

Yet tea party oprganizers realized that not enough "non whites" are participating.

So they want to get the word out there.

And you find that as a means to insult them?

And, of course, a complete diversion on your part from the point of the thread.

But we expect that from you.

Yep, there is still a tea party and it is STILL very influential. Well, it is in some parts of the country. You know, the parts where people get out and work and pay TAXES and are sick and tired of these politicans selling this countries soul for the next entitlement so that they can buy votes and get re-elected over and over again.

I realize that an organization dedicated to sane economic policies do not fit well into the "cradle to grave" mentality of those on the extreme left. But hey, for those of us who you demand pay for it, we have decided that we don't want to play your game anymore...

They say that but they are still going to endorse Romney and vote for him. The tea party was nothing but a mid-term republican stunt, at least as far as the republicans are concerned, and the tea party rank and file is going to let them get away with it without complaint. They already abandoned their anti corporate corruption plank, they will eventually abandon the rest that differentiates them in any way from regular everyday republicans.

There's still a tea party?

Well, they certainly aren't influential.

Really?

So many people on the left said the tea party held the nation hostage.

INCLUDING POLITICIANS on the left side.

I am glad to see you calling them out as liars.

But I bet you vote for those liars again.......

Speaks volumes about you.

They say that but they are still going to endorse Romney and vote for him. The tea party was nothing but a mid-term republican stunt, at least as far as the republicans are concerned, and the tea party rank and file is going to let them get away with it without complaint. They already abandoned their anti corporate corruption plank, they will eventually abandon the rest that differentiates them in any way from regular everyday republicans.
you know nothing of what you speak about.

Just an observation.

hmm i was always told the teaparty had a rich diverse set of people in it and wasnt basically all white...

Give people enough time and they hang themselves.

amusing

it has been open to all races, religions and sexes.

Yet tea party oprganizers realized that not enough "non whites" are participating.

So they want to get the word out there.

And you find that as a means to insult them?

And, of course, a complete diversion on your part from the point of the thread.

But we expect that from you.

im not insulting them, just comparing the talking points of the past,and i find it amusing.

there is nothing wrong with wanting to expand...

Give people enough time and they hang themselves

Yeah. Sure. Just comparing talking points. Not insulting them.

So transparent.

You even lie to yourself.

Just an observation.

The way that the tea party types became the most vocal opponents of the occupy movement makes me right. Gone are the complaints about undue corporate influence to be replaced by complaints about regulation and taxes on the rich, did you not pay attention to the change in agenda just about the time they sold out to the lobbyists like freedomworks? Now here they are trying become more diverse when they clearly only represent the narrowest of special interests.

im not insulting them, just comparing the talking points of the past,and i find it amusing.

there is nothing wrong with wanting to expand...

Give people enough time and they hang themselves

Yeah. Sure. Just comparing talking points. Not insulting them.

So transparent.

You even lie to yourself.

thats not an insult.....You are a fucking piece of trash is an insult.

clear?

OK. Convince yourself of that.

Like I said...you even lie to yourself.

Just an observation.

The way that the tea party types became the most vocal opponents of the occupy movement makes me right. Gone are the complaints about undue corporate influence to be replaced by complaints about regulation and taxes on the rich, did you not pay attention to the change in agenda just about the time they sold out to the lobbyists like freedomworks? Now here they are trying become more diverse when they clearly only represent the narrowest of special interests.

Like I said...you knbow nothing of what you speak about.

Line one.....

"the tea party types became the most vocal opponents of the occupy movement"

Most tea partyers dont give a hoot about the ocuupiers....most dont even have a venue to speak out against the ocupiers.

You seem to confuse pundits and commentators with the tea party.

More likely, you seem to confuse what the left wing talkng heads say with "truth"

Complaining of equal treatment as a partisan from the opposite spectrum of partisanship, that you yourself participate in daily......oh, gee.

It's like complaining to McDonalds that they're unfair to Burger-King in their Commecials.

Just an observation.

Line one.....

Most tea partyers dont give a hoot about the ocuupiers....most dont even have a venue to speak out against the ocupiers.

More likely, you seem to confuse what the left wing talkng heads say with "truth"

Say that when they are counter-protesting OWS this summer.

Line one.....

Say that when they are counter-protesting OWS this summer.

what I put in bold?

Speaks volumes of your credibility.

1. "The Tea Party movement has an image problem that it is urgently trying to change: It's viewed as a whites-only group.

"We do need to reach out," says Matt Kibbie, president of FreedomWorks, one of the leading Tea Party organizing groups. To bring in more African-Americans and Hispanics, he said that FreedomWorks has started a new Web site, called "Diverse Tea," where minorities can share their stories of backing Tea Party candidates.

"The goal is to build a platform for a diverse group of Tea Party leaders from across the country, African-Americans, Jews, Hispanics, others that have come to this movement, because there is this nagging perception that we are not diverse. I disagree with that," he said."
Tea Party Fights All-White Image - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

And....in a related story:

2. "A photo of Obama’s “army” originally posted on the campaign’s Tumblr site and run in conjunction with a BuzzFeed story on the Obama campaign reveals a stunning lack of diversity among the president’s Chicago staff.

The Obama campaign’s Chicago headquarters has it all—from Jack Daniels and Ping Pong to bouncy balls and ironic desk mementos.

Yet the “army of twenty-somethings” campaign manager Jim Messina has assembled in the president’s hometown is almost uniformly white, according to photos contained in a detailed BuzzFeed report Monday.

Further examination of the Obama’s campaign’s Tumblr site over the past month reveals very few black individuals—apart from the president and his wife, Michelle—in the pictures posted in the feed."
Minority Report | Washington Free Beacon

Yet...where are all the stories about 'racists'?

Yet one more example of the double standard, and another lesson for the Right:
Never expect equal treatment.

Well, let me just say this about that. If the Tea Party has a problem so does the Congressional Black Caucus.. A white congressman tried to join that group and they turned him down flat. I sincerely doubt the Tea Party would do such a racist thing.

The lack of non-whites in the Tea Party doesn't reflect poorly on the Tea Party, it reflects poorly on non-whites.

Forum List

Back