Is a .22 good for home defense ??

Remember the guy who a cop shot seven times in the back with a 9mm and he still lived ?
Get a 12 guage and a 357.
It damn sure wasn't me doing the trigger pull. A Winchester Silvertip 9 between they eyes will drop anything....

If it's real silver, it would even stop a werewolf!
Maybe with my slingshot.
aaa3.gif

I really want a 20g shotgun but I live in a 900 sq feet apartment or so

22 is going to be fine. Anyone getting shot is done fighting you. And if you're looking to merely display your way out of a fight, noone is checking the gun to see what size bullet it fires.

Plus, you're responsible for any bullets you fire that go through your apartment walls and hurt someone. So you want something that lacks penetrating power.

And as Bill Burr once pointed out, 22 is loud but not so loud you'll be deaf if fired without ear protection.

If you live in apt and want a shotgun choose about #6 as the ammo. 00 buck will definitely blow through a wall,or door.Even a block wall.I use 00 because if they jump in a car to flee, they don't stand a fucking chance. Through the door and in the whore...or through a trunk lid, back seat, front seat and nighty night. Tires are a non issue as well. GONE. Pepper doses wont take out car tires.
Even # 7 1/2 "birdshot" will stop any person and is handy for rats and snakes too.Lots of BBs and not too concentrated. Harder to miss but safer for neighbors and stuff.
Don't try taking a scumbag through his car door...trust me on that.

I really want a 20g shotgun but I live in a 900 sq feet apartment or so

More people have probably been killed by .22 LR, than any other caliber. Not that I'd want to bet my life on having only something .a .22, but bullet weight and velocity are no substitute for shot placement.

Better something in at least a .380 or a 9mm. Most self-defense ammunition is high velocity with a light-weight bullet, and is a jacketed hollow-point. Therefore there's not much penetration once it hits something and expands. That's why law-enforcement doesn't use full metal jacket ammo.

Forum List

Back