IRS requests thousands of new agents to enforce Obamacare

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
More commonly known as Obamacare, the ACA contains 18 separate tax provisions and 47 monitoring functions. It will fall on the IRS to collect taxes and to enforce one of the key provisions of the law — ensuring that every individual in the country has health insurance, and levying a tax on those that do not. It will also be responsible for collecting taxes from employers that do not offer insurance, manufacturers of medical devices and drug companies.

In addition to its taxation and enforcement efforts, the IRS will be involved intimately in building and administering the state insurance exchanges, will have a role in monitoring health insurance markets and will have complete access to all medical records.

IRS requests thousands of new agents to enforce Obamacare « Watchdog.org

Fuck off Greenie. ;)

• Banned
Greenie you go ahead and rage against the machine.

Me?

I'm going to bed...and tomorrow I will get up and go to work, I will spend the day helping people make sense of this bullshit...and you'll still be posting stupid shit here that Bammy says is "true".

Assbite.

Why do they need new agents to enforce Obamacare if the lack any official power to enforce Obamacare?
While the IRS can impose liens or levies, seize property or seek jail time against people who don't pay taxes, it's barred from taking such actions against taxpayers who ignore the insurance mandate. In the arsenal instead: the ability to withhold refunds from taxpayers who decline to pay the penalty, IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman said this month.

Still, compliance with the health reform law will be largely voluntary, says Timothy Jost, a law professor at Washington and Lee University. "By taking criminal sanctions and liens and levies off the table, the IRS' hands are tied, to a considerable extent."
IRS lacks clout to enforce mandatory health insurance - USATODAY.com

Forum List

Back