Irish Voters Reject Anti-Abortion Law

Why?

Don't you like when people are able to have a voice?

Do you hate voting?

Why should you be disappointed that the people of Ireland have stopped forcing women to die because their pregnancy went wrong?

Why do you want women to die just because their pregnancy went wrong?

It's disappointing because it allows indiscriminate killing of the unborn. Women shouldn't have to get themselves in a place where they have to get an abortion. Don't want a baby, do something to avoid it, don't kill the unborn.

I don't support abortion. Nor do I condemn it. I have read the scripture many times and I know that for six thousand years since Adam, the Lord has been silent on the matter. The true hypocrisy of the Church is in raising it's voice on a matter that the Lord has given no guidance on. Those who quote scripture to support an anti abortion view are exercising confirmation bias.

This is the Francis Catholic Church dropping the ball as they lean toward secularism, a social gospel, and liberal theology.

By 2050 all this will be reversed and the church dominant world wide and the Papacy back in the hands of those with genuine faith in its mission; saving souls.
'God' willing, by 2050 all religions will have been transcended by the human mind and spirit and be studied only as fascinating relics of the unenlightened past. A non-religious, non-materialist spiritual life union of all our race will bring harmony and security to us all.

Why make up lies about me?

You don't know me.

Stop saying how I feel you don't know how I feel.
You've told me you are happy. The thought of killing off the next generation brings you great joy.

I'm happy that women will stop dying in Ireland because their pregnancy went wrong.
You repeat this slogan as if it were true. In fact it is absolutely false.

Is abortion ever necessary to "save the life of the mother"?

The Story: Q & A with the Doctor

Please stop lying to justify the mass killing of small helpless humans.

I'm happy that women in Ireland now have control of their bodies and the government can't kill them or ruin their lives.
Pro-abortion nuts say the craziest things. If you can't kill your baby your life is ruined??

You seem even more threatened by the fact that women are gaining more control of their lives and preventing men from controlling them and their lives.
Many women are bullied and lied into getting an abortion.

How Many Women Are Pressured Into Abortions?

Now the next generation in Ireland can be killed en masse. Is this good news?

The abortion industry has already slaughtered women and the handicapped and minorities. Is this cause for celebration?

Abortion and the Missing 160 Million

Wouldn't it be better to offer protection to small vulnerable humans?

I guess you don't know that thousands of Irish women have gone to other nations for abortions. Primarily England.

And I guess you don't know about that floating women's clinic ship that goes out to international waters to perform abortions for Irish women. They dock in Ireland but go out to international waters to perform abortions.

And I guess you don't know about the medication RU 486 that is what you call the abortion pill. It's available on line to anyone and is bought by a lot of Irish women.

I also guess you don't know about the millions of abortions Irish women had through the years in Ireland that were labeled D&C in the medical records.

Irish women have been having abortions all along but you didn't consider it a problem until Irish women stood up to the catholic church and told them to get their noses out of women's medical needs. Now women in Ireland don't have to go to other nations or off shore or buy pills on line.
You seem very excited now that the abortion industry in Ireland can more readily kill off the next generation. That is really sick. Try to be less bloodthirsty and less of a dupe.

I applaud Ireland for coming into the 21st century.
Sometimes societies regress. Some of the decadent wealthy countries want to go back to the time when infanticide was common.
How disappointing to no longer be able to control other women's bodies.

I voted in the referendum...

It was alway going to pass, Ireland haven't taken it on too much before as it used to divide people and politicians generally stayed away from that. UK is a simple cheap flight away and exporting the problem was simple.

There is a general surprise how easily it passed 66% to 33%... Ireland gave a resounding Yes much like they did for marriage equality (gay marriage)...

I will say one thing, the second biggest part in Ireland took no position on the vote (I love this idea), they said the constitution amendments are by public vote and this is a moral choice. A politician has no position telling you your moral choice but can facilitate that you get the proper information. While Politicians make a lot of choices for the people this is one the people have to make for themselves.

The abortion industry has already slaughtered women and the handicapped and minorities. Is this cause for celebration?

I guess you don't know that thousands of Irish women have gone to other nations for abortions. Primarily England.

And I guess you don't know about that floating women's clinic ship that goes out to international waters to perform abortions for Irish women. They dock in Ireland but go out to international waters to perform abortions.

And I guess you don't know about the medication RU 486 that is what you call the abortion pill. It's available on line to anyone and is bought by a lot of Irish women.

I also guess you don't know about the millions of abortions Irish women had through the years in Ireland that were labeled D&C in the medical records.

Irish women have been having abortions all along but you didn't consider it a problem until Irish women stood up to the catholic church and told them to get their noses out of women's medical needs. Now women in Ireland don't have to go to other nations or off shore or buy pills on line.
You seem very excited now that the abortion industry in Ireland can more readily kill off the next generation. That is really sick. Try to be less bloodthirsty and less of a dupe.

Sometimes societies regress. Some of the wealthy countries want to go back to the time when infanticide was common.
Anti-abortion laws in Ireland stopped no abortions. All they did was add the cost of transportation to an abortion preformed in the UK or Europe.
Nonsense. When restrictions are placed on the abortion industry you get fewer abortions. For example, when the abortion industry is not allowed to lie to women and endanger their health you get fewer abortions.

With the fall of abortion laws in Ireland about the only place they exist today are in Mexico and the banana republics in South America and Muslims dominated countries in Africa and Asia.
Those dark skinned primitives in Latin America and Africa, why can’t they be as wonderful and enlightened and progressive as rich white liberals who devalue the lives of unborn babies and cheer when they are slaughtered?
a time when women's lives had no value except to produce offsprings. There is no place for these laws in modern society.
The abortion industry places no value on women’s lives! Tens of millions of young women have been killed by the abortion industry for the crime of being a girl!
Restricting abortion today does not stop it. It just makes it bit harder, more costly, and less safe.
Actually the abortion industry endangers women's lives for profit.

In defense of women’s health and safety

People that support strict abortion laws need to visit Africa to see the suffering it causes, children that will die from starvation, mothers suffering and dying in childbirth, and deformed and sick children left beside the road to die.
None of these are caused by abortion. The solution to poverty is not killing the poor via abortion.

Sometimes societies regress. Some of the decadent wealthy countries want to go back to the time when infanticide was common.
How disappointing to no longer be able to control other women's bodies.
That's how the abortion industry sells abortion. Cigarettes are sold the same way. Don't be duped.

In reality, many women are bullied and lied into getting an abortion.

Medical Misinformation

Last edited:
As prosperity expands in Ireland and more and more people become independent from the mideaval Catholic Church they see how the so called pro-Life nonsense was a scam. Leading the charge to "save the unborn" were a group of pedafile protectors and anti-women zealots.

Here in the US the pro-life racket is only concerned with making money, spreading racism and fighting to take away Americans health care. Ya, they really, really care about the fetus, though. What a joke. But they make millions off the lemmings that see this gang as a way to elect other haters. Nice little hateful system. They love all life, so let's throw the immigrants out, take away people's ability to see a doctor and make sure the wealthy get wealthier on borrowed government money.
I am Roman Catholic and I support the vote based on what it stands with the language.

I completely support scaling back a central governments power of the people. Especially forcing a woman to go through gestation.
I believe this only applies to like 12 weeks though? IMO? Thats not enough.
The govt has no business telling you what to do with your body if you arent impeding on someone elses rights.

Why?

Don't you like when people are able to have a voice?

Do you hate voting?

Why should you be disappointed that the people of Ireland have stopped forcing women to die because their pregnancy went wrong?

Why do you want women to die just because their pregnancy went wrong?

It's disappointing because it allows indiscriminate killing of the unborn. Women shouldn't have to get themselves in a place where they have to get an abortion. Don't want a baby, do something to avoid it, don't kill the unborn.

You can't kill what's not alive and born.

Why do you want to kill women whose pregnancy has gone wrong?

What life is in an ectopic pregnancy?

If you want to believe the lie that something that's not born is alive and a person that's fine for you but stop forcing everyone else to believe the same thing and live the way you live.

You show you don't believe in freedom but want to believe lies.

What life is in cells that don't contain a brain, lungs, heart or central nervous system?

Most abortions happen before any organs are developed or anything that is close to being life.

So if you don't have a uterus and want to believe lies that's fine for you. Go for it. But for heaven's sake have the same respect for those of us who don't believe those lies.

You have the right to live and believe as you want. You have absolutely no right to force that on anyone else. Much less people in a nation thousands of miles from America.

I think it's very interesting that when it's put to the people to vote, people usually vote for choice and freedom.

My state is a very good example of that.

In 1968 the people of my state were able to vote on a ballot initiative that legalized abortion in my state. It passed with a good margin.

In 1981 we again had the chance to vote on the issue. This time the question was should my state use our medicaid dollars to pay for abortions for low income women. It passed with a very good margin. I voted with the majority.

In 1992 again we had the chance to vote on the issue. This time the initiative gave us the opportunity to enshrine abortion in my state. The initiative said that no matter what any judge says. No matter what anyone in DC does or any law they pass, abortion stays legal and safe in my state. It passed with a good margin. I voted in the majority.

A very restrictive abortion bill that gave rights to zygotes, embryos and fetus was on the ballot twice in Mississippi and once in Colorado. All three times it was on the ballot, it was REJECTED. Twice in Mississippi. A very conservative and so called "pro life" state.

Now the people of Ireland have spoken and very loudly.

When it's left up to the people who have to actually live with the legislation, people vote for choice and freedom. The people reject the so called pro life people who in most people's opinion, are many things but nothing even close to being pro life.

I think it's very interesting that when it's put to the people to vote, people usually vote for choice and freedom.

In 1968 the people of my state were able to vote on a ballot initiative that legalized abortion in my state. It passed with a good margin.

In 1981 we again had the chance to vote on the issue. This time the question was should my state use our medicaid dollars to pay for abortions for low income women. It passed with a very good margin. I voted with the majority.

In 1992 again we had the chance to vote on the issue. This time the initiative gave us the opportunity to enshrine abortion in my state. The initiative said that no matter what any judge says. No matter what anyone in DC does or any law they pass, abortion stays legal and safe in my state. It passed with a good margin. I voted in the majority.

A very restrictive abortion bill that gave rights to zygotes, embryos and fetus was on the ballot twice in Mississippi and once in Colorado. All three times it was on the ballot, it was REJECTED. Twice in Mississippi. A very conservative and so called "pro life" state.

When it's left up to the people who have to actually live with the legislation, people vote for choice and freedom. The people reject the so called pro life people who in most people's opinion, are many things but nothing even close to being pro life.
You speak of choice and freedom and then bring up healthcare i am FORCED to pay for, 50 years before i can even receive it? Lol

You speak of choice and freedom and then bring up healthcare i am FORCED to pay for, 50 years before i can even receive it? Lol

The reason Medicare was established was because people retire at that age. They lose their employer provided insurance. Insurance companies refused to cover older people or the coverage was so expensive most at that age couldn't afford it. Seniors were dying due to not having any access to health care. So the government stepped in to make sure those who are 65 and over will be able to have good and affordable health care. Which was a big bonus to the insurance companies and healthy young people. The most expensive age group was removed from the insurance pool.

If you don't want to have Medicare then don't apply for it when you become 65. You'll find out just how expensive private insurance is without an employer providing it. That is IF you can find a company to cover you.

When you turn 65 you will be very thankful that you have Medicare. You will understand the freedom that comes with it. You're no longer forced to have to deal with insurance companies.

I don't understand why you have to be forced. Do you have any plan or investments that are for when you retire? Medicare is the same thing. You're saving up now for your health care needs later in life. Just as you're doing with a 401k and social security. Why do you need to be forced to save for the time when you retire so you don't die early or not be able to support yourself? Seems to me that a person shouldn't be forced to do the right thing.

I think it's sad that you or anyone has to be forced to do the right thing.

The reason Medicare was established was because people retire at that age. They lose their employer provided insurance. Insurance companies refused to cover older people or the coverage was so expensive most at that age couldn't afford it. Seniors were dying due to not having any access to health care. So the government stepped in to make sure those who are 65 and over will be able to have good and affordable health care. Which was a big bonus to the insurance companies and healthy young people. The most expensive age group was removed from the insurance pool.

If you don't want to have Medicare then don't apply for it when you become 65. You'll find out just how expensive private insurance is without an employer providing it. That is IF you can find a company to cover you.

When you turn 65 you will be very thankful that you have Medicare. You will understand the freedom that comes with it. You're no longer forced to have to deal with insurance companies.

I don't understand why you have to be forced. Do you have any plan or investments that are for when you retire? Medicare is the same thing. You're saving up now for your health care needs later in life. Just as you're doing with a 401k and social security. Why do you need to be forced to save for the time when you retire so you don't die early or not be able to support yourself? Seems to me that a person shouldn't be forced to do the right thing.

LOL did you even read what i wrote? Holy shit
And you sit there and talk about freedom and choice and then say its sad i must be forced to the right thing? Right thing to who? That is completely subjective. Im starting to wonder if you actually care about those 2 wonderful things.

I don't support abortion. Nor do I condemn it. I have read the scripture many times and I know that for six thousand years since Adam, the Lord has been silent on the matter. The true hypocrisy of the Church is in raising it's voice on a matter that the Lord has given no guidance on. Those who quote scripture to support an anti abortion view are exercising confirmation bias.
New members of the family are the life blood of the church so it is understanding that the church should condemn abortion as well a birth control. Apparently the church has backed off on killing the mother to save the child. I guess they figured that if the women isn't around any more there might not be any more kids.

Social Services such Medicaid, Medicare, food stamps, welfare etc. is as much about the benefit to community as the individual.

Social Welfare in England never got a real foothold, until the French rose up against their masters. No one really paid much attention to open sewers and unsanitary conditions that existed in London till they threaten the upper classes. We have had the homeless with us for many decades but only when they started camping out in residential neighborhoods and pitching their bedrolls on sidewalk in front of businesses did the city fathers become alarmed. Without Social Security, millions of older adults would end up in garages and living rooms of their kids. Without health services for the poor, disease would run rampart through our cities. Social Welfare services protect society just as much as protects the individual.

LOL did you even read what i wrote? Holy shit
And you sit there and talk about freedom and choice and then say its sad i must be forced to the right thing? Right thing to who? That is completely subjective. Im starting to wonder if you actually care about those 2 wonderful things.

So you think it's not the right thing to save for retirement. Ok that's your choice. All you'll have is what you were forced to do by the government, social security and medicare. Which social security isn't meant to be a full retirement plan. It's meant to be a supplement to what you have already saved for retirement.

That's fine. You plan to live off the government and your children when you get old and sick.

Or you can not take Medicare and die an unnecessary early death. Or more likely you'll go on Medicare. If you end up in a nursing home you'll go on Medicaid.

I'll be there to pay your way with my tax dollars. I won't whine and complain about it. I'll just pay your way and hope that it's enough to get you through.

If you were referring to Medicaid, medicaid is for anyone who doesn't have insurance or can't afford it. There is no age limit so if you financially qualify for it now, go sign up. I'm very happy with my tax dollars going to help you stay healthy and happy with a long life. Just as I'm very happy that my state tax dollars pays for abortions for low income women.

Forum List

Back