Irish pub forced to shutter as California crime wave scares patrons away

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
Luckily I still live in a state where we can put people down that think more of our property than their lives.-OG

An Irish pub in Oakland, California, is the latest retail victim of the state’s crime wave after making the "heartbreaking" announcement the bar will permanently close its doors at the end of the month.

"Summer was very slow and between decreasing business and rising costs of supplies and labor, along with the rising crime in the area, we just can’t make the numbers work anymore," Slainte bar owner Jackie Gallanagh announced Monday on social media.

"This means we, like so many others, have made the heartbreaking decision to close."

Gallanagh, an Ireland native, opened the pub in 2017 and served "home cooked cuisine" accompanied by a massive selection of whiskeys, KRON 4 reported. It won several awards while it was open, including East Bay’s Best Irish Pub, and Oakland’s Best Cocktails, according to its website.

Luckily I still live in a state where we can put people down that think more of our property than their lives.-OG

An Irish pub in Oakland, California, is the latest retail victim of the state’s crime wave after making the "heartbreaking" announcement the bar will permanently close its doors at the end of the month.

"Summer was very slow and between decreasing business and rising costs of supplies and labor, along with the rising crime in the area, we just can’t make the numbers work anymore," Slainte bar owner Jackie Gallanagh announced Monday on social media.

"This means we, like so many others, have made the heartbreaking decision to close."

Gallanagh, an Ireland native, opened the pub in 2017 and served "home cooked cuisine" accompanied by a massive selection of whiskeys, KRON 4 reported. It won several awards while it was open, including East Bay’s Best Irish Pub, and Oakland’s Best Cocktails, according to its website.

The result of Democrat policies. They're a cancer that spreads then kills everything it touches.

Population dense areas have higher crime then non population dense areas...color me shocked!

It's almost like it has been that way since the beginning of civilization.

That said, red states tend to have the lowest education, highest murder rates and highest obesity rates so their is that.

Population dense areas have higher crime then non population dense areas...color me shocked!

It's almost like it has been that way since the beginning of civilization.

That said, red states tend to have the lowest education, highest murder rates and highest obesity rates so their is that.
bullshit, what a dumbass statement, Detroit looks like an atomic bomb went off there and South Chicago is branching out. You post some the dumbest shit, a lot.

bullshit, what a dumbass statement, Detroit looks like an atomic bomb went off there and South Chicago is branching out. You post some the dumbest shit, a lot.
It's not bullshit. You are just in a bubble.

Why are you talking about cities? I said states.

As I have already posted. Population dense areas have always had more crime...even before their were modern political parties to blame.

You do know why population dense areas have always had more crime right? It's not that hard to understand.

Here are links to back my earlier post.

What a well thought out and intelligent rebuttal. You're really smart.
And the word is there.
Dumb ass.

I went there a couple of times, it was a cool place.

I'm glad they made the decision to protect the safety of their employees, though. California is no longer a place for businesses that don't deal in essentials.

All across the country from California to Florida, our so called leaders are making even dumber decisions than usual.
Caught up in this insanity called POLITICAL party over best interests of our COUNTRY.

There were numerous reasons cited; you actually quote them.

Blue Metro Cities drive the crime rates for a state dumbfuck,

Based on your logic blue states don't have blue cities.

Ironically, the poorly rated red states states tend to have some of the smaller blue cities as compared to say WA that has Seattle or Oregon that has Portland...yet their murder rates, obesity levels and education are not near as bad as many red states.

I would like to meet you so I could beat some sense into you.

Did you just threaten me? I am not into reporting posters (never have reported anyone) and appreciate spirited debate but just warning you I will report it next time.

Grow up.

It's crazy we even need these types of rules for grown adults in a political forum, but here we are.

"No attacks on family members. No direct or implied threats of violence/harm towards another member or members' family with the intent of interfering in or disrupting a member's life."

Normally I am against abortion, but it would have been a huge benefit to everyone you know in your case. God what a dumbfuck. LMAO
Ad hominem. The arguement of the truly vapid.

You make a good Trump supporter.

Based on your logic blue states don't have blue cities.

Ironically, the poorly rated red states states tend to have some of the smaller blue cities as compared to say WA that has Seattle or Oregon that has Portland...yet their murder rates, obesity levels and education are not near as bad as many red states.

Did you just threaten me? I am not into reporting posters (never have reported anyone) and appreciate spirited debate but just warning you I will report it next time.

Grow up.

It's crazy we even need these types of rules for grown adults in a political forum, but here we are.

"No attacks on family members. No direct or implied threats of violence/harm towards another member or members' family with the intent of interfering in or disrupting a member's life."

Ad hominem. The arguement of the truly vapid.

You make a good Trump supporter.
Stop replying dumbfuck, you are already labeled fucking idiot

Rising cost of supplies - Biden's inflation

Rising cost of labor - Democrat high minimum wage and mandated benefits.

Rising crime - Democrats not enforcing crime

The problem is always Democrats..

I wonder if Gallanagh, his customers and his staff voted for the Democrats.

1. Most posters ignore spelling errors because the goal of this kind of forum is to let people blow off steam.

2. BUT since there has been some good-natured banter about the difference between "there" and "their," may I PLEASE beg all posters to respect the difference between these two words:

"It's Wednesday today." (It +is)

"Speaking of Israel, do you approve or disapprove of its actions in Gaza." ("Its" is possessive, such as "his car" or "her hat."

Rising cost of supplies - Biden's inflation

Rising cost of labor - Democrat high minimum wage and mandated benefits.

Rising crime - Democrats not enforcing crime

The problem is always Democrats..

I wonder if Gallanagh, his customers and his staff voted for the Democrats.
most likely. Just like Union people that vote against their best interest

Forum List

Back