Iraqi Birth Defects Worse than Hiroshima (graphic)

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
I was looking for the old black and white photos of stillborn and deformed babies
from the radiation exposure after bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Instead I found these photos:
Iraqi Birth Defects Worse than Hiroshima Dispatches from the Underclass

It just reminds me that from the viewpoint of innocent citizens suffering from
the wars and attacks of other people, this is as horrifying as the terrorist attacks we denounce.

Who knows how much of which deformities are caused by exposure to which chemical weapons.
Either way, it is clear the innocent civilians suffer the brunt of the warfare between the responsible factions.
Regardless which side it came from, these children suffer the consequences.

Wishing World Peace Day to all people of all nations rising up to the challenge of making the world a better place in the present and future, given the hard lessons we learn from the past. May the sacrifices of our Soldiers and Civilians who have died in these wars and their aftermath be remembered in ways that bring out the best in humanity as we strive to overcome the worst. My prayers to all, may all tribes and nations embrace one another as one society, one humanity, lifting each other up instead of bringing each other down. May good will prevail for all.

I was looking for the old black and white photos of stillborn and deformed babies

the wars and attacks of other people, this is as horrifying as the terrorist attacks we denounce.

Who knows how much of which deformities are caused by exposure to which chemical weapons.
Either way, it is clear the innocent civilians suffer the brunt of the warfare between the responsible factions.

Wishing World Peace Day to all people of all nations rising up to the challenge of making the world a better place in the present and future, given the hard lessons we learn from the past. May the sacrifices of our Soldiers and Civilians who have died in these wars and their aftermath be remembered in ways that bring out the best in humanity as we strive to overcome the worst. My prayers to all, may all tribes and nations embrace one another as one society, one humanity, lifting each other up instead of bringing each other down. May good will prevail for all.
Emily, I don't see any thread on gvmnt. Did you start one?

What would the topic be? Do I just copy your post and mine and start from there?
What would you call the subject line? Thanks!

What would the topic be? Do I just copy your post and mine and start from there?
What would you call the subject line? Thanks!
Yes, do that.
Subject line?? Something about setting rules to take our government back…??? You can come up with something.

US museum must call Hiroshima and Nagasaki war crimes say Japanese - Telegraph

found this article also

A Japanese group is demanding that literature and displays in national parks in the United States being set up to commemorate the atomic bomb programme describe the attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki as war crimes.

Describing the proposal for a national park to mark the attacks as "a very strange decision", Hiromichi Moteki, secretary general of the Society for the Dissemination of Historical Fact, said "This was absolutely a war crime".

"Not only was a nuclear attack brutal, but it indiscriminately killed the civilian population", he told The Telegraph. "I would go as far as to say that the nuclear weapons were not targeted at military facilities, but were focused on civilians.

"That, to me, is a war crime and the US has no excuses at all."

The mayors of the two cities have also expressed their concerns in letters to President Barack Obama, who signed the National Defence Authorisation Act into law on December 19, authorising the designation of the surviving facilities used in the atomic programme in the 1940s as national parks.

Tomihisa Taue, mayor of Nagasaki, wrote after the law was passed that the creation of a national park "may lead to justification of the atomic bomb attack and the promotion of the development of nuclear weapons".

Letters have also been sent to Caroline Kennedy, the US ambassador to Japan, who in a reply to the mayor of Nagasaki, said "Our shared history is important to both of our nations and we care deeply that we treat it with respect and honesty".

Officials giving a presentation on the parks in Washington on Wednesday said they intend to strike a balance between highlighting the scientific breakthroughs that were achieved in the Manhattan Project and the consequences of the attacks.

In the US, the use of the nuclear bombs is widely seen as shortening the war and saving the lives of hundreds of thousands of servicemen who would otherwise have been required to invade mainland Japan.

In Japan, however, a common perception is that the Japanese government knew it was defeated and was close to surrender. The use of the bombs was therefore an experiment and a sign of US military might to the Soviet Union.

Forum List

Back