Iraq War Vet: Trump University Fired Me ‘Because I Was In The Military’

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Her boss allegedly called her military reserve duties a problem.

Iraq War veteran Corinne Sommer is not allowed to talk about the settlement she reached with Trump University after she was fired in 2007.

But in a deposition first made public on Tuesday, Sommer said she believed the real estate seminar provider terminated her because her military commitments as a reservist interfered — a little — with her work as an events planner for the company.

“I was fired because I was in the military,” she told attorneys as part of an unrelated fraud case against Trump University. “At the end of my [performance] evaluation, they wrote that it was a problem that I was in the military.” Sommer was an Army staff sergeant who had deployed to Iraq in 2003.

A spokeswoman for Trump’s campaign did not respond to questions about Sommer’s specific case or about the experiences of veterans who worked for Trump University.

More: Iraq War Vet: Trump University Fired Me 'Because I Was In The Military'

Well, this won't look good on Trump's resume. Many veterans are rising up against Trump.

Her boss allegedly called her military reserve duties a problem.

Iraq War veteran Corinne Sommer is not allowed to talk about the settlement she reached with Trump University after she was fired in 2007.

But in a deposition first made public on Tuesday, Sommer said she believed the real estate seminar provider terminated her because her military commitments as a reservist interfered — a little — with her work as an events planner for the company.

“I was fired because I was in the military,” she told attorneys as part of an unrelated fraud case against Trump University. “At the end of my [performance] evaluation, they wrote that it was a problem that I was in the military.” Sommer was an Army staff sergeant who had deployed to Iraq in 2003.

A spokeswoman for Trump’s campaign did not respond to questions about Sommer’s specific case or about the experiences of veterans who worked for Trump University.

More: Iraq War Vet: Trump University Fired Me 'Because I Was In The Military'

Well, this won't look good on Trump's resume. Many veterans are rising up against Trump.

Silence. Discrimination is no stranger to Hillary Clinton either.

Pay Gap Alert: Clinton Foundation Male Execs Earn 38% More Than Women

What, Fakehota? Don't have enough guts to take me on? Cowering in that safe space of yours? Or maybe you're curled up in the wrong bathroom perhaps?

Surely you're smart enough to take me out, Fakehota!

Come on, fight me!

5034960-bring-it-on-o.gif

Last edited:
What's the matter, Lakhota? Can't counter the point? Or is it unfathomable that Hillary has engaged in the same behavior?

Another deflection circle jerk. Enjoy yourself...

No, you deem anything that conflicts with your god image of Hillary Clinton to be a "deflection."
He’s right – your failed attempt to deflect was a classic red herring fallacy; the thread is about Trump, not Clinton.

If you can’t defend Trump then refrain from posting in the thread, don’t go off topic with a moronic deflection because you’re incapable of defending Trump, who is indeed indefensible.

Yes, he fired him because Trump hates Vets......:ahole-1:

The Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation, the receiptant of Trump's $1 Million dollars donation, had already received more than $230,000 in donations from the Donald J. Trump Foundation — a charity controlled by Trump but largely funded by others. Last year, the group gave Trump its “Commandant’s Leadership Award” at a gala in New York...... Looks like the FAGERALS have nothing on Trump but to make up shit, as there is currently at least 4 threads on this kind of shit.... The scum of the left are DESPARATE!!!! ...Good!

• Trump beats Clinton among veterans, new poll says
    Stars and Stripes ^ | May 26, 2016 | Travis J. Tritten
    Donald Trump is ahead of presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton by 9 percentage points among veteran voters, according to a new national poll released Thursday. The billionaire businessman drew 47 percent and Clinton garnered 38 percent of more than 1,600 respondents who had military experience or lived with someone who served, the May polling by the group Morning Consult found.

Forum List

Back