Iraq imposes state of emergency as protestors storm parliament, PM´s office

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Shiite protesters have stormed the parliament in Iraq and occupied the Prime Minister´s office.

Iraqi-civilians-in-the-parliament.jpg

VIDEO: Iraqi protestors storm Baghdad parliament, occupy Prime Minister's office

It seems a remarkably peaceful demonstration.

But then, there do not seem to be any American "advisors" there to help them.

Interesting. Biden was just there wasn't he? Unfortunately due to local politics I wasn't able to keep up with what transpired.

Wilhelm was not a big colonial ruler. He did not treat the Chinese so good but he was still far war from the Brits who drove almost the entire people into an opium addiction, ending the glory of China.
I was thinking about Wilhelm's dithering just before the First World War, but I agree with you about the hypocritical British.

I don't see a lot of difference between the Nazis and the British ruling classes, except that English tyranny lasted longer and was more wide-spread than the German variety.

I have read the forgery called the Protocols of Zion, and thought them ridiculous as applied to the Jews. But as a description of the English ruling classes, it fit them down to a tee! A people obsessed with power, bent on dominating the world, using the power of money, intrigue and manipulation to crush their opponents and force their will on others, oppressing and exploiting people all over the world in order to shave a little profit off the last farthing! A ruling class cold and cunning and heartless, mean and vicious! This is all patent and clear, revealed in any history book you care to pick up. They even boast about it! Like the American ruling class, their zealous imitators, they treated their own people as badly as they treated others, and this was a practice long established in English society. They were mean and callous to a degree almost unbelievable in any other Germanic society.

During the Second World War, under rationing, the average Englishman was better fed than he had ever been in history! I knew a very nice lady who managed to crawl out of the rubble of Berlin alive. She said that when the British came into the city, the English officers were what she expected: tall, healthy, well-mannered gentlemen. But she was shocked by the ordinary soldiers. They were short to the point of dwarfishness: deformed and unhealthy. Such was the result of the malnutrition which they had experienced all their lives, so that their rulers would have a little more money for their luxuries!

And yet -- darn it! -- I am a bit of an anglophile. They do have some good points. English humour (not British!) I consider a true and original contribution to world culture -- "more lasting than brass or the mighty monuments of the pyramids." English humour will maintain its salutary influence long after the transitory tinsel of the Empire is long forgotten.

Wilhelm was not a big colonial ruler. He did not treat the Chinese so good but he was still far war from the Brits who drove almost the entire people into an opium addiction, ending the glory of China.
I was thinking about Wilhelm's dithering just before the First World War, but I agree with you about the hypocritical British.

I don't see a lot of difference between the Nazis and the British ruling classes, except that English tyranny lasted longer and was more wide-spread than the German variety.

I have read the forgery called the Protocols of Zion, and thought them ridiculous as applied to the Jews. But as a description of the English ruling classes, it fit them down to a tee! A people obsessed with power, bent on dominating the world, using the power of money, intrigue and manipulation to crush their opponents and force their will on others, oppressing and exploiting people all over the world in order to shave a little profit off the last farthing! A ruling class cold and cunning and heartless, mean and vicious! This is all patent and clear, revealed in any history book you care to pick up. They even boast about it! Like the American ruling class, their zealous imitators, they treated their own people as badly as they treated others, and this was a practice long established in English society. They were mean and callous to a degree almost unbelievable in any other Germanic society.

During the Second World War, under rationing, the average Englishman was better fed than he had ever been in history! I knew a very nice lady who managed to crawl out of the rubble of Berlin alive. She said that when the British came into the city, the English officers were what she expected: tall, healthy, well-mannered gentlemen. But she was shocked by the ordinary soldiers. They were short to the point of dwarfishness: deformed and unhealthy. Such was the result of the malnutrition which they had experienced all their lives, so that their rulers would have a little more money for their luxuries!

And yet -- darn it! -- I am a bit of an anglophile. They do have some good points. English humour (not British!) I consider a true and original contribution to world culture -- "more lasting than brass or the mighty monuments of the pyramids." English humour will maintain its salutary influence long after the transitory tinsel of the Empire is long forgotten.
I think this is a big exaggeration here.

I wonder if it might be interesting to start a thread on American, German and English humour.

Many people think that the Germans do not have a sense of humor -- but you certainly do!

I think, perhaps, the Germans tend to hide their humor so that it is not too obvious -- what do you think?

Perhaps the nearest sort of American humor is the so-called "shaggy dog story"?

Last edited:
I wonder if it might be interesting to start a thread on American, German and English humour.

Many people think that the Germans do not have a sense of humor -- but you certainly do!

I think, perhaps, the Germans tend to hide their humor so that it is not too obvious -- what do you think?

Perhaps the nearest sort of American humor is the so-called "shaggy dog story"?
It is big nonsense that German have no sense humor. And if you treat a German like he has no humor, you won´t discover any humor, of course.

Forum List

Back