Iran's election a sham

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
What a complete disappointment.

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran declared [COLOR=#038258 ! important][COLOR=#038258 ! important]President [COLOR=#038258 ! important]Mahmoud [/color][COLOR=#038258 ! important]Ahmadinejad[/color][/color][/color] the winner Saturday of an election that pitted the conservative establishment against candidate with broad backing from the country's youth. Riot police attacked opposition supporters, beating them with clubs and smashing cars.
A statement from Mousavi posted on his Web site condemned what he described as the "manipulation" of election results.
Demonstrators wearing the trademark green color of Mir Hossein Mousavi chanted slogans condemning the results that gave 62.6 percent of the vote to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Protesters set fire to tires outside the Interior Ministry in the most serious unrest in Tehran in a decade.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/13/iran-election-results-ahm_0_n_215169.html

What a joke. Why bother holding elections if they're going to manipulate the results?

If this is what they want to do, then it's time to let Israel off of its leash.

Since the fascist dictatorship of thugs and murderers that is iran's current heinous regime will attack any and all democracy protestors in the streets, it should clear by now to any humans with a brain that the only way by which peace can be achieved is by outside military intervention.

The IRG would have to be destroyed, along with the Basij paramilitary thugs (interestingly, made up of large numbers of imported mercenary "palestinians"), and government officials captured or killed. I wrote up a potential plan scenario here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1266553-post367.html

I can only pray that the second that iranian animals in the government order the inevitable iranian tiananman square crackdown, that the US/Israel/West uses the opportunity to not allow thousands to be murdered again while they watch, and attack the country and destroy completely the regime.

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran declared [COLOR=#038258 ! important][COLOR=#038258 ! important]President [COLOR=#038258 ! important]Mahmoud [/color][COLOR=#038258 ! important]Ahmadinejad[/color][/color][/color] the winner Saturday of an election that pitted the conservative establishment against candidate with broad backing from the country's youth. Riot police attacked opposition supporters, beating them with clubs and smashing cars.
A statement from Mousavi posted on his Web site condemned what he described as the "manipulation" of election results.
Demonstrators wearing the trademark green color of Mir Hossein Mousavi chanted slogans condemning the results that gave 62.6 percent of the vote to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Protesters set fire to tires outside the Interior Ministry in the most serious unrest in Tehran in a decade.

Iran Election Results: Ahmadinejad Declared Winner

What a joke. Why bother holding elections if they're going to manipulate the results?

do you think any leash will be able to contain Netanyahou when threatened by A-jad?

The election in Iran was won by Ahmadinejad fair and square.

The people of Iran know that they have a great leader and a patriot who cares about his citizens and country.

I onlt wish the U.S. had politicians as faithful and dedicated to America as he is to Iran.

Since the fascist dictatorship of thugs and murderers that is iran's current heinous regime will attack any and all democracy protestors in the streets, it should clear by now to any humans with a brain that the only way by which peace can be achieved is by outside military intervention.

The IRG would have to be destroyed, along with the Basij paramilitary thugs (interestingly, made up of large numbers of imported mercenary "palestinians"), and government officials captured or killed. I wrote up a potential plan scenario here:

I can only pray that the second that iranian animals in the government order the inevitable iranian tiananman square crackdown, that the US/Israel/West uses the opportunity to not allow thousands to be murdered again while they watch, and attack the country and destroy completely the regime.

Going by your username and the title of this site, I have to assume (even if you do not claim it at the point of location) that you are an American citizen.

I am not. That's why I don't advocate the overthrow of a regime each time it differs from the views of my country. I am no supporter of Iran but if you call them a fascist regime of thugs and murderers, what do you think they call the USA when they have a viewpoint that considers the USA as cold blooded civilian killers in Iraq and Afghanistan? And if you consider yourself a middle of the road person, would an Iranian viewpoint of America as the most meddlesome country in the world, surprise you?

Iran Election Results: Ahmadinejad Declared Winner

While it might not be surprising if the election was fixed, what makes you so certain Ahmadinejad didn't legitimately win? There are always complaints about election irregularities here in the US, so while there may have been some in Iran, what makes you so certain he didn't win a majority of the votes anyway?

What "leash" should Israel be freed from, and to do what?

The US will try to discourage Israel from taking out Iran's nuclear facilities.

We should simply let them know that if they make that choice then they do not have our support financially or militarily, and that we'll be remaining neutral in any conflict that will occur as a result of that action.

What "leash" should Israel be freed from, and to do what?

The US will try to discourage Israel from taking out Iran's nuclear facilities.

We should simply let them know that if they make that choice then they do not have our support financially or militarily, and that we'll be remaining neutral in any conflict that will occur as a result of that action.

do you know what "percified" means?

The people of Iran know that they have a great leader and a patriot who cares about his citizens and country.

I onlt wish the U.S. had politicians as faithful and dedicated to America as he is to Iran.

Congratulations, you win - you ARE the stupidest poster here on USMB. No one, not even Adminejihadist's own mother believes this election wasn't a complete sham.

Fucking Juan Cole himself has said so, and that is a person I wouldn't believe on any other subject, even if he said water was wet.

You have utterly failed. :cuckoo:

Going by your username and the title of this site, I have to assume (even if you do not claim it at the point of location) that you are an American citizen.

I am not. That's why I don't advocate the overthrow of a regime each time it differs from the views of my country. I am no supporter of Iran but if you call them a fascist regime of thugs and murderers, what do you think they call the USA when they have a viewpoint that considers the USA as cold blooded civilian killers in Iraq and Afghanistan? And if you consider yourself a middle of the road person, would an Iranian viewpoint of America as the most meddlesome country in the world, surprise you?

What I am and from where I post is of no relevancy whatsoever.

Second, I will accept no moral equivalency between the US' invasion of Afghanistan, along with the events of iraq falling only on the US' shoulders. I find it hilarious that you make no mention of the Taliban or Al Qaeda operating in Afghan, nor of it and iran's activities in iraq - as if anything that occurred there was solely the fault of the US.

And you have the nerve to ask if my approach was balanced.

Further, please explain how you can compare the US with iran who actively suicide bombs innocent civilians in several other countries, regularly murders its own citizens for simply demonstrating for their own civil rights, and operates as THE rejectionist force against peace in the middle east, attacking countries like israel it doesn't fucking even share a border with.

Last, I find it even more hysterical how you, like every other leftist tool, whose sole existence is predicated on attacking the US NO MATTER HOW FUCKING BADLY some third world dictatorship is acting.

Are you so racist against poor muslims that you cannot expect them to have done anything BUT had a stolen, criminally manipulated sham "election"?

Last edited:
While it might not be surprising if the election was fixed, what makes you so certain Ahmadinejad didn't legitimately win? There are always complaints about election irregularities here in the US, so while there may have been some in Iran, what makes you so certain he didn't win a majority of the votes anyway?

Cole and I have never agreed on anything else I am aware of, including the need for humans to breathe, but we both agree on this fact, iran's election was a sham:

Informed Comment: Stealing the Iranian Election

"1. It is claimed that Ahmadinejad won the city of Tabriz with 57%. His main opponent, Mir Hossein Mousavi, is an Azeri from Azerbaijan province, of which Tabriz is the capital. Mousavi, according to such polls as exist in Iran and widespread anecdotal evidence, did better in cities and is popular in Azerbaijan. Certainly, his rallies there were very well attended. So for an Azeri urban center to go so heavily for Ahmadinejad just makes no sense. In past elections, Azeris voted disproportionately for even minor presidential candidates who hailed from that province.

"5. Ahmadinejad's numbers were fairly standard across Iran's provinces. In past elections there have been substantial ethnic and provincial variations.

6. The Electoral Commission is supposed to wait three days before certifying the results of the election, at which point they are to inform Khamenei of the results, and he signs off on the process. The three-day delay is intended to allow charges of irregularities to be adjudicated. In this case, Khamenei immediately approved the alleged results."

These were just a few of the items people have taken note of, and realize how obvious this fraud/theft was.

Congratulations, you win - you ARE the stupidest poster here on USMB. No one, not even Adminejihadist's own mother believes this election wasn't a complete sham.

Fucking Juan Cole himself has said so, and that is a person I wouldn't believe on any other subject, even if he said water was wet.

You have utterly failed. :cuckoo:
You are the one that has failed Rhodes

A week ago I stated that Ahmadinejad would easily and fairly win the election. And you were all over me tell me I was wrong.

It's laughable how any American can point fingers at the election process of any other nation and claim alledged irregularities.

After the blatant fraud and theft of the Bush/Gore election. :lol:

Forum List

Back