Iranian Passport: Institutionalized hatred

Did you know that it is against the law to travel to Cuba on a US passport?

Nations tend to do that, ya know?

There are many nations that have issues / embargos on travel or trade with other nations. But seldom do we see it as a national mission statement endorsed in every passport. You do understand the difference don't you? Plus, at the time this phrase was placed on Iranian passports, Israel had not done a single thing to the Iranians. This is about 30 years ago, way before the Iranian nuclear issue.

So we have an obsession with the destruction of another nation, totally unprovoked.
You got the picture off a blog! how do we know just what your repeating, its not even written in Farsi, the official language if Iran

Yes the picture of from a blog, does that make it untrue? The image you see is 100% correct you will see this on the back page of every Iranian passport. I know this because I have seen it with my own two eyes. If you have doubts why don't you research this and get back to us about it being false. I can't post more information on this to prove it's validity. would you like me too?

Unfortunately I doubt that even if I prove that its 100% true, it's going to change the mindset of some. So you have to tell me what it means if this is true before I waste my time. ie what would change as far as you're concerned.

There are many nations that have issues / embargos on travel or trade with other nations. But seldom do we see it as a national mission statement endorsed in every passport. You do understand the difference don't you? Plus, at the time this phrase was placed on Iranian passports, Israel had not done a single thing to the Iranians. This is about 30 years ago, way before the Iranian nuclear issue.

So we have an obsession with the destruction of another nation, totally unprovoked.
You got the picture off a blog! how do we know just what your repeating, its not even written in Farsi, the official language if Iran

Yes the picture of from a blog, does that make it untrue? The image you see is 100% correct you will see this on the back page of every Iranian passport. I know this because I have seen it with my own two eyes. If you have doubts why don't you research this and get back to us about it being false. I can't post more information on this to prove it's validity. would you like me too?

Unfortunately I doubt that even if I prove that its 100% true, it's going to change the mindset of some. So you have to tell me what it means if this is true before I waste my time. ie what would change as far as you're concerned.
Fifth paragraph right above "Contents"

Iranian passport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I doubt it's going to make a difference for Jos. But thanks Hossfly.

I doubt it's going to make a difference for Jos. But thanks Hossfly.
On the inside of the back-cover, Iranian passports bear the inscription: "The holder of this passport is not entitled to travel to occupied Palestine", which refers to Israel.[1]

Did you know that on the last page of every Iranian passport there is a phrase that makes it illegal to travel to Israel? In other words, they consider ALL of Israel occupied, and if they catch a non Iranian passport with an Israeli stamp in it, the person is immediately arrested and put in prison for being a "Zionist"?

passport.jpg

These people need to calm down. Perhaps the Mossad could slip some Xanax in their drinking water.

They'd probably like that better then the Mossad assassinating their scientists.

These people need to calm down. Perhaps the Mossad could slip some Xanax in their drinking water.
Keep in mind that this phrase was placed in every Iranian passport from the moment the Islamists took over Iran in 1979 for over 30 years, without Israel ever doing anything to them. Talk about an "obsession" and religious fanaticism. This is basically like a national islamic mission statement on stamped on every Iranian passport.

Not only did Israel do nothing to warrant the irrational hatred of the Iranian regime, but Israel twice saved their asses. Had Israel not bombed out Saddam Hussein's nuclear program in 1981, there is little doubt Saddam would have nuked Iran during their long war, and when Iraq's warplanes and tanks were devastating Iranian forces, Israel sold Iran thousands of Tow and Hawk missiles to stop the Iraqi advance. This occurred in the context of every other nation in the ME, and even Iraqi Shi'ites, with the exception of Syria supporting Saddam's war against the Iranian regime.

Yeppers. After the US supplied Iraq with weapons and egged on a war with Iran..I am sure the Iranians were just tickled pink that they could buy American supplied weapons from Israel.

I think its a damned shame that our government and Iran's is at loggerheads.

If there is any people in central Asia that would make great US allies, it's the Iranian people.

I went to university with a LOT of kids from Moslem nations.

Of that group, the Iranians were the most LIKE US.

Of course NOW, most of those kids are probably still here in the USA because they could not return to today's Iranian regime.

I went to university BEFORE the SHAH fell, so the kids I knew often could not go back to Iran.

Most of them, I have little doubt, are doing just fine here in the USA.

I think its a damned shame that our government and Iran's is at loggerheads.

If there is any people in central Asia that would make great US allies, it's the Iranian people.

I went to university with a LOT of kids from Moslem nations.

Of that group, the Iranians were the most LIKE US.

Of course NOW, most of those kids are probably still here in the USA because they could not return to today's Iranian regime.

I went to university BEFORE the SHAH fell, so the kids I knew often could not go back to Iran.

Most of them, I have little doubt, are doing just fine here in the USA.

I met some Iranian-Americans in California, there are alot of them there, like you said alot of them did not return to Iran after the Shah fell, they are really good people and deserve better.

My point is Why is it not Written in Farsi?

Anybody who has traveled outside of the US enough knows that English is the internationally recognized language of the world which is why the information inside passports is usually in English. Besides, any Iranian living in Iran knows that entering Iran with an Israeli stamp on one of the visa pages in their passport will bring immediate accusations of Zionism charges which equals a death sentence in Iran. It goes without saying.

Anybody who has traveled outside of the US enough knows that English is the internationally recognized language of the world which is why the information inside passports is usually in English. Besides, any Iranian living in Iran knows that entering Iran with an Israeli stamp on one of the visa pages in their passport will bring immediate accusations of Zionism charges which equals a death sentence in Iran. It goes without saying.

Must passports are usually in the Language of the Nation AND English

I think Iran just wants the world to be able to see and read that, if they put it in Farsi nobody could understand it. Also keep in mind Iran is not shy about showing the world how it feels, they have stamps of the US flag burning and the US Embassy take over.

hostage-taking-in-teheran.jpg

usdiplomatshostageiniran.gif

if they didnt put it in Farsi how do iranians understand it?

if they didnt put it in Farsi how do iranians understand it?

I think the point is they want foreigners to see it when Iranians travel abroad, thats why its on their passport, Iranians living in the country knows the government stance on the issue already, the point is for others in different countries to see it.

Did you know that on the last page of every Iranian passport there is a phrase that makes it illegal to travel to Israel? In other words, they consider ALL of Israel occupied, and if they catch a non Iranian passport with an Israeli stamp in it, the person is immediately arrested and put in prison for being a "Zionist"?

passport.jpg

and this surprises you?

interestingly, you don't see 50 threads a day on the racist iranis... or irani apartheid.

Yes, but only the main page, the one with the date of birth, expiration date, issue date, passport number, full name etc. the rest are depending on the country. Besides, this notation is for international consumption and eyes, and not really for Iranians. It's to show the world that the pariah govt of the Islamic republic of Iran does not even respect Israel as legitimate country. No need to put that phrase in Farsi, you'd have to be suicidal to walk into Iranian customs with an Israeli stamp in your iranian passport.

Forum List

Back