Iranian Officers In Iraq

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,124835,00.html

Iranian Intel Officers Captured in Iraq

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

WASHINGTON — American and Iraqi joint patrols, along with U.S. Special Operations (search) teams, captured two men with explosives in Baghdad on Monday who identified themselves as Iranian (search) intelligence officers, FOX News has confirmed.

Senior officials said it was previously believed that Iran had officers inside Iraq stirring up violence, but this is the first time that self-proclaimed Iranian intelligence agents have been captured within the country.

The Defense officials also confirmed to FOX News that in recent days there has been significant success in tracking down "known bad guys" based on information from local citizens. While those captured aren't from the list of former regime members or from terror leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's (search) network, they are "active" bombers and organizers of recent violence.

The arrest of the two Iranians suspected of attempting to carry out a vehicle bombing has focused new attention on how Tehran is trying to protect its interests in the country it fought for eight years in a devastating war....

Originally posted by Comrade
I think since Iran is illegally violating the soveriegnty of a nation by acts of terror and murdering civilians, we ought to be hearing from the worldwide anti-war protestor very soon as they come out against Iran.

Any minute now...

Hold on...

Hey ill get out and protest for this one. atleast if someone brings donuts.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Hey ill get out and protest for this one. atleast if someone brings donuts.

Just you and me and 14.999 Million more and we'll beat the record set against America invading Iraq.

Mmmm... donuts!!!

i protest with ya, but what kind of donuts?

this is disturbing, but of course not surprising. what got me was the DOD revealing only 100 of the 6000 insurgents its got in custody (or iraq has in custody) are foreigners... where are the rest of them or is this deal really that driven and manned by baathists and nationalists?

Originally posted by NATO AIR
i protest with ya, but what kind of donuts?

this is disturbing, but of course not surprising. what got me was the DOD revealing only 100 of the 6000 insurgents its got in custody (or iraq has in custody) are foreigners... where are the rest of them or is this deal really that driven and manned by baathists and nationalists?

Oh donuts are pretty much the same except for those everlasting Hostess variety (although the chocalate variety is still good)... Fresh donuts from Krispe Kreme for everyone I say!

On your other topic I'd say that's alternatively good news... international terrorists are only a fraction of the total captured in Iraq and while it's no surprise there are plenty of volunteers there is a dearth of trained veterans who operating for Al-Quada.

bravo in that case i'll bring the coffe/hot chocolate/bottled water/alcohol

we might be there a while.... and nobody wants one of those horrible "got milk" moments with a delicious donut halfway done.

Forum List

Back