Iran Women’s Soccer Team Banned From Olympics Over Headscarves by FIFA as punishment?

sharif

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2011
Karachi, Pakistan
Iran Women’s Soccer Team Banned From Olympics Over Headscarves by FIFA a unique punishment?

I am very much shocked over the decision made Officials of the international football association, FIFA, have dismissed the Iranian women’s soccer team because the tight headscarves the players were wearing to cover their hair broke the association’s dress code, Washington Post said.

FIFA banned Iranian female for observing Hijab "hand scraf" but no shame or banned for Germany women Soccer Team to display figure clearly and posing for PLAY BOY? Shame on FIFA and West both countless time?

More shameful when Germany women’s soccer team exposed for PLAY BOY showing entire body and figures than no problem for FIFA they like and enjoyed? when Muslims women's from Iran observe true Islamic Hijab than what problem for FIFA any one can example? this is only punishment why you Muslim's truly observe Hijab which give pain to West? the only reasons? I must say shame on West and FIFA for all the time double standard? Give liberty to own female to display entire body? but when Muslims women's observe Hijab by covering face or body than apply "banned" this is not banned but consider a BLACK LAW?

I must say this is total a DOUBLE standard of FIFA and keeping Iranian Women’s soccer team to keep away from Olympics due to as punishment?

Thanking You.

( Ashfaq Sharif )

This has been discussed on another thread.

FIFA worked with IRAN to certify a close fitting head cover that covered the hair, but left open the ears and the neck. It also did not limit peripherial vision.

Iran then tried to take the field in loose headscarves, in violation of the agreement. They also were wearing loose long sleeves, and loose pants, which are also kit violations.

Since they did not follow the dress code everyone else does (even with the dispensations given) they were not permitted to take the field as they violated the rules of the game (FIFA rules).

I guess making sure they do not show thier neck or ankles is more of a concern for the Iranian goverment than the team actually playing. That and scoring some cheap political points.

Iran Women’s Soccer Team Banned From Olympics Over Headscarves by FIFA a unique punishment?

I am very much shocked over the decision made Officials of the international football association, FIFA, have dismissed the Iranian women’s soccer team because the tight headscarves the players were wearing to cover their hair broke the association’s dress code, Washington Post said.

FIFA banned Iranian female for observing Hijab "hand scraf" but no shame or banned for Germany women Soccer Team to display figure clearly and posing for PLAY BOY? Shame on FIFA and West both countless time?

More shameful when Germany women’s soccer team exposed for PLAY BOY showing entire body and figures than no problem for FIFA they like and enjoyed? when Muslims women's from Iran observe true Islamic Hijab than what problem for FIFA any one can example? this is only punishment why you Muslim's truly observe Hijab which give pain to West? the only reasons? I must say shame on West and FIFA for all the time double standard? Give liberty to own female to display entire body? but when Muslims women's observe Hijab by covering face or body than apply "banned" this is not banned but consider a BLACK LAW?

I must say this is total a DOUBLE standard of FIFA and keeping Iranian Women’s soccer team to keep away from Olympics due to as punishment?

Thanking You.

( Ashfaq Sharif )

This was already discussed in another thread. Interesting how idiots like you assume FIFA is a western committee. Take a look at the makeup, fuckwit, and you'll see the members are internationally represented. There's even Arab counties represented on the committee. Now take a hike, moron!

soccer.jpg

nice looking uniform. take sex OUT of the game and let it survive on the Tactical skills of its players.
Sepp Blatter, the president of the world governing body Fifa, said women should have skimpier kit to increase the popularity of the game. "Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball," he said.

"They could, for example, have tighter shorts.
Soccer chief's plan to boost women's game? Hotpants | UK news | The Guardian

soccer.jpg

nice looking uniform. take sex OUT of the game and let it survive on the Tactical skills of its players.
Sepp Blatter, the president of the world governing body Fifa, said women should have skimpier kit to increase the popularity of the game. "Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball," he said.

"They could, for example, have tighter shorts.
Soccer chief's plan to boost women's game? Hotpants | UK news | The Guardian

Soccer kits are one of the more egaltarian clothes out there. Men and women wear basically the same thing.

How about this, we let the Iranian women wear the soccer-burqas if the iranian men's team does the same thing.

And American Football players where the same kit as Rugby players:lol:

Too bad Muslim women have no choice in what they want to wear.

Thanking You.

( Ashfaq Sharif )

Probably just making sure a male was not impersonating female and hiding behind scarf. They could have designed some head gear appropriate for International sports events. I watched boxing match between Iran and US, and I think match was between females and Iranian female was dressed appropriately for boxing match. The match was more like a political fight!

Mooslamics kill teacher in Russia over hijab...
:eek:
Anti-hijab teacher killed in Russia’s Muslim south
Monday, July 11, 2011 - A headmaster who was opposed to his female students wearing headscarves was killed in Russia’s Muslim North Caucasus by militants, local officials and Islamist rebels have said.
Akhmed Sidikullakh was shot dead by two assailants on Saturday in the courtyard of his home in a village in Dagestan, a region wedged between Chechnya and the Caspian Sea, the local Interior Ministry said in a statement on Sunday. An insurgency is raging in Russia’s mainly Muslim south, where rebels are fighting to carve out a separate Islamic state in the North Caucasus, including in Chechnya, the site of two separatist wars since 1994. “Two of our brothers shot this godless criminal ... Recall that he is an enemy of God, who forbade students to attend mosque and girls from wearing a hijab,” the rebels said in a statement on vdagestan.info, site of the Islamist insurgency’s Dagestani section.

The Dagestani government condemned the attack, which took place in the village of Sovyetskoye near the Azeri border in the region’s south, and said it was an attempt to spread fear through society, the state-run RIA news agency said. It added that Sidikullakh, who was born in 1952, had received threats from militants. Despite the Kremlin pouring billions of dollars into the impoverished region, violence has not abated and analysts say the insurgency is swelling in numbers and scope.

An imam was shot dead on Sunday in another village in Dagestan, the Islamist-friendly site kavkazcenter.com reported, adding it was the second such attack in a month. Recent attacks in the Russian heartland, such as a suicide bomb in Moscow’s largest airport that killed 37 people in January, have raised concerns that the government has failed to quell violence ahead of March 2012 presidential elections.

Rebels in the North Caucasus have increasingly targeted activities they deem un-Islamic, including establishments selling alcohol, although attacks on non-conservative teachers have been rare. The firebrand leader of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, issued an edict in 2007 that banned bareheaded women from entering state buildings including schools, sparking outrage from rights workers who said it was in direct violation of Russian law. The rule is strictly followed today. Dagestan has no rules concerning headscarves.

Source

Dat's right - it can be worn as sports uniform...
:eusa_eh:
Muslim Woman in Hijab Becomes First Fully Covered Competitor in Weightlifting Championship
Friday, July 15, 2011 - Muslim Woman Makes History at Weightlifting Event
Kulsoom Abdullah became the first woman to compete in the U.S. weightlifting championships on Friday while wearing clothing that covers her legs, arms and head. Abdullah was cleared to compete in accordance with her Muslim faith after the International Weightlifting Federation ruled two weeks ago that athletes could wear a full-body "unitard" under the customary weightlifting uniform. IWF rules previously stated that a weightlifter's knees and elbows must be visible so officials can determine if a lift is correctly executed.

Abdullah, a 35-year-old from Atlanta who weighed in at 105 pounds, competed before a small crowd of roughly 100 lifters, their family members and friends in Council Bluffs, Iowa, just across the river from Omaha. Wearing a flowing black hijab and matching top with a tan, long-sleeved undershirt and long black socks, Abdullah cleared a snatch of 41 kilograms, or just over 90 pounds, and 57 kilograms (126.7 pounds) in the clean and jerk. The soft-spoken Abdullah, who finished fifth out of six competitors in her weight class, said she would have liked to score higher but had nonetheless accomplished what she set out to do.

"I'm really happy that I got this experience and that there's a lot of support, and I hope that it could encourage other women and people, whether it's weightlifting or another sport, to try competition because it's fun to meet people," Abdullah said. "Just to hope that people have a good attitude about wanting to include people. I think it helps when people get along."

USA Weightlifting CEO John Duff told The Associated Press that Abdullah's appearance was a key milestone for the sport and a great step forward for inclusion within weightlifting. "Weightlifters are a pretty pure bunch, in that they look at things very objectively. Can she lift, or can't she lift?" Duff said. "It doesn't really matter what people look like, what they dress like, where they come from or what they represent. It's, they are a competitor and an fellow athlete."

Muslim Woman in Hijab Becomes First Fully Covered Competitor in Weightlifting Championship | CNSnews.com

Forum List

Back