Iran to put warships off US Atlantic coast...

Discussion in 'Military' started by Liberty, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    Yes Dear, They, nor the NSA, can never find you. ;)

2. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +941
    I never said our DoD was just like the terrorists, please stop using straw men arguments.

I'm saying our politicians are scum, and they make immoral decisions.

3. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,642
    Hey, I'm not using strawmen.

You said our reaction was worse than what the 19 did. I don't think what we did was worse than targeting non-combatants. I never will.

I can't equivocate at that level.

4. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,642
    ;) It was just said for effect, nothing serious.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +941
    They didn't intentionally do things worse. A drunk driver running a stop sign and hitting someone kiling them is bad, if I unintentinally run a stop sign and it kills a van full of ppl, that's worse. Here's how I look at it.

More americans dead is worse than less americans dead

The U.S. being responsible for 100,000 dead Iraqis is worse than the U.S. being responsible for zero dead Iraqis.

The U.S. being trillions more in debt is worse than being trillions less in debt.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  6. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    Yet you don't account for what Iraq was costing us everyday before the Invasion, nor the potential for disruption, had we not acted. True much could have been handled differently Pre and Post Invasion,yet time does not stand still. Neither would have Saddam.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,642
    Exactly.

8. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +941
    What were they costing us that wasn't a result of our own choice to meddle?

Expand on that, "potential for disruption" please.

Saddam did stand still in terms of negative interaction with the U.S., he never did anything against us. Yes he was scum, but not scum we needed to worry about. Whether it was Clinton's embargo that resulted in the starvation of hundreds of thousands, or the War in Iraq that resulted in the death of another hundred throusand innocent Iraqi civilians.

9. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875

By who's definition of meddling, Iraq's? North Korea's? China's, Russia's, or our own?
    World Affair's is part of Life on Earth, no? Otherwise, why are you trying to tell me how to live?

The "Peace Loving Iraq" you try to Portray was a figment of your imagination. Saddam was a Predator. Saddam was a destabilizing influence around the World. Many times more reckless than Gaddafi, for one.

The Embargo sure did not stop Saddam from exporting Oil through Syria, huh. Too bad he did not pass that value on to his starving People, huh... Why was that? Funny you put me into a position to defend Clinton... :lol: I owe you for that. :)

I thought We were defending Society and the Rule of Law after the Successful Invasion. I thought it was Insurgent's targeting Civilians?

What is your Source? Al Jezeera? Puffn'Stuff, Michael Moore? MSNBC? CNN?

10. Dr.Drock

Dr.Drock Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +941
    1.) meddling being us choosing (not being forced to) to overstep our bounds and mess around in gov'ts that aren't ours, and that aren't a threat to us.
    2.) Saddam was a murderous dictator and human scum, I can't be held responsible for what the voices in your head are pretending I'm saying. We've ignored most murderous dictators, including the current ones, sometimes we buddy up with brutal dictators and brutal regimes (China, Saudi Arabia, etc).
    3.) What Saddam does to his own people isn't the concern of the U.S. gov't and isn't the responsibility of the U.S. taxpayer. Our isolationist economic policies hurt our businesses.
    4.) Defending Iraqi society isn't the job of the U.S. gov't, or the U.S. taxpayer. I repeat, and I'll probably have to repeat it a half dozen times, we weren't targeting civilians but common sense tells you civilians will die in a war.
    5.) You can go by whatever source you choose, however many Iraqi civilians died in the war were too many. Whether it's 200k, 100k, 50k, or 1.