Iran The Innocent

Discussion in 'Iran' started by publicprotector, Jul 18, 2009.

1. publicprotector

publicprotector Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Despite the lies, deceit and staged terrorism etc. perpetrated by the the axis of evil UK/US/Israel the truth remains that Iran and its people are a peacful nation who dare to be different and wish to be free from the control of the aforementioned. Far from being the despot waring nation that it is painted noting could be further from the truth.

Yes it is different, it ways traditions and religion but is that a reason to set the mad dogs on it and its people. Just another excuse to kill, torture, control, rob and exploit as has happened in Iraq.

But the lies continue apace and the brain dead believe them ever willing to support yet another war on innocent men women and children. Lets hope that this time round the perps wont get their own way and that those who would support them grow a brain and some backbone.

2. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    You are 100% correct'

Israel hates Iran because it won't bow down to the Zionist agenda.

So Israel uses the US and UK armies to further it's imperialist goals in the ME.

3. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,393
    I would support assisting the people of Iran in limited fashion, in staging a true revolution to take their own country back and make it what THEY want it to be.

I do not support attacking the country with our military. To achieve a goal of regime change on our own in Iran, we'd probably have to kill AT LEAST tens of thousands of innocent people via the collateral damage of such an operation.

If Iran's regime simply must be changed, the people of the country, as a democracy, have a responsibility on their own to attempt to achieve such a thing. There's historical precedent of success in such endeavors throughout world history, so there's no reason not to think it's possible.

I have little problem with helping to arm any of the citizenry that's willing to take up arms against their regime, but I do not support being directly responsible for killing innocent civilians via punishing air assaults, much less a massive ground invasion. Iraq should be a prime example of why not.

The people of Iran appear to be politically active enough, and sick and tired enough, to handle their own business.

4. publicprotector

publicprotector Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    That like saying we must support the American people to overthrow the despotic regime that now has control of the people. Perhaps you will recall that Iran had a elceted president that we had assasinated to put the Shah in control and then followed 20 years of murder and torture all at the hands of the UK/US.

It is our meddling in the affairs of others that causes the problem in the first place and not the other way round. One must not forget that long before the US ever existed and the people of the UK were living in caves the people of the ME were highly advanced educated people who gaveus math, medicine etc.etc. they are not quite the savages as they are painted.

5. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,764
    Is this monkey a puppet account? It reeks of the stench of about 2-3 other posters I can think of...

6. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,810
    check your pants, that is most likely the source for the stench. then fuck off. glad i could help, yours L.K.Eder

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    The people of Iran need to work out their own internal problems.

One would think that by now most of us would realize that while outsiders can alter the course of a nation, those changes seldom take if the will of the people of that nation become something other than what these outsiders create.

Now I would surely like to see Iran become a more secular nation, less influenced by what most of us think is a radical version of Islam.

And I don't doubt that we could help to make that happen by aiding and abetting those Iranians who want that outcome, too.

But then that government will forever be suspect as a tool of a foreign power.

Better to let Iran find its own path, I think, even if in the short run we don't like what we see.

Becasue interferring with their political process will just put Iran onto still another road to hell paved with good American intentions

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  8. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,764
    Choke to death at your next meal, teenage **** moron - then wash my windows after pumping my gas...AND YES, DOUCHE, YOU ARE NOW, IGNORED....

9. rhodescholar

rhodescholar Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,764
    Unfortunately, as I've posted probably 85 times already, is that we in the West do NOT have the luxury of time to wait before the public - assuming it even can, which it cannot, IMO - to overthrow the fascists.

Their nuclear weapons program and comprehensive support for terrorist groups fomenting wars all over the middle east and beyond do not provide any time of cushon in which to "wait it out" and see if their public can get it done.

What if they never do, and 2 years from now, we realize that had we acted in 2007, 2008, 2009 we could have destroyed both the regime and its nascent nuclear weapons program before it became activated to produce weapons-grade materials? This nuclear umbrella would then completely insulate and protect the regime into perpetuity, which would take the option of externally-conducted regime change if it ever became necessary.

I'm sorry Editec, but I and most others I speak with who are following these events closely feels that waiting any longer serves any kind of purpose. At this point, the regime has once again crushed any internal dissent, and its only a matter of time before its nuke weapons program is displayed with a public test, a planet-wide game changing event.

10. L.K.Eder

L.K.Eder unbannable non-troll

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,810
    Yay, mission accomplished. now if you'd only know the meaning of the verb "to ignore".