Iran Referred

Kathianne said:
I really don't know. Occupation, effective regular bombing, tactical nukes? My guess, all would be on the table.

Of the three conventional air strike bombing seems the most likely.

An Occupation seems unlikely because we already have an occupying force in Iraq, and to (I think) a lesser extent in Afganistan.

Tactical Nukes seem unlikely because of the backlash that such an attack would cause. First we are simply hesitant to use nukes, and this would also create serious rifts between the US and Russia/China.

Air strikes using Bunker-Buster bombs to hit the nuclear facillities seem like the most effective to me.

deaddude said:
Of the three conventional air strike bombing seems the most likely.

An Occupation seems unlikely because we already have an occupying force in Iraq, and to (I think) a lesser extent in Afganistan.

Tactical Nukes seem unlikely because of the backlash that such an attack would cause. First we are simply hesitant to use nukes, and this would also create serious rifts between the US and Russia/China.

Air strikes using Bunker-Buster bombs to hit the nuclear facillities seem like the most effective to me.

Wouldn't we be inviting a full scale Iranian attack on Iraq ?

Probably. But I would think that this would be unwise on their part.
First if we also bombed military targets as well as nuclear ones we could effectively nip an Iranian attack in the bud. Also We still have a fair few soldiers in Iraq and I would think that a full scale invasion would be easier to handle than a trickle of guys with bombs strapped to their chests.

Oh yeah, they are quaking:

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2228

Iranians Terrified by UN Resolution
by Scott Ott

(2006-03-30) — The United Nations Security Council yesterday passed a resolution calling on Iran to halt uranium enrichment by the end of April or face the looming specter of a “virtual mushroom cloud” of additional Security Council discussions and resolutions.

Iran immediately called the non-binding resolution “a terrifying deployment of words that threatens our women, our children and our peaceful way of life.”

The measure, which carries no consequences for non-compliance, nevertheless contains active verbs, challenging vocabulary and deliberate punctuation that pose a “clear and present danger” to the people of Iran, according to an unnamed spokesman for the Islamic Republic.

“The brutal thugs on the Security Council have us over a barrel,” the Iranian source said. “Our people are filled with fear. We are at the mercy of the United Nations.”

Holding one-tenth of the world’s known oil reserves and the second largest natural gas reserves, Iran desperately needs enriched uranium only to generate electricity, and not to make nuclear weapons to wipe Israel from the map.

Even if sanctions are placed against Iran by the U.N., they'll still have backdoor deals with Russia/China just like what happened in Iraq.

We should just nuke, invade, and pillage the country for its oil.

Forum List

Back