Iran Parliment backs Obama

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
Iranian parliament speaker Ali Larijani said yesterday that Tehran would prefer Democrat presidential hopeful Barack Obama in the White House next year, and also ruled out any US attack on his country.

"We are leaning more in favour of Barack Obama because he is more flexible and rational, even though we know American policy will not change that much," Larijani said at a Press conference during a visit to Bahrain.

He said that the main focus of yesterday's meeting with His Majesty the King, Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, was economic and political issues relating to the Kingdom and the GCC. The gas trade between Iran and Bahrain is going strong, he said. "A while ago, I met the Minister for Oil, Dr Ali Mirza. There is no ambiguity. We are in full agreement on this subject," he said.

The gas deal with Iran will only enhance the potential for Bahrain economically. Negotiations will continue on this front, he added.

Iran's Shura supports the deal with Bahrain. The gas deal that Bahrain has entered into with Iran will benefit the Kingdom. But we also want the businesses here to invest in Iran, he said.

Revealing his animosity for the US he said that the US has so far been against at least some countries of the Middle East. The Palestinians, for example, voted for Hamas, but this was not convenient for the US government. That is how Abbas Mahmoud's Fatah came into the picture, he said. Even in Iraq the people voted for a Nationalist Parliament.

Iran's foreign policy for the region hinges on cooperation between the neighbours. "We are all part of the Islamic bloc of countries and Iran is no threat for these countries," he said. Referring to the Iran-Iraq war he said, it was Saddam's initiative and not Iranian.
'Iran prefers Obama'

This is a really good article IMHO, if you read between the lines you will notice that Russia and Iran are attempting to set up a cartel of gas producing states much like OPEC to dictate the price of natural gas. There are lots of implications here for the United States if we do not get tough and a real energy solution for this country that includes our own sources of natural gas, nuclear, oil, wind solar, tidal, and bio fuels,, and whatever else will keep the United States from being at the mercy of yet another two nations that do not have our best intrests at heart.

Of course Iran wants Comrade Hussein in office. Then they can make all the nuclear weapons they want without being bothered.

Iranian parliament speaker Ali Larijani said yesterday that Tehran would prefer Democrat presidential hopeful Barack Obama in the White House next year, and also ruled out any US attack on his country.

"We are leaning more in favour of Barack Obama because he is more flexible and rational, even though we know American policy will not change that much," Larijani said at a Press conference during a visit to Bahrain.

He said that the main focus of yesterday's meeting with His Majesty the King, Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, was economic and political issues relating to the Kingdom and the GCC. The gas trade between Iran and Bahrain is going strong, he said. "A while ago, I met the Minister for Oil, Dr Ali Mirza. There is no ambiguity. We are in full agreement on this subject," he said.

The gas deal with Iran will only enhance the potential for Bahrain economically. Negotiations will continue on this front, he added.

Iran's Shura supports the deal with Bahrain. The gas deal that Bahrain has entered into with Iran will benefit the Kingdom. But we also want the businesses here to invest in Iran, he said.

Revealing his animosity for the US he said that the US has so far been against at least some countries of the Middle East. The Palestinians, for example, voted for Hamas, but this was not convenient for the US government. That is how Abbas Mahmoud's Fatah came into the picture, he said. Even in Iraq the people voted for a Nationalist Parliament.

Iran's foreign policy for the region hinges on cooperation between the neighbours. "We are all part of the Islamic bloc of countries and Iran is no threat for these countries," he said. Referring to the Iran-Iraq war he said, it was Saddam's initiative and not Iranian.
'Iran prefers Obama'

This is a really good article IMHO, if you read between the lines you will notice that Russia and Iran are attempting to set up a cartel of gas producing states much like OPEC to dictate the price of natural gas. There are lots of implications here for the United States if we do not get tough and a real energy solution for this country that includes our own sources of natural gas, nuclear, oil, wind solar, tidal, and bio fuels,, and whatever else will keep the United States from being at the mercy of yet another two nations that do not have our best intrests at heart.

What happens when you have an administration like Bush's is that your extremism begets more extremism. When we elect a president with a clear head and a rational mind to deal with countries like Iran, we'll get real results. When you have a fundamental president that refuses to even acknowledge a country like Iran, they start developing nukes and elect leaders like ahmadinejad.

When we sat down with the North Koreans, what happened? They dismantled their nukes and we made progress with the country. I think the same can be done elsewhere.

Now, if we exhaust every single diplomatic option ad infinitum and the country is still threatening us or its neighbors, then we blow it out of the sky. I agree with Obama that we haven't done enough to work with Iran, yet.

yes ever one loves the great leader...even his enemy's

do you truely believe obama is the antichrist as has been implied by your last several posts that i have read? or if not a christian, Mabus...who nostra damus prophesied about....?

What happens when you have an administration like Bush's is that your extremism begets more extremism. When we elect a president with a clear head and a rational mind to deal with countries like Iran, we'll get real results. When you have a fundamental president that refuses to even acknowledge a country like Iran, they start developing nukes and elect leaders like ahmadinejad.

When we sat down with the North Koreans, what happened? They dismantled their nukes and we made progress with the country. I think the same can be done elsewhere.

Now, if we exhaust every single diplomatic option ad infinitum and the country is still threatening us or its neighbors, then we blow it out of the sky. I agree with Obama that we haven't done enough to work with Iran, yet.

N Korea ain't Iran.

alqaeda supports mccain being president, heard this on the 24/7 news channels this week...they say his kind of foreign policies will keep us over there and FURTHER their causes Better....

that concerns me much more than pakistan parliament supporting obama....i actually think it is good that they do .....even though obama has been touting building up forces in afghanistan and crossing the border....which surprises me a bit...

but outside of my personal comments and thoughts on this....i really do not let any foreigners influence who i choose for my president .

Last edited:
Iranian parliament speaker Ali Larijani said yesterday that Tehran would prefer Democrat presidential hopeful Barack Obama in the White House next year...

The link wouldn't work for me, but that first line was enough for me, anyway.

McCain/Palin '08!

And no oil.

Just think about what our oil prices would be like if we were actually ally's with Iran. Just think about what Israel's relations would be like with its neighbors if we were ally's with Iran.

Becuase Iran has oil and controls 40% of the world's oil through their straight is exactly the reason we should've been negotiating with them a long time ago. They have us by our nuts and there's nothing we can do. Do you think we actually like half the countries we do business with? Do you think we like communist China?

no kidding...its not because Bush has proven himself to be a murderous liar no...its now he can make nukes at will..with no fear of any U.S intervention

If you think for one second Obama would allow Iran to make nukes without any fear of US reprucssions, you're dead wrong.

do you truely believe obama is the antichrist as has been implied by your last several posts that i have read? or if not a christian, Mabus...who nostra damus prophesied about....?

probably his second cousin.. but its possible as Oprah declared he is the one...He will be our president in 2012... but what I do know is he is as ruthless and dangerous to liberty as Bush..and will forward the same globalist agenda...and unlike bush..he is slick and smart.. Biden let the cat out of the bag..there will be another..911..a orchestrated world changing crisis ..then you will see Obama's real plan for America

Last edited:
There goes the Jewish vote

If you think for one second Obama would allow Iran to make nukes without any fear of US reprucssions, you're dead wrong.

Please, Comrade Hussein would be cowering under a table in a puddle of piss with a snot-bubble hanging off his nose asking Ayers what he thinks they should do.

Of course Iran wants Comrade Hussein in office.

Fuck you and your first cousin you've been screwing.:cuckoo:

McCain violated the Code of Conduct as a prisoner. Is he a traitor and a commnunist? Why isn't the left asking to learn more about this?

This is becoming more and more typical of the far right response. Full of sound and fury signifying shit.:eusa_silenced:

I'm sorry does the link not work? If it doesn't someone let me know and I will try it again. The issue of Iran points to a glaring hole, in US foreign policy. The Unites States has for some time now tried to work with Europe to isolate Iran for it's numerous violations of IAEA sanctions. Let's not forget who the major arms supplier is for groups like Hamas,Hezbollah, and Al Qaeda not to mention Irans Quds force training insurgents to kill Amercians and providing weapons such as EIED's with copper penetrators, rockets, rpgs, missiles, etc. . This advanced technology comes form two sources Russia and China and is funneled into places like Iraq, Afghanistan and the West Bank by Iran and its agents. So when a country like this says they prefer one US Candidate over another it is something not to be taken lightly. One more thing to consider as well, Iran has continued to ignore sanctions imposed on it for its numerous violations so what makes you think that with the sudden appearence of Barack Obama in negotiations, that have been going on for years ,will change a thing?

Forum List

Back