Iran Nuclear Deal Reached At Geneva Talks

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011

The French and Iranian foreign ministers said early Sunday that a deal between six world powers and Iran has been struck that calls on Tehran to limit its nuclear activities in return for sanctions relief.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said, "Yes, we have a deal," as he walked past reporters crowding the hotel lobby where marathon negotiations had taken place over the past five days.

Asked if there was a deal, French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said "Yes" and gave a thumbs up sign.

The goal had been to hammer out an agreement to freeze Iran's nuclear program for six months, while offering the Iranians limited relief from crippling economic sanctions. If the interim deal holds, the parties will negotiate final-stage agreements to ensure Iran does not build nuclear weapons.

The French and Iranian foreign ministers said early Sunday that a deal between six world powers and Iran has been struck that calls on Tehran to limit its nuclear activities in return for sanctions relief.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said, "Yes, we have a deal," as he walked past reporters crowding the hotel lobby where marathon negotiations had taken place over the past five days.

Asked if there was a deal, French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said "Yes" and gave a thumbs up sign.

The goal had been to hammer out an agreement to freeze Iran's nuclear program for six months, while offering the Iranians limited relief from crippling economic sanctions. If the interim deal holds, the parties will negotiate final-stage agreements to ensure Iran does not build nuclear weapons.
Certainly we should all trust the Iranians.:lol:

So, they gave them sanction relief before a single facility was dismantled.

And they'll be back at this in six months?

This means that Iran is within six months of having enough weapons grade material to produce a bomb.

That is not good news at all.

Those god-durned Iranians just keep refusing to sit for the kind of portrait western warmongers want so badly to paint.

Good for them. :)

Those god-durned Iranians just keep refusing to sit for the kind of portrait western warmongers want so badly to paint.

Good for them. :)

I would not be so sure. Iran is not known for its honesty in nuclear negotiations. I don’t think for one second that this is going to work. I could be wrong, I HOPE I am wrong but alas I doubt it.

The Iranians are known for their dishonesty on this issue. They have given up nothing and gotten everything in exchange. They have played Obama in the wake of his grossly incompetent performance on Syria. Only dedicated Israel-haters see any victory here.
The only good thing about the Obama Administation is that it is realigning the Middle East. Now Saudi Arabia and Israel have identical interests.

At least this gang of dimocrap idiots didn't GIVE them the means to produce Fissionable Material like the rapist's regime did.

Anybody that thinks the Iranians won't try to hit Israel as soon as they develop a nuke and can put it on a delivery system is brain dead. Which includes 99% of dimocraps.

The Saudis are pissed, so are the Kuwaitis, the Iraqis will now go 100% into the Iranian camp, the Israelis are pissed, and they might get scared and try to hit the Iranian production facilities buried deep underground.

At which they will fail. Oh, they'll hit them, but they won't destroy them.

Then Iran gets pissed and launches an all out War against Israel.

Israel can probably handle them but not until Iran closes down the most important Oil transportation waterway on Earth and sends gasoline to $7 a gallon here. IF.... You can can even get it.

Of course, with the Stuttering Clusterfuck closing down most of the permitting process on Federal Lands, with the Gulf of Mexico Oil Production way down.......

These people aren't stupid in one way, they're stupid and incompetent in every imaginable way.

But..... So are the people who voted for him.

The Iranians will put on quite the show, but will not cooperate smoothly. This deal has no punch. If they really wanted to get their attention, the mere threat of military action would do the trick. When Bush invaded Iraq in 2003, the Iranians feared America would come after them next, so they halted their nuclear program.

In the meantime, I predict liberals here will try to somehow use this as a cover for the failure of Obamacare.

Barry was taught to hate "the jews" in Revrund Wright's church so this comes as no surprise.....he gets his miserable lying ass off on another subject and his media puppets play along. The Swifties made it clear who John Kerry is....a worthless lying bum, same as Barry. So he sells out Israel and but keeps the jewish bankers in his pocket by reminding them Holder can indict them in a heartbeat, and fakes out the GOP on Iran. It should also be remembered Iran sent material aid and militia into Iraq to kill GIs....nothing has changed with the mullahs or their new salesman PM. The IDF is now left isolated and alone....that's dangerous for the entire ME.....they will act to defend themselves and they're about to.....Maybe this is the plan the WH will use to divert the American public completely from the rest of it's criminal untertakings.

As I understand it this is a temporary six month deal and Iran still reserves the right to go back to enriching uranium something the west very much wants them to give up maybe they can work that part out in the next six months but I would not hold my breath.

As I understand it this is a temporary six month deal and Iran still reserves the right to go back to enriching uranium something the west very much wants them to give up maybe they can work that part out in the next six months but I would not hold my breath.

Why would they? It will be nearly impossible to reimpose sanctions. The Iranians will agree to talk more, nothing more than that.

The Iranians are known for their dishonesty on this issue. They have given up nothing and gotten everything in exchange. They have played Obama in the wake of his grossly incompetent performance on Syria. Only dedicated Israel-haters see any victory here.
The only good thing about the Obama Administation is that it is realigning the Middle East. Now Saudi Arabia and Israel have identical interests.

The Butthurt is strong with this one.

Certainly we should all trust the Iranians.:lol:

Sorry, no war for you. Boo hoo.

Iran , if it gets a nuke, won't just pop off and use it against Israel. Only lunatics say this.

Iran hasn't started a war in thousands of years.

Israel and the US , however, start them all the time.

Iran clearly feels the need to better protect itself in case a warmonger GOPer gets in the White House again.

Our aggression towards them is the problem, and its the root cause of their nuclear ambitions.

th

I figured that Obama would come up with something to remove the Obamacare headlines and this appears to be his latest attempt.

Obama claims to have a deal with Iran to halt their nuke production.

John Kerry says this is just the beginning. Where have we heard this before.

Unfortunately nothing Obama does can be trusted. In his desperation to change the subject and it appears that contrary to the objections of every country in the region, Obama has made this conditional agreement without taking anyone else's advice. Kerry says that this only locks their program where it is today. He claims we will be allowed to monitor everything.

Bullshit.

This is yet another political move that means jack shit. They are of the belief that something is better than nothing.

Well, this is all about nothing.

Hassan-Rowhani130617.jpg

The Obama Administration, eagerly seeking a deal on Iran’s nuclear program, is now signaling that it will ease the sanctions that finally forced Tehran to the negotiating table.

On Thursday, White House press secretary Jay Carney said that the Obama Administration is considering the easing of some sanctions to further advance negotiations with Tehran.

In fact, the White House has already chosen to lighten Iran’s sanctions burden by slowing the implementation of existing sanctions and delaying congressional legislation that would impose new sanctions. Eli Lake and Josh Rogin reported in today’s Daily Beast that the Administration began softening sanctions after the June election of Hassan Rouhani by slowing the pace of designating Iranian front companies, individuals, ships, and aircraft as sanctions violators.

The Administration has also lobbied Congress to postpone any new sanctions to avoid disrupting the current round of negotiations with Iran. But this is a gross misreading of the situation. The prospect of new sanctions would enhance American bargaining leverage with Iran and increase the chances that an acceptable agreement can be negotiated with the recalcitrant regime in Tehran.​

Iran Gains Sanctions Relief from the Obama Administration | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

Last edited:

Forum List

Back