Iran Newspaper holds a Holocaust Cartoon Contest.

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
This is Freedom of Speech right there. Im amazed that an Iranian newspaper is the one who gets it out of all the muslims in the Arab world. They get to rip Jews and they dont have to kill anyone. By George i think they get it. Well some anyway.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18066746-1702,00.html?from=rss

Iran to publish Holocaust cartoons
February 07, 2006

IRAN'S largest selling newspaper announced today it was holding a contest on cartoons of the Holocaust in response to the publishing in European papers of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed.

"It will be an international cartoon contest about the Holocaust," said Farid Mortazavi, the graphics editor for Hamshahri newspaper - which is published by Teheran's conservative municipality.
He said the plan was to turn the tables on the assertion that newspapers can print offensive material in the name of freedom of expression.

"The Western papers printed these sacrilegious cartoons on the pretext of freedom of expression, so let's see if they mean what they say and also print these Holocaust cartoons," he said.

Iran's fiercely anti-Israeli regime is supportive of so-called Holocaust revisionist historians, who maintain the systematic slaughter by the Nazis of mainland Europe's Jews as well as other groups during World War II has been either invented or exaggerated.

Iran's hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad prompted international anger when he dismissed the systematic slaughter by the Nazis of mainland Europe's Jews as a "myth" used to justify the creation of Israel.

Mr Mortazavi said tomorrow's edition of the paper will invite cartoonists to enter the competition, with "private individuals" offering gold coins to the best 12 artists - the same number of cartoons that appeared in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten.
Last week, the Iranian foreign ministry also invited British Prime Minister Tony Blair to Teheran to take part in a planned conference on the Holocaust, even though the idea has been branded by Mr Blair as "shocking, ridiculous, stupid".

Mr Blair also said Mr Ahmadinejad "should come and see the evidence of the Holocaust himself in the countries of Europe", to which Iran responded by saying it was willing to send a team of "independent investigators".

insein said:
This is Freedom of Speech right there. Im amazed that an Iranian newspaper is the one who gets it out of all the muslims in the Arab world. They get to rip Jews and they dont have to kill anyone. By George i think they get it. Well some anyway.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18066746-1702,00.html?from=rss

We could stage a fake riot and act all crazy so they would really think they "got" us. "oh the pain"

When Kyle's cousin Kyle said he was having trouble concentrating in that dry classroom, Eric Cartman said that maybe he should be sent to concentration camp. Yeah, they went there, and it was distasteful, but it was funny, and bad taste isn't illegal. Let them draw their stupid Holocaust cartoons. I really don't care. When we blow their chunk of desert off this planet, I think Holocaust cartoons will be at the bottom of reasons why.

I see the comparison. A picture of Mohammad v a picture of millions of people dying....

Avatar, I can't help be curious how you chose the handle "avatar"? It's a Hindu religious term signifying the incarnation of a deity. Each major Hindu deity has many avatars, each of which has many famous stories associated with him or her. All these are of course just considered to be aspects of a single, incomprehensibly complex, God.

Are you an avatar of a Hindu god or something else?

Mariner.

P.S. On topic--I agree with all of you. It's a ridiculous stunt, and the hatred--in both directions--never seems to end.

Mariner said:
Avatar, I can't help be curious how you chose the handle "avatar"? It's a Hindu religious term signifying the incarnation of a deity. Each major Hindu deity has many avatars, each of which has many famous stories associated with him or her. All these are of course just considered to be aspects of a single, incomprehensibly complex, God.

Are you an avatar of a Hindu god or something else?

Mariner.

P.S. On topic--I agree with all of you. It's a ridiculous stunt, and the hatred--in both directions--never seems to end.

An avatar is an incarnation of any diety. Its just the hindu word for it.

Am I a god? well i think sometimes i think so. Doesn't ever man?

Seriously though i took it from a computer game. Quite frankly i just really love that game. and yes i knew what it meant before I choose it. it just always seemed appropriate for some reason.

8236 said:
Speaking of avatars, is this one acceptable on this board? Or am I heading for a beheading with it?

I have no problem with it. I definately wont cut off your head. stay clear of Lorena Bobbit though.

From and Iranian newspaper:
"Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said the West's publication of the Prophet Muhammad cartoons was an Israeli conspiracy motivated by anger over the victory of the militant Hamas group in the Palestinian elections last month. "The West condemns any denial of the Jewish holocaust, but it permits the insult of Islamic sanctities," Khamenei said.

I thought the cartoons were first published BEFORE the palestinian election?

Personally Im glad this is happening. Not too many deaths and yet it is a MAJOR showing of their true colors. This is the CONTROL they want over other countries, imagine the control they will have if they take any/all of them over, as their stated plan.

Yea, its pretty funny, they actually think the press will get upset about holocaust cartoons? Its already been established here in the US that Nazis can hold marches, etc etc, etc. The contest will also backfire on them, these people are just emotionally driven, evil STUPID fanatics.

An avatar is an incarnation of any diety. Its just the hindu word for it.

Am I a god? well i think sometimes i think so. Doesn't ever man?

Seriously though i took it from a computer game. Quite frankly i just really love that game. and yes i knew what it meant before I choose it. it just always seemed appropriate for some reason.

Be careful...the Hindus might chase you down and try to beat you.

GotZoom said:

Ive already had some indian guys hit on me online. they dont seem to get that i only like women.

back on topic though:

Anyone else think that its kind of funny that some secularist draw pictures mocking Mohammad and the Iranians respond with pictures of jews being killed. Is that supposed to get back on the secularists somehow?

Ive already had some indian guys hit on me online. they dont seem to get that i only like women.

back on topic though:

Anyone else think that its kind of funny that some secularist draw pictures mocking Mohammad and the Iranians respond with pictures of jews being killed. Is that supposed to get back on the secularists somehow?

Muslims are good at mocking jews--maybe they're trying to get some real quality cartoons . :dunno:

manu1959 said:
my thoughts exactly.....

easy--they draw pictures of jews faking thier own deaths-
and we're trying to expect muslims to understand free speech---hell, American liberals don't even get it.

dilloduck said:
easy--they draw pictures of jews faking thier own deaths-
and we're trying to expect muslims to understand free speech---hell, American liberals don't even get it.

muslim's and liberals understand free speech...it is free if you agree with them

GotZoom said:
The Hindus, like the Buddhists that followed, like the Jews, like the Christians, are not by nature violent. With the possible exception of the Buddhists, I wouldn't push any of them too far. Only the Islamists though, seems to go ballastic instead of considering that their might, possibly be a differing point of view.

When was the last time the Arabs said, "Gee, Israel needs to exist, what boundaries might WE come up with?"

contain some pretty sordid stories of God exhorting the Jews to kill innocents in order to reclaim their "promised land." The Christian history of ugly burnings and torturer of "heretics" is well-documented. Yes, certain sects of Hinduism and Buddhism (e.g. Tibetan Buddhism and Jainism) are far more committed to peace than most religions, but...

I still don't think it's right to say that people are such and such "by nature." I think it's much more likely that particular circumstances bring out certain aspects of people's personalities.

Consider the famous Stanford prison experiment, where normal undergraduates were placed in the roles of jailors and prisoners in an artificial prison. Even though they all knew it was a game, the experiment had to be stopped after just a few days (rather than the expected few weeks) because the jailors were behaving sadistically towards the prisoners, who were themselves going to pieces under the stress.

Or consider all the "normal" people who became vicious Nazis when the situation made it possible.

I think we have to acknowledge--as all the Israeli thinkers about the Holocaust do, and as my Hindu beliefs also urge me to--that we all have the capacity for severe evil in us. If Muslims in their current world situation are showing particular evil at this time, then we have to find ways to address that. Saying that they are bad "by nature" certainly doesn't address it in any useful way--what solution does that offer besides Jay Severin's--"kill them all."?

Mariner.

Forum List

Back