Iran Fights - Obama Slights

I think we can all agree Iran sucks. For lack of a more eloquent term.

What assurances would you like to give them? That if they take over 100 blocks of Tehran we'll drop the 101st? That if they take over this or that we'll air drop M-16's? Would you like our military to walk on over from Iraq?

As much as I disagree with the "strong" "manly" options I understand the motivations for either. Just a limit to our military power.

I'll side with us COVERTLY supporting any destabilizing of Iran by less anti-western factions is probably a good idea. Unless analysts think even more hard America haters will take power. So effectively I'd say sneak the opposition some funds. Give them more cell phones and maybe make sure western satellite tv is available in every corner of the middle east. Anything to drag them into even the 20th century.

What do you think Obama should do?

Did you see this from October?

"The Obama administration has cut funding for pro-democracy and human rights programs in Iran, reversing years of efforts during the Bush administration to help develop a civil society, congressional sources told Newsmax this week.

The move is apparently intended to please Iran’s rulers after they criticized President Obama and the State Department for allegedly seeking to fund a “velvet revolution” during the June presidential elections in Iran."

Can-You-Hear-Us-Now!: Obama Cuts Pro-Democracy Funds for Iran

Would you consider this a step in the right, no pun intended, direction?

"President Obama, who undermines his credibility by vacillating between remaining strategically outside of the fray and inserting himself in it by telling Iranians that the whole world is watching, ..."
The Fire Last Time by Daniel J. Flynn, City Journal 24 June 2009

If that is true...Good Lord!!!!

This administration continues to be a marvel of anti-Americanism while holding its highest office...

So, the right wants to cut health care here but spend money on Iran?

Just turn on your TV and it's all over the news.

The majority of Iranians are feed up with the criminal actions of the protesters.

Either you werent watching close enough, or you are conveniently leaving out important facts about that protest. Dont you think its important to mention that almost all government employees that were told to take the day off and go protest?

Why do muslims like Sunni always lie? Isnt it bad enough that muslims stink and worship a false god?

Iranian astro turf...

"The Obama administration has cut funding for pro-democracy and human rights programs in Iran, reversing years of efforts during the Bush administration to help develop a civil society, congressional sources told Newsmax this week.

The move is apparently intended to please Iran’s rulers after they criticized President Obama and the State Department for allegedly seeking to fund a “velvet revolution” during the June presidential elections in Iran."

"President Obama, who undermines his credibility by vacillating between remaining strategically outside of the fray and inserting himself in it by telling Iranians that the whole world is watching, ..."

This administration continues to be a marvel of anti-Americanism while holding its highest office...

Yes. One is more important that the other. Weve gotten along just fine without universal health care, but ignoring Iran has had disastrous repurcussions, but you wouldnt understand that because you have no idea how things outside our country effect us. You should read more.

Yes. One is more important that the other. Weve gotten along just fine without universal health care, but ignoring Iran has had disastrous repurcussions, but you wouldnt understand that because you have no idea how things outside our country effect us. You should read more.

:clap2:

Yeah tell that to the American who have died because they were uninsured or have had certain treatments denied to them by their health care insurance provider, meanwhile I keep awaiting the Iranian higgins boats to land at Coney Island.

Iran's fight is not our fight.

Not until a nuke splatters Israel all over the middle east, then you be the first on the transport over, we did our time!

Mike

If Iran nukes Israel it would be mutually assured destruction, Israel has nukes, and also we should not be Israel's attack dog, any problem they have with Iran is their problem not ours.

Yeah tell that to the American who have died because they were uninsured or have had certain treatments denied to them by their health care insurance provider, meanwhile I keep awaiting the Iranian higgins boats to land at Coney Island.

I wouldnt go throwing it in their face, but it doesnt change the fact that universal health care is FAR less important than stopping Iran from getting a nuke, for example.

I wouldnt go throwing it in their face, but it doesnt change the fact that universal health care is FAR less important than stopping Iran from getting a nuke, for example.

Universal health care would actually prove far more destructive to the US than Iranian nukes...

Universal health care would actually prove far more destructive to the US than Iranian nukes...

This is a really good point and im pissed you thought of it before me.

YES!!! We must prevent Americans from being able to go to the doctor!!!!! Lets attack Iran instead.

YES!!! We must prevent Americans from being able to go to the doctor!!!!! Lets attack Iran instead.

Anyone can go to the doctor any time they want, even if they dont have money.

facepalm.jpg

Last edited:

I'm not sure Iran is even close to getting a nuke.

There is the likelyhood that Iran, if it used a nuke, would use it on Arabia, home of the 9/11 bombers, home of Bush's kissing buddy (hands so soft, imagine what the lips are like).

Maybe Obama knows more about Iran's nuclear program than he lets on? Maybe that's why the US suddenly knows so much about it?

TEHRAN (Reuters) -- Iran accused Saudi Arabia today of handing over to the United States an Iranian nuclear scientist missing since June, the semi-official Mehr news agency said.

Iran Says Saudis Handed Missing Scientist To U.S. - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty © 2009

Personally, I wonder if Iran can even develop a nuclear bomb. After all, it's the religious who control the country and we know from here, that they are not into science.

In the meantime, 40,000 Americans a year die from lack of health care. I can't go, "ho hum, so what" like Republicans. That bothers me.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not sure Iran is even close to getting a nuke.

There is the likelyhood that Iran, if it used a nuke, would use it on Arabia, home of the 9/11 bombers, home of Bush's kissing buddy (hands so soft, imagine what the lips are like).

Maybe Obama knows more about Iran's nuclear program than he lets on? Maybe that's why the US suddenly knows so much about it?

TEHRAN (Reuters) -- Iran accused Saudi Arabia today of handing over to the United States an Iranian nuclear scientist missing since June, the semi-official Mehr news agency said.

Iran Says Saudis Handed Missing Scientist To U.S. - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty © 2009

Personally, I wonder if Iran can even develop a nuclear bomb. After all, it's the religious who control the country and we know from here, that they are not into science.

So then you are saying universal health care is more important than preventing millions of people from being incinerated by a nuke? Please, share more of these pearls of wisdom with us. Its quite entertaining.

The wheel is turning, but the hamster is definitely dead.

Deanie, when I chose you as "least likely to complete finger painting class," I had no idea how prescient I was!

If you were even of normal intelligence, I might engage you on why changing the best healthcare in the world is a good idea, or question exactly what bowl of alphabet soup informed you that "the right wants to cut health care," but considering you disabilities, I'll continue cosseting.

On the bright side, I don't see anyone on the board challenging you for your position as
'poster who subtracts from the sum of human knowledge merely by opening his mouth'.

Deanie, when I chose you as "least likely to complete finger painting class," I had no idea how prescient I was!

If you were even of normal intelligence, I might engage you on why changing the best healthcare in the world is a good idea, or question exactly what bowl of alphabet soup informed you that "the right wants to cut health care," but considering you disabilities, I'll continue cosseting.

On the bright side, I don't see anyone on the board challenging you for your position as
'poster who subtracts from the sum of human knowledge merely by opening his mouth'.[/
QUOTE]

Ouch!!! :lol:

'poster who subtracts from the sum of human knowledge merely by opening his mouth'.

Damn....I am so hot now.

To think that a woman this smart exists!!!!:cool:

Forum List

Back