Iran Demands Hollywood Apology for 'Insulting' Movies

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
TEHRAN, Iran — An adviser to Iran's president on Sunday demanded an apology from a team of visiting Hollywood actors and movie industry officials, including Annette Bening, saying films such as "300" and "The Wrestler" were "insulting" to Iranians.

Without an apology, members of Iran's film industry should refuse to meet with representatives from the nine-member team, said Javad Shamaqdari, the art and cinema adviser to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"In my viewpoint, it is a failure to have an official meeting with one who is insulting," Shamaqdari told The Associated Press

FOXNews.com - Iran Demands Hollywood Apology for 'Insulting' Movies - Iran | Map | News

so, will the bitches apologize or not? I'm betting they grovel like beggars and kiss some butt.

I think Sean Penn and Danny Glover are getting their passports ready now.

TEHRAN, Iran — An adviser to Iran's president on Sunday demanded an apology from a team of visiting Hollywood actors and movie industry officials, including Annette Bening, saying films such as "300" and "The Wrestler" were "insulting" to Iranians.

Without an apology, members of Iran's film industry should refuse to meet with representatives from the nine-member team, said Javad Shamaqdari, the art and cinema adviser to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"In my viewpoint, it is a failure to have an official meeting with one who is insulting," Shamaqdari told The Associated Press

FOXNews.com - Iran Demands Hollywood Apology for 'Insulting' Movies - Iran | Map | News

so, will the bitches apologize or not? I'm betting they grovel like beggars and kiss some butt.

Well after hollyweird gets done apologizing to Iran, they can come back to America and apologize to us next, for producing such filthy films like Slambutt Mountain, and being such an absolute toilet diving, immoral, shit stain of an example for the rest of America to watch.

Last edited:
I think it's been 20 years since I paid to watch a Movie. I wait until it's on TV and then only a few I will watch. Hollywood, just isnt' holly anymore...all splinter's!

Hollywood political correctness is the main reason why I refuse to see The Sum of All Fears, other than the fact that chick flick actress Ben Afflick stars as Jack Ryan--clearly an insult to all die-hard Tom Clancy fans. The book's plot involves an Iranian terrorist attack on US soil using WMDs. Hollywood changed the storyline to a plot by Russian terrorists seeking to rekindle the Cold War. The original story, as written by Tom Clancy, would have been a more contemporary one in the aftermath of 9/11. Instead, Hollywood sought to avoid offending Muslims, the Middle East, and God knows who else by watering down the original story.

300 is based on well-established legend. It's not something fabricated to generate hate towards Muslims, Iran or Persia (I find it interesting that Iran comes across as claiming exclusive rights to all things Persian when the actual Persian Empire included much of modern day Turkey, Iraq, Jordan, Syria, etc.) Legends don't have much kick without a bad guy. And, fact of the matter is that Xerxes was a pretty brutal king. His invasion of Greece was based purely on revenge for the Greek victory at Marathon. His goal wasn't simply to conquer Athens, Naxos and Eretria, his goal was to punish and brutalize its people. Fact is that the Battle of Thremopylae was a turning point even though the Persians defeated King Leonidas and his 300 Spartan warriors. It cost him dearly later in the war.

Interesting to see how the spineless, politically-correct, tree-hugging crybaby executives in Hollywood react to this.

No American would be surprised if they did...

It would be stupid for them to apologize. Movies are entertainment and we have the freedom to make what ever kind of movies we want. Apologizing for our movies would be like apologizing for our freedom.

Nah...if GWB were still president then they would be groveling and kissing ass to spread their pity party propaganda. Since Oblah blah is now in charge,they will try to be all "macho" and above it all. Hollywood Libs are stupid tools.

On a related story (may be the same one but don't have time to invest in reading it) one country helped make "Slumdog Millionaire(s?)", but they protested that movie after it was released just because it had the word "dog" in the title. While the movie content told about their lives and even made them look good, they still protested it. How's that for stupid?

I remeber in the 80's the wrestler Iranian Shiek. Hell him and SGT. Slaughter would always mess which each others flags. Do Iranians think Big time wrestling is real? LOL

I remeber in the 80's the wrestler Iranian Shiek. Hell him and SGT. Slaughter would always mess which each others flags. Do Iranians think Big time wrestling is real? LOL

You mean.....it's......not........real?? :eek:

It would be stupid for them to apologize. Movies are entertainment and we have the freedom to make what ever kind of movies we want. Apologizing for our movies would be like apologizing for our freedom.

They would like us to apologize for that too.

Hollywood political correctness is the main reason why I refuse to see The Sum of All Fears, other than the fact that chick flick actress Ben Afflick stars as Jack Ryan--clearly an insult to all die-hard Tom Clancy fans. The book's plot involves an Iranian terrorist attack on US soil using WMDs. Hollywood changed the storyline to a plot by Russian terrorists seeking to rekindle the Cold War. The original story, as written by Tom Clancy, would have been a more contemporary one in the aftermath of 9/11. Instead, Hollywood sought to avoid offending Muslims, the Middle East, and God knows who else by watering down the original story.

300 is based on well-established legend. It's not something fabricated to generate hate towards Muslims, Iran or Persia (I find it interesting that Iran comes across as claiming exclusive rights to all things Persian when the actual Persian Empire included much of modern day Turkey, Iraq, Jordan, Syria, etc.) Legends don't have much kick without a bad guy. And, fact of the matter is that Xerxes was a pretty brutal king. His invasion of Greece was based purely on revenge for the Greek victory at Marathon. His goal wasn't simply to conquer Athens, Naxos and Eretria, his goal was to punish and brutalize its people. Fact is that the Battle of Thremopylae was a turning point even though the Persians defeated King Leonidas and his 300 Spartan warriors. It cost him dearly later in the war.

Interesting to see how the spineless, politically-correct, tree-hugging crybaby executives in Hollywood react to this.

Before you speak, Persian, know that in Sparta, everyone, even a king's messenger, are held accountable for the words of his voice. Now, what message do you bring? :cool:

They would like us to apologize for that too.

Which is why Hollyboner will do it.

They'll apologize to a nation that hates us, because they hate us, too.

"Well after hollyweird gets done apologizing to Iran, they can come back to America and apologize to us next, for producing such filthy films like Slambutt Mountain, and being such an absolute toilet diving, immoral, shit stain of an example for the rest of America to watch."

That was on Pale Rider's comment. I agree. We are fighting a holy war; it is just that our side is against holiness and their is not. Holiness is simply doing things God's way. The primary message of the Qur'an is to follow the whole Bible. Jesus said to live by EVERY word of God. That is agreement; the rest we can resolved by "It is written" in the holy books. The Bible mentions waring swearing like a garment. That is what we see when we ignore the love of God's word.

Forum List

Back