Iran Breaks Seals

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Wonder if Hell will break loose?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...7.xml&sSheet=/portal/2004/07/27/ixportal.html

excerpt:

Iran starts atom tests in defiance of EU deal
By Anton La Guardia, Diplomatic Editor
(Filed: 27/07/2004)

Iran has broken the seals on nuclear equipment monitored by United Nations inspectors and is once again building and testing machines that could make fissile material for nuclear weapons.

Teheran's move, revealed to The Daily Telegraph yesterday by western sources, breaks a deal with European countries under which Iran suspended "all uranium enrichment activity".

It will also exacerbate fears that the regional power is determined to make an atomic bomb within a few years.

Enrichment is the most controversial part of Iran's "peaceful" nuclear programme because the same technology used to make low-enriched uranium to fuel nuclear reactors can be used to refine material for bombs.

America has in recent weeks renewed its call for Iran to be referred to the UN Security Council for possible sanctions.

Maybe if Israel dumps their nukes, these other nations won't pursue them so hard. Israel needs to give up their nukes. It creates an imbalance and I really don't blame other nations in the region for pursuing self-preservation.

TheOne said:
Maybe if Israel dumps their nukes, these other nations won't pursue them so hard. Israel needs to give up their nukes. It creates an imbalance and I really don't blame other nations in the region for pursuing self-preservation.

concerning Iran, it wouldn't matter whether Israel has nukes or not. Iran is already on record saying they would destroy Israel regardless.

TheOne said:

Israel NEVER attacks unless provoked. That's not their style. They didn't 'start' the war with the arabs living near by...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

DKSuddeth said:
concerning Iran, it wouldn't matter whether Israel has nukes or not. Iran is already on record saying they would destroy Israel regardless.

TheOne said:

Come on dude! Iran will always be the aggressor against Israel. Nukes or none. The only thing that can be sure is that if Iran does get nukes then Israel will have to take protective actions. Iran getting nukes is like Brittney Spears getting pregnant, only she and her husband (Iran and it's allies) want it to happen

DKSuddeth said:

So why give Iran any rationale at all for building a nuke? Israel should disarm and the Middle East should be nuke free. There is no justification. That region is way to unstable for any of the nations to have any forms of WMD. Israel is no exception.

TheOne said:
So why give Iran any rationale at all for building a nuke? Israel should disarm and the Middle East should be nuke free. There is no justification. That region is way to unstable for any of the nations to have any forms of WMD. Israel is no exception.

Umm, because it's one small island surrounded by enemies? The only way to defend itself is to be the best armed?

TheOne said:

no doubt the middle east should be nuke free, but it never will be with nations like Iran. In their determination to destroy a non-muslim nation they are going with the best means possible. Nuclear weapons. theres no doubt that once nuclear weapons capability is obtained that Iran will launch at Israel, whether Israel has nukes or not.

DKSuddeth said:
no doubt the middle east should be nuke free, but it never will be with nations like Iran. In their determination to destroy a non-muslim nation they are going with the best means possible. Nuclear weapons. theres no doubt that once nuclear weapons capability is obtained that Iran will launch at Israel, whether Israel has nukes or not.

I agree and the sad part is is that Israels posession of them will NOT be a deterrent. Iran will launch anyway.

TheOne said:

For the same reason that no body is going to fuck with a paranoid guy with a gun. Israel's nukes insure peace on a national scale. Countries like Iran will stay at bay if they are outgunned. Dealing with Palestine is a book in itself, but one day it will be a history book; they won't be able to stand up to a full assault.

-=d=- said:
Israel NEVER attacks unless provoked. That's not their style. They didn't 'start' the war with the arabs living near by...

Depends on what you call provocation--They took out Iraqs nuke.

TheOne said:

The following article from Al-Jazeera gives an indication of Iran's threatening to wipe Israel off the map if their nuclear bomb sites are destroyed. It seems that Israel is really worried about this Iranian threat and are shaking in their boots.

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=2877

Israel will be "wiped off map" if it attacks Iran
7/27/2004 12:05:00 PM GMT

Iran will wipe Israel "off the face of the earth" if it dared to attack the Islamic republic's nuclear facilities, a spokesman for Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guards was quoted as saying.

“The United States is showing off by threatening to use its wild dog, Israel," the public relations head of the Revolutionary Guards, Commander Seyed Masood Jazayeri, was quoted as saying by the Iranian student news agency ISNA.

"They will not hesitate to strike Iran if they are capable of it. However, their threats to attack Iran’s nuclear facilities cannot be realized. They are aware Tehran's reaction will be so harsh that Israel will be wiped off the face of the earth and U.S. interests will be easily damaged," he warned.

The commander asserted that Iran would not initiate a conflict, but in retaliation to any attack has proved itself to be "harsh, assertive, hard-hitting and destructive."

Iran's controversial bid to generate nuclear power is seen by arch-enemies Israel and the United States as a cover for nuclear weapons development, allegations that Iran denies.

TheOne said:

You any relation to Jimmy Carter?

TheOne said:
I wish I could say yes to that, but no I am not.

I'll bet you are a blood relations to Bozo the Clown. Bozo told a friend, to tell his second cousin that Israel should give up their atomic invention so that Iran will simply say, okay, Israel disarmed itself and now we can be like everyone else.

Then we Iranians want to sing 'Can't We All Just Get Along and It's A Small World Afterall.'

Here is a small experiment that I performed when I was much younger. One of my younger sisters was very active in a particular anti war/anti nuke organisation. We would get into some very interesting discussions (read heated arguments) about nuclear disarmament etc. During one of these debates she asked me to prove that disarmament would not work. I asked her to give me 24 hours to prove my point.

I invited the one person (who happened to be a girl and college classmate) whom my sister absolutley detested to come to our house. It took some convincing, but she agreed to show up at the appointed time. Once she appeared, my sister went ballistic (much to my delight) and the other girl became quite upset as well. Before the actual fist fight could start, I handed each a fist sized rock and stepped in between the two. Obviously both were very irate.

I then began to talk to both, telling my sister that if she would only put her rock down, her classmate would do like wise. My sister was adamant about keeping her rock as was the classmate. After much arguing, threatning and cajoling neither would relinquish their arms.

I then simply told my sister "Now you understand the inherent issues relating to nuclear disarmament!" and walked away. Eventually the classmate left, wiht both her and my sister still holding on to their rocks.

I later sent the classmate a thank you note (she was quite perplexed at that) and my sister agreed that she had a new perspective on the issue.

Not that it might not be a good suggestion, but it seems in this case the blame comes down to the BIG 3, not having the power to make the US close the file on Iranian nuke production. Just what France needed, international requests for them to act as US counterweight in UN:

http://washingtontimes.com/world/20040731-105055-5916r.htm

TEHRAN — A defiant Iran yesterday said it had resumed building nuclear centrifuges, saying the move was retaliation for the failure of three European powers to get its file closed at the U.N. nuclear watchdog.

The announcement by Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi hardened the lines between Iran and the United States, which has been pushing to take Iran's nuclear program to the U.N. Security Council.

Forum List

Back