i bet those iraqis sure are happy to be free

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by spillmind, Jul 28, 2004.

1. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    You can't be serious.

3. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Bush did not bring terrorism to Iraq. There were terrorists all over Iraq during Saddam's rule, but they did not attack because Saddam was friendly towards terrorists who targeted the West. Now that the new Iraqi government is friendly towards the West, they are themselves a target of the many terrorists inside its own borders.

The US is not more of a terrorist target. When was the last terrorist attack on US soil?

While I certainly don't want any US troops killed or wounded (especially since i have several friends over there) 900 killed and 6000 wounded in 1 1/2 years is almost nothing. Consider the tens of thousands that died in the Battle of Antietam in one day.

And many Iraqis have died. Yet I don't see mass revolts in the streets of Iraqi cities demanding that Saddam or another dictator be reinstated. The longer Iraq is a democracy, the stronger its people will stand against terrorism. That's why the terrorists are trying so hard to attack Iraq's new government now, before it has a chance to take hold.

4. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
  5. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    No, terrorists went to Iraq, Bush didn't "bring" them. Then they mostly died.

And honorably, right?

Less deaths than in any period in Iraqi history before Saddam was deposed.

Again, far less than in any conflict started by their own government under Saddam.

Sounds terrible!

Maybe we'll stick around then.

6. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    do you have any way of proving that saddam supported terrorists like you claim? and if they aren't attacking anyone, how are they terrorists?

so you are saying there will never be another attack on our soil in retaliation for our aggressive behavior in the ME? if you're not saying this, why try to make this a point?

i don't think it's almost NOTHING. i bet their families don't either. and iraq is not vietnam. so why bother trying to trivialize their deaths?

try mobilizing any kind of protest UNDER MARTIAL LAW. i know you're more intelligent than that. are you saying iraq is a democracy UNDER MARTIAL LAW? if they are a democracy, it certainly doesn't resemble anything of our system. save for the puppetmasters.

btw, the jesus shtick is a nice touch. really smoothes things over.

:laugh: again, if they weren't attacking anyone before, how were they terrorists? are you speaking firsthand on the intent of thousands of people you're never met and never seen? oh, that's right, our government says so, right?

honorably, yes. for a honorable cause? you tell me.

i assume you are talking since the CIA made sure the Ba'ath party was installed? i don't recall 40,000+ deaths anytime recently between the first gulf war and this 'war'. care to refresh our memory? or can we call this statement official PROPAGANDA?

yes, better get used to it. funny how i don't remember anybody saying we are going to be there for years, possibly decades to come when they were pushing so hard to invade. we've already proven the humanitarian reason a complete farce, because the US ignores Sudan. let me guess, this time around, we are blaming the UN for that, right? how convenient. too bad some people actually believe that nonsense.

7. MJDuncan1982

MJDuncan1982 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Great point with Sudan. For those who champion the moral argument for the war in Iraq it seems they must be for going into Sudan and helping out there. Minus the moral argument you're left with the two real reasons: WMD and terrorism - both are questionable enough to necessitate not rushing to war.

8. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's a shame spillmind is so anti-freedom, oh well....

9. Sandy73

Sandy73 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  10. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    :laugh: did you think of that one all by yourself? GET REAL, MAN. i'm not stating anything that isn't true. it's amazing how you can block out the truth so that it fits your rose-colored view of iraq. debate a point or get out of the peanut gallery.

you care to explain? i thought not, and i rest my case. pretty easy to condemn something without even arguing your side. not unpredictable, however.