Iran Breaks Seals

Anything that helps lead to the opening of Iran has to be good. I remember whey the death penalty was taken off the table, I wonder if he will be allowed to return to the university?

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=557234&section=news

Iranian dissident released from jail
Sat 31 July, 2004 20:48

By Parinoosh Arami

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's leading academic dissident Hashem Aghajari has been freed on bail after two years in jail facing the death penalty for telling Iranians not to follow their clerical leaders like "monkeys".

Students took to the streets in violent protests in 2002 after the history lecturer, who lost a leg in the 1980-1988 war with Iraq, was sentenced to hang for blasphemy.

Kathianne said:
Not that it might not be a good suggestion, but it seems in this case the blame comes down to the BIG 3, not having the power to make the US close the file on Iranian nuke production. Just what France needed, international requests for them to act as US counterweight in UN:

http://washingtontimes.com/world/20040731-105055-5916r.htm

Kathianne, if I am reading your post correctly, you are saying that the Big 3 nations are to blame for not having the power over the USA which continues watching the Iranian nuclear weapons program progress.

It is my impression that it is not only the US that is watching and monitoring Iran's nuclear weapon production. Israel is in more immediate danger from the Muslim led government of Iran and is also watching Iran very closely.

IMHO the only way to close the books on Iran's nuclear weapons program is to bring an end to it from the sky. (similar to Iraq's program in 1971).

Iran is the main Arab supplier of weapons (conventional and unconventional) to their proxies in Gaza and Southern Lebanon. Israel is not unaware of this activity and will have to decide upon a course of action.

They have to decide whether the world's screams and the Muslim's world rage is sufficient to keep Israel from destroying Iran and even Syria's behind the scenes plodding to destruction of this small state country.

France, Germany, England, Russia and the USA may want a peaceful resolution or appeasement but Israel is a bit more pragmatic. The near future will establish the end of the Iranian and Syrian plan for cleansing mankind of life.

ajwps said:
Kathianne, if I am reading your post correctly, you are saying that the Big 3 nations are to blame for not having the power over the USA which continues watching the Iranian nuclear weapons program progress.

It is my impression that it is not only the US that is watching and monitoring Iran's nuclear weapon production. Israel is in more immediate danger from the Muslim led government of Iran and is also watching Iran very closely.

No, it's Iran that wishes for the Euros to be able to put more pressure on 'putting the US down.' The 3 would be England, France, and Germany. Did you read the article or just my blurb?

I've gotta hunch that the arabian world may be the ones to put pressure in Iran to chill out. IF Iran continues the build up Israel will surely bomb the site . With the Arabs in no position to mount a counter attack, thier weakness in the region will become embarassingly apparent. It won't be a good thing for the US who is trying to get arab help in the region to stabilize Iraq.

dilloduck said:
I've gotta hunch that the arabian world may be the ones to put pressure in Iran to chill out. IF Iran continues the build up Israel will surely bomb the site . With the Arabs in no position to mount a counter attack, thier weakness in the region will become embarassingly apparent. It won't be a good thing for the US who is trying to get arab help in the region to stabilize Iraq.

I think you may be correct. I saw somewhere today that Gadhafi was saying to the Arab states NOT to help in Iraq until all the 'infidels' leave. I'm really glad he's on civilization's side now. :bs1:

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040731-051049-7522r.htm

Kathianne said:
No, it's Iran that wishes for the Euros to be able to put more pressure on 'putting the US down.' The 3 would be England, France, and Germany. Did you read the article or just my blurb?

Just read your snippet. It does seem that the 3 Euros would be terribly concerned about Iran's nuclear potential. It is highly unlikely that European nations feel secure with a radical Islamic power having the power to decimate the infidel nations. I feel certain that the European nations would be thrilled with the elimination of Iraq's nuclear capabilities but would scream and yell at such an action not within the parameters of International Law.

What do you think of the fact that all the intelligence services around the world are not aware of Iran's progress to becoming able to deliver nuclear warheads into Europe or even farther?

ajwps said:
Just read your snippet. It does seem that the 3 Euros would be terribly concerned about Iran's nuclear potential. It is highly unlikely that European nations feel secure with a radical Islamic power having the power to decimate the infidel nations. I feel certain that the European nations would be thrilled with the elimination of Iraq's nuclear capabilities but would scream and yell at such an action not within the parameters of International Law.

What do you think of the fact that all the intelligence services around the world are not aware of Iran's progress to becoming able to deliver nuclear warheads into Europe or even farther?

C'mon AJ, they read the news too. They are aware. The 3 European countries were trying to use 'their better relations with Iran" (as opposed to the rotten relations the US has), to strike a deal with Iran, to stop the nuclear program. Iran is miffed that these 3 cannot make the US stop pushing for sanctions....

dilloduck said:

You've got to be kidding. Iran is a rogue loose cannon among the world of Arab nations. Anyone who believes that they get along or cooperate with each other is just fooling themselves.

If you'll note last week, it was Iran that threatened Israel with total destruction if they DARED to wipe out their nuclear facilities and weapons. An excellent indication of who Iran fears most and it isn't their Arab brothers.

Kathianne said:
I think you may be correct. I saw somewhere today that Gadhafi was saying to the Arab states NOT to help in Iraq until all the 'infidels' leave. I'm really glad he's on civilization's side now. :bs1:

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040731-051049-7522r.htm

If this is true, it would be a sure sign that Moammar Gadhafi wants to lose all the American support to remove the trade sanctions so long held against Libya. Or maybe Gadafi is simply avoiding antagonizing his Islamic terrorist friends who have threatened to destroy any Arab country sending troops to Iraq to assist the coalition.

I think it is probably the latter.

Kathianne said:
C'mon AJ, they read the news too. They are aware. The 3 European countries were trying to use 'their better relations with Iran" (as opposed to the rotten relations the US has), to strike a deal with Iran, to stop the nuclear program. Iran is miffed that these 3 cannot make the US stop pushing for sanctions....

Come on Kathianne, do you really believe that Iran has better or worse relations with any infidel European nation? Actually Iran has a great relationship with the USA. The Iranian clerical leaders know with some certainty that the US is willing to make them another Iraq free from its Islamic oppressors.

With any of these rogue Islamic nations, they greatly respect power and 'certitude of course' rather than any European nation appeasers. The US and its ally Israel actually have the best relations with Iran and more than all the EU nations put together. Iran knows where they stand with these two countries.

Remember Lord Chamberlain and his appeasement of Hitler with his "peace in our time." How much power did England then sway by giving Hitler Czechoslovakia and the promise not to attack any more countries?

NONE....

ajwps said:
Come on Kathianne, do you really believe that Iran has better or worse relations with any infidel European nation? Actually Iran has a great relationship with the USA. The Iranian clerical leaders know with some certainty that the US is willing to make them another Iraq free from its Islamic oppressors.

AJ there is a difference between the article and my opinion. There is a difference between what countries say and do and my opinion. :p:

Kathianne said:
AJ there is a difference between the article and my opinion. There is a difference between what countries say and do and my opinion. :p:

Absolutely correct.....

dilloduck said:
Israels only decisions now are when to take out Irans nukes and who will give them the best reward for doing so.

Yes obviously Israel is looking for a treat or reward like Pavlov's dog for acting to perserve their own lives.

The reward Israel will get is worldwide condemnation and sanctions but each country in the world will be very thankful and breathe a little easier.

Repeat of the 1971 reward for Israel taking out Iraq nuclear facilities.

ajwps said:
Yes obviously Israel is looking for a treat or reward like Pavlov's dog for acting to perserve their own lives.

The reward Israel will get is worldwide condemnation and sanctions but each country in the world will be very thankful and breathe a little easier.

Repeat of the 1971 reward for Israel taking out Iraq nuclear facilities.

I thought you said they were US allies? Would they not "consult" with us first?

dilloduck said:

I know that somehow for AJ it always turns to Israel. This isn't the best way to deal with this topic. Israel is a close ally of US. They are also the most threatened by Iran, with the exception of course of our soldiers in the region. I don't think either Israel or the US make too many moves in the ME without consultation.

dilloduck said:

I suspect that Israel would give the US a headsup before doing what is necessary. The Bush administration would, after the attack, be one of the first to admonish Israel for doing the deed.

Scolding of Israel looks good, feels good to the Muslims but in effect approves the good that would be done.

ajwps said:
I suspect that Israel would give the US a headsup before doing what is necessary. The Bush administration would, after the attack, be one of the first to admonish Israel for doing the deed.

Scolding of Israel looks good, feels good to the Muslims but in effect approves the good that would be done.

Ya the old fake admonishment. What a stupid ruse! Who in the hell believes this crap anymore. No wonder the US is not trusted . We gotta lie.

Kathianne said:
I know that somehow for AJ it always turns to Israel. This isn't the best way to deal with this topic. Israel is a close ally of US. They are also the most threatened by Iran, with the exception of course of our soldiers in the region. I don't think either Israel or the US make too many moves in the ME without consultation.

Your of course your correct in your thought process. But the net effect would be that US efforts in Iraq and Afghanastan would get a positive benefit. No one would be fooled in thinking that the US could 'not control' their Israel ally. Every country knows that Israel acts on their own but in consultation with their US ally.

The Arabs are very sensitive to significant losses against the 'will of Allah' and their changing fortunes.

Like I said before, the Islamic world respects the US and Israel because of the fact that they can be counted on to do what they say and not just a show from home political motivations.

ajwps said:
Like I said before, the Islamic world respects the US and Israel because of the fact that they can be counted on to do what they say and not just a show from home political motivations.

I agree. I also know that Israel is more likely to do what they say. Some has to do with threat and size, not to mention the constituencies. :D

Forum List

Back