Iowa Passes Plan to Convert to 100 Percent Renewable Energy

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

"We are finalizing plans to begin construction of the 1,000 wind turbines, with completion expected by the end of 2019"

The Iowa Utilities Board has given MidAmerican Energy the green light for the utility's plans for a $3.6 billion wind energy investment, the largest renewable energy project in the state.
The state board on Friday gave final approval for the utility's Wind XI farm.
The project -- first announced in April -- is part of Des Moines-based MidAmerican's goal to reach 100 percent renewable energy for Iowa customers.
"We are finalizing plans to begin construction of the 1,000 wind turbines, with completion expected by the end of 2019," MidAmerican spokeswoman Ashton Hockman said in an email Monday. "Wind XI will add up to 2,000 megawatts of wind generation in Iowa and is the largest wind project MidAmerican Energy has ever undertaken."

Wow, what awesome news!

well 1 USA State getting smart is a start

yeah they sure need a shitload of smart walls, but they can afford it

if they build the windmills and if 50% of iowans buy a smart wall, i guess it will work

and iowa won t need coal or gas

"We are finalizing plans to begin construction of the 1,000 wind turbines, with completion expected by the end of 2019"

The Iowa Utilities Board has given MidAmerican Energy the green light for the utility's plans for a $3.6 billion wind energy investment, the largest renewable energy project in the state.
The state board on Friday gave final approval for the utility's Wind XI farm.
The project -- first announced in April -- is part of Des Moines-based MidAmerican's goal to reach 100 percent renewable energy for Iowa customers.
"We are finalizing plans to begin construction of the 1,000 wind turbines, with completion expected by the end of 2019," MidAmerican spokeswoman Ashton Hockman said in an email Monday. "Wind XI will add up to 2,000 megawatts of wind generation in Iowa and is the largest wind project MidAmerican Energy has ever undertaken."

Wow, what awesome news!
Funny that doesnt begin to cover their energy generation

Western WA has at least two innactive nuclear plants, the libtards shut them down near their completion date. I have heard they were rendered useless. Dumb little idiots.

so sad these people arent buying our oil and gas anymore, instead they decide to produce their own electricity, how can we explain its stupid to be selfreliant instead of paying us a lot of money every year ?

so sad we goto shutdoewn our coal firing plants because those stupid morons actually manage to make windpower work, goto pay our politicians more so those moron iowans dont go independant

so sad these people arent buying our oil and gas anymore, instead they decide to produce their own electricity, how can we explain its stupid to be selfreliant instead of paying us a lot of money every year ?
We'll sell them beans to generate that much-needed sustainable wind for wind turbines

We'll sell them beans to generate that much-needed sustainable wind for wind turbines

I love renewable energy, but I don't know if it's possible.

They're gonna need a shitload of back-up batteries for foggy days with no sun or wind.
You are correct. And Oncor, the biggest utility in Texas estimates that the breakeven point for those batteries is $350 kw/hr. Right now, both Tesla and Eos are selling such batteries. Tesla at $250 kw/hr, Eos at $160 kw/hr. Used at both ends of the grid, generation and use. So we are already at the point where we can back up the renewables with storage, making both wind and solar 24/7.

Western WA has at least two innactive nuclear plants, the libtards shut them down near their completion date. I have heard they were rendered useless. Dumb little idiots.
Damn, you are a stupid fuck. Western Washington is on a subduction zone. Worst possible place In the world for a nuke. Not only that, you need to read the history of WHOOPS. LOL

Damn, you are a stupid fuck. Western Washington is on a subduction zone. Worst possible place In the world for a nuke. Not only that, you need to read the history of WHOOPS. LOL
I'm familiar with the lefty spin. But a power plant can designed to shut down for a large earthquake and this isn't the Andreas Fault. The left hates nuclear power because they've been frightened by guys like you.

Technically this is complete lie. Iowa did not pass a plan to convert to 100% Renewable energy. They did not even discuss this. What did happen, is Washington D.C., our government, is giving one Corporation millions of dollars if it follows the Government plans.

Iowa passed not such law or plan, the premise is another lie. Why must one lie about renewables? Because everything about renewables is lies.

Western WA has at least two inactive nuclear plants, the libtards shut them down near their completion date. I have heard they were rendered useless.

Western Washington is on a subduction zone. Worst possible place In the world for a nuke. Not only that, you need to read the history of WHOOPS.

... But a power plant can designed to shut down for a large earthquake and this isn't the Andreas Fault. The left hates nuclear power because they've been frightened by guys like you.

Iceweasel, what you don't get is that the Fukushima disaster could happen here. Many of our nuke joints are of the exact same design, same manufacturer.

Forum List

Back