Iowa Debate To Exclude Lower Tier

5 percent is a damn low threshold, if you can not garner 5 percent now, why are you even in the races?

5% of opinion polls at this stage don't prove anything. Opinion polls of people who have thought about who they intend to vote for at this early stage does not do anything since the majority of the electorate haven't even thought about the election. 5% of 10% of those who have a candidate in mind proves nothing. For all we know in the primaries these candidates could garner 15, 20or 30% or more. This is why we have primary elections. Those who don't have enough support at that time will be eliminated by the people followed by even more being eliminated in the conventions. There is no legitimate reason to eliminate people from debates other than to make sure that they never get the chance to be heard when the majority of people begin to think about the candidates which for most people won't be until January or February. :wtf:

Yup for now. When he gets slaughtered in the primaries he will throw one of his famous temper tantrums and run with his tail between his legs to the Libertarian or Independant Party and guarantee a Democratic President.

Good for him. Since you think he will be eliminated in the primaries than let him be in the handful of debates that will occur before than and he will be eliminated and than you won't have to deal with him claiming to be a fucking Republican anymore. :bowdown:

RGS, you're an idiot. Do you realize how those polls are conducted? They're based on land-line phone calls to registered republican voters from 2004 primaries...the overwhelmingly sad showing of republican votes in 2004 primaries was limited to staunch ultra-christian right Bush supporters.

This isn't how you conduct opinion polls. If this is the case than it is really ignorant.

Scientific polls are becoming obsolete...they don't even represent the actual physical vote anymore.

This is true. The reason is that more and more people are going online and using cell phones as their primary mode of communication. It is interesting that of the $4.2 that Ron Paul raised in one day that $4 million of it was raised online. The problem is that Ron Paul may have the support of a certain demographic and that demographic is an techno oriented one. If this is the case it may pose a problem for him in the primaries because this group tends not to vote.

Don't be pissed because you know how much the American public are flocking to Ron's message, and you don't want that message getting out. You're no American. No REAL American would advocate leaving a candidate out of a debate...ESPECIALLY one that's been making HISTORY lately.

I thought you were making shit up when you said this but than I took the time to do some research of my own on your claim that Ron Paul is making history and I must agree that this jackass has been doing exactly that. Let me point out that what shocked me most was that he raised $4.2 million in one day on November 5th. This has broken the records of all the candidates both Democrat and Republican in the total amount of funds raised in one day. This is very unusual so I would like to see whether this trend continues. This shocks me because people will begin to think more about the candidates in the coming months and could be turned by Ron Paul. I don't want to see this happen because I think he is an asshole but at least it seems to me that he has ran a good campaign for a lower-tier candidate.

Don't worry folks. The American public spoke up before when they tried to leave Ron out, and the American public won then...and they'll do it again.

To what are you referring?

There is a good way to exclude people already in place even though I don't agree with it and that is the primary and general elections. Until that time no candidate who has chosen to run for President should be excluded from the opportunity to debate and discuss the issues facing our nation. Whether Ron Paul, being a fucking bastard, has only 2% in public opinion polls is irrelevent. Every candidate for the office should be given the same forum. :wtf:

You are 100% right. Eventhough I don't like certain candidates none should be excluded and during a debate they should all get the same amount of questions. I wasn't serious earlier in the thread about Ron Paul being excluded as everyone should be there and given an equal oppertunity.

I feel the same about the Democrats. I am tired of just watching Hillary, Obama and Edwards getting questions. Maybe we all want to hear from Senator Dodd, Senator Biden, Governor Richardson etc. We are tired of hearing the top candidates repeat themselves over and over again, it's getting damn old.

To what are you referring?

I was referring to earlier in the campaign season when the Michigan GOP chairman tried to get the networks to not include Ron in the debates because he felt Ron didn't represent the Republican party. Enough people spoke up and complained about the insanity of such a thing, and the chairman, whose name is Saul Anuzis, did not get his wish.

Now they're trying once again. And once again, they'll be shot down, as it is now becoming more and more of an obvious attempt at fascist-style censorship. This is fucking AMERICA...we don't do that kind of shit in this country.

The only time when success was had in leaving Ron out of debates, was a couple months ago in Iowa at the Iowans for Tax Relief town-hall style forum...The best part about that though, was that Ron rented another room at the same building (Hy Vee Hall) where the forum was being held, and actually had more people show up at the event to see HIM, than the other candidates in the other room...by a pretty large majority.

You are 100% right. Eventhough I don't like certain candidates none should be excluded and during a debate they should all get the same amount of questions. I wasn't serious earlier in the thread about Ron Paul being excluded as everyone should be there and given an equal oppertunity..

51A2G5YBJXL._AA280_.jpg

Forum List

Back