Iowa Debate To Exclude Lower Tier

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
even though at time watching Ron Paul makes me shake my head, it is not fair to exclude ANYONE...This was a message on a Duncan Hunter grassroots website...

Republican Party of Iowa to host presidential debate in DES MOINES

Debate to be nationally televised by FOX NEWS CHANNEL

The Republican Party of Iowa announced today that it will hold its
presidential debate at Hy-Vee Hall in downtown Des Moines. The event, to be
held the evening of December 4, 2007, will be the first debate in Iowa to be
televised by FOX News Channel this election season, as well as the first
debate sponsored by the Republican Party of Iowa.

Republican Party of Iowa Chairman Ray Hoffmann said, “With the caucuses less
than a month away, our December 4 debate will be very telling to Iowans and
the nation. We are thrilled to be having this event in central Iowa, and
right in downtown Des Moines which will be the epicenter on caucus night.”

The debate will be limited to those candidates who have satisfied the
following criteria:

1. Announced a formal campaign for President: and

2. Filed the necessary paperwork with the Federal Election Commission; and

3. Met all U.S. constitutional requirements; and

****4. Garnered at least 5% of the national electorate as determined by an
average of the most recent national telephone polls of registered voters
conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations leading up to
the registration deadline as determined by Fox News Channel and the
Republican Party of Iowa or garnered an average of at least 5% in the most
recent polls of Iowa voters conducted by the American Research Group and the
Des Moines Register.*****
To exclude candidates is a slap in the face of the grassroots of America who have a right to choose a good candidate, and to exclude someone based upon their poll numbers limits Americans’ ability to see all the candidates available. This gives them unprecedented control over the election, by keeping the status quo for the top tier the same. Please e-mail the Iowa GOP by contacting them through the website below, and let them know what we think:

www.iowagop.net/

http://dhgrassrevolt.wordpress.com/2007/11/07/iowa-debate-to-exclude-lower-tier/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freerepublic gave this contact information...
To: All
Call and write often—Do not limit the debate participants!

Fox News
[email protected]

Iowa Republican Party

Mary Tiffany, communications director
(515) 282-8105
[email protected]

Ray Hoffmann
Chairman
Sioux City
[email protected]

Leon Mosley
Co Chairman
Waterloo
[email protected]

Chuck Laudner
Executive Director
Des Moines
[email protected]

Paula Dierenfeld
Legal Counsel
Des Moines
[email protected]

Kathy Pearson
Pres. IFRW
Cedar Rapids
[email protected]

Phyllis Kelly
National Committeewoman
Charles City
[email protected]

Steve Roberts
National Committeeman
Des Moines
[email protected]

From...
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1922644/posts

even though at time watching Ron Paul makes me shake my head, it is not fair to exclude ANYONE...This was a message on a Duncan Hunter grassroots website...

Republican Party of Iowa to host presidential debate in DES MOINES

Debate to be nationally televised by FOX NEWS CHANNEL

The Republican Party of Iowa announced today that it will hold its
presidential debate at Hy-Vee Hall in downtown Des Moines. The event, to be
held the evening of December 4, 2007, will be the first debate in Iowa to be
televised by FOX News Channel this election season, as well as the first
debate sponsored by the Republican Party of Iowa.

Republican Party of Iowa Chairman Ray Hoffmann said, “With the caucuses less
than a month away, our December 4 debate will be very telling to Iowans and
the nation. We are thrilled to be having this event in central Iowa, and
right in downtown Des Moines which will be the epicenter on caucus night.”

The debate will be limited to those candidates who have satisfied the
following criteria:

1. Announced a formal campaign for President: and

2. Filed the necessary paperwork with the Federal Election Commission; and

3. Met all U.S. constitutional requirements; and

****4. Garnered at least 5% of the national electorate as determined by an
average of the most recent national telephone polls of registered voters
conducted by non-partisan public opinion polling organizations leading up to
the registration deadline as determined by Fox News Channel and the
Republican Party of Iowa or garnered an average of at least 5% in the most
recent polls of Iowa voters conducted by the American Research Group and the
Des Moines Register.*****
To exclude candidates is a slap in the face of the grassroots of America who have a right to choose a good candidate, and to exclude someone based upon their poll numbers limits Americans’ ability to see all the candidates available. This gives them unprecedented control over the election, by keeping the status quo for the top tier the same. Please e-mail the Iowa GOP by contacting them through the website below, and let them know what we think:

www.iowagop.net/

http://dhgrassrevolt.wordpress.com/2007/11/07/iowa-debate-to-exclude-lower-tier/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freerepublic gave this contact information...
To: All
Call and write often—Do not limit the debate participants!

Fox News
[email protected]

Iowa Republican Party

Mary Tiffany, communications director
(515) 282-8105
[email protected]

Ray Hoffmann
Chairman
Sioux City
[email protected]

Leon Mosley
Co Chairman
Waterloo
[email protected]

Chuck Laudner
Executive Director
Des Moines
[email protected]

Paula Dierenfeld
Legal Counsel
Des Moines
[email protected]

Kathy Pearson
Pres. IFRW
Cedar Rapids
[email protected]

Phyllis Kelly
National Committeewoman
Charles City
[email protected]

Steve Roberts
National Committeeman
Des Moines
[email protected]

From...
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1922644/posts

Duncan Hunter should be in as he meets all of those requirements. One good thing comes out of that, atleast that Ron Paul nut wont be able to participate, I mean he is at 1% oh wait im sorry 2% in the polls.

Duncan Hunter should be in as he meets all of those requirements. One good thing comes out of that, atleast that Ron Paul nut wont be able to participate, I mean he is at 1% oh wait im sorry 2% in the polls.

That's not the reason I posted this....I can say I would not like for Ron Paul to be in the debates, but it is way too early to start excluding people..
Everyone, no matter how far out we think they are should have a chance to be seen...

I posted those contact addys, so we can tell them TO NOT EXCLUDE ANYONE..That's the American way... no matter who you are....

That's not the reason I posted this....I can say I would not like for Ron Paul to be in the debates, but it is way too early to start excluding people..
Everyone, no matter how far out we think they are should have a chance to be seen...

I posted those contact addys, so we can tell them TO NOT EXCLUDE ANYONE..That's the American way... no matter who you are....

You right. He should be there, and I really enjoy the parts of the debates where people see him for the scum he really is and boo him.

I don't think they will change their rules no matter how many people write in and even if they do they will make sure the candidates don't get to say anything at all.

Lets add in all the libertarian candidates as well, I mean they too could be republicans. Ohh wait that would include Ron " pot head" Paul.

You right. He should be there, and I really enjoy the parts of the debates where people see him for the scum he really is and boo him.

I don't think they will change their rules no matter how many people write in and even if they do they will make sure the candidates don't get to say anything at all.

You never know about them listening...
We the people have stopped quite a bit of shenanigans lately by contacting our Reps...So it never hurts to speak up...

We the people have stopped quite a bit of shenanigans lately by contacting our Reps...So it never hurts to speak up...

5 percent is a damn low threshold, if you can not garner 5 percent now, why are you even in the races?

Lets add in all the libertarian candidates as well, I mean they too could be republicans. Ohh wait that would include Ron " pot head" Paul.

I understand your thoughts....but..he is registered as a Republican..not much we can do about that..

For now he is a Republican...

Your absolutley right but the point im making is it doesn't matter if they are there or not as usually only Giuliani, Romney, McCain and latley Thompson are asked questions. The others are lucky if they get one or two questions, it's just not right. What's the point of being there then?

I understand your thoughts....but..he is registered as a Republican..not much we can do about that..

For now he is a Republican...

I bet he will jump in the race as an Independant or Libertarian as he doesn't have a shot in hell of getting on the Republican ticket.

I bet he will jump in the race as an Independant or Libertarian as he doesn't have a shot in hell of getting on the Republican ticket.

I agree...I believe RP will run as one of those to try and be the Raplh Nadar of the Clinton yrs..
That's why I've been saying........George Soros...
Ron Paul is not doing it......... FOR NOTHING.....:badgrin:

But......for NOW he is a registered Republican...

I agree...I believe RP will run as one of those to try and be the Raplh Nadar of the Clinton yrs..
That's why I've been saying........George Soros...
Ron Paul is not doing it......... FOR NOTHING.....:badgrin:

But......for NOW he is a registered Republican...

Yup for now. When he gets slaughtered in the primaries he will throw one of his famous temper tantrums and run with his tail between his legs to the Libertarian or Independant Party and guarantee a Democratic President.

I agree completely. Anyone who doesn't cut the mustard should be given the opportunity to prove it.

it's funny to see all you republicans be so rabid about the ron paul hatred.

I wish Obama would take him as a running mate. I get the feeling your heads would explode.

exploding-head.gif

perhaps he will, perhaps he won't.

it's still funny to watch republicans scream bloody murder when a republican presidential candidate steps away from the standard clone candidates.

5 percent is a damn low threshold, if you can not garner 5 percent now, why are you even in the races?

RGS, you're an idiot. Do you realize how those polls are conducted? They're based on land-line phone calls to registered republican voters from 2004 primaries...the overwhelmingly sad showing of republican votes in 2004 primaries was limited to staunch ultra-christian right Bush supporters.

Number ONE, those people are bound to choose the media's darlings because they ALWAYS do, and number TWO, landline phones are becoming obsolete among a HUGE voter demographic. This means that most people who would typically choose Ron Paul, Mike Huckabee, Tom Tancredo, aren't even included in these "scientific" polls because they live a more tech-savvy lifestyle that relies on cell phones. The demographic that is most included in the land-line surveys is the social security crowd that sits around the house all day watching TV news and answering their phone because they're BORED. You can argue if you want to, but it's the god damn truth.

Scientific polls are becoming obsolete...they don't even represent the actual physical vote anymore.

Don't be pissed because you know how much the American public are flocking to Ron's message, and you don't want that message getting out. You're no American. No REAL American would advocate leaving a candidate out of a debate...ESPECIALLY one that's been making HISTORY lately.

Don't worry folks. The American public spoke up before when they tried to leave Ron out, and the American public won then...and they'll do it again.

Just fucking deal with it RGS.

There is a good way to exclude people already in place even though I don't agree with it and that is the primary and general elections. Until that time no candidate who has chosen to run for President should be excluded from the opportunity to debate and discuss the issues facing our nation. Whether Ron Paul, being a fucking bastard, has only 2% in public opinion polls is irrelevent. Every candidate for the office should be given the same forum. :wtf:

I doubt that they will change these rules. Those who put these rules in place have an agenda to prevent the American people from being able to choose who they want to be President. 90% of the American electorate hasn't even given the Presidential election consideration yet and yet they are beginning to exclude candidates even before people are thinking about the election and that prevents the voter from learning about all the choices and making their own decisions about who they will support. When and if they lose the primary election than the field will be narrowed down. Until that time those who vote in the primary should be given the broadest access to all the candidates so they can choose who they want to run in the general election. This selection process while idiotic is better than private organizations such as the Iowa Republican Party and the CPD making arbitrary decisions about who should be included and excluded from debates. Ironically, the primaries are only a few months away so it makes no sense to exclude people. Let them debate and then let the people decide in the primaries followed by the Conventions.

Forum List

Back