Iowa corn farmers feel heat over waning support for Ethanol

thereisnospoon

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2010
mid south
News-Talk 1110 WBT News Latest US proposal for ethanol could have political fallout
It seems even the far left Obama admin is not properly kneeling before kissing Iowa farmers pinkie rings..
These subsidies have to be ended. Most of the cash goes to huge corporate farms anyway.
You libs want to bitch about corporate welfare, well the corn subsidy is one for your target practice.
Not only does Ethanol not save anyone a dime at the pump, it causes premature deterioration of engines and fuel systems. It also reduces fuel economy.
Any alleged reduction in pollution given off by straight gasoline is offset by the higher fuel consumption( in the tenths of miles per gallon) which cause more fuel to be burned. It also results in more visits to the repair shops.
Also, the corn subsidy has driven food prices to levels that cause certain food items such as beef and poultry to become very expensive.
Yet, through all this, no presidential candidate will make it through the Iowa Caucuses if he or she does not state they unconditionally support the corn subsidy

Support may "wane", but no politician is going to buck the ass-fucking farmer and call for an end to this worthless shit.

Imagine if we had 58 million acres of new forest growth in this country. Would that not be of immeasurably more benefit to the environment than 58 million acres of ethanol-destined corn? :dunno:

Of course it would. :slap:

News-Talk 1110 WBT News Latest US proposal for ethanol could have political fallout
It seems even the far left Obama admin is not properly kneeling before kissing Iowa farmers pinkie rings..
These subsidies have to be ended. Most of the cash goes to huge corporate farms anyway.
You libs want to bitch about corporate welfare, well the corn subsidy is one for your target practice.
Not only does Ethanol not save anyone a dime at the pump, it causes premature deterioration of engines and fuel systems. It also reduces fuel economy.
Any alleged reduction in pollution given off by straight gasoline is offset by the higher fuel consumption( in the tenths of miles per gallon) which cause more fuel to be burned. It also results in more visits to the repair shops.
Also, the corn subsidy has driven food prices to levels that cause certain food items such as beef and poultry to become very expensive.
Yet, through all this, no presidential candidate will make it through the Iowa Caucuses if he or she does not state they unconditionally support the corn subsidy
Go ask a republican in an ethanol district what they think of ending ethanol subsidies.

Go ask a republican in an ethanol district what they think of ending ethanol subsidies.
Agreed. There's only one thing that transcends politics in this country, and it's the ass-fucking farmer.

Agreed. There's only one thing that transcends politics in this country, and it's the ass-fucking farmer.
The farming industry's a joke.

Damn started to look up ethanol after I read this thread, from Forbes

It s Final -- Corn Ethanol Is Of No Use - Forbes
In 2000, over 90% of the U.S. corn crop went to feed people and livestock, many in undeveloped countries, with less than 5% used to produce ethanol. In 2013, however, 40% went to produce ethanol, 45% was used to feed livestock, and only 15% was used for food and beverage

Damn started to look up ethanol after I read this thread, from Forbes

It s Final -- Corn Ethanol Is Of No Use - Forbes
In 2000, over 90% of the U.S. corn crop went to feed people and livestock, many in undeveloped countries, with less than 5% used to produce ethanol. In 2013, however, 40% went to produce ethanol, 45% was used to feed livestock, and only 15% was used for food and beverage
Corn has become an atrocity. There's corn in everything. Go take a look at the ingredients on the products in your closet; all the weird ass words that look like the names of chemicals? Probably corn based products.

Why should we care what he thinks? Do you?

I meant a republican congressman. Go call them up and ask them their stance.

I'll repeat: why should I care what he thinks? Do you?

I'll repeat: why should I care what he thinks? Do you?
Yes. Ethanol is a waste of money. Why don't you care? If you care so little, why are you posting?

in my link two of them were sponsoring a bill last year one a D and one a R from Oklahoma I think

in my link two of them were sponsoring a bill last year one a D and one a R from Oklahoma I think
They're all in on it. It's terrible!

You can thank the 2005 Energy Policy passed by Boosh, which called for mandates of alternative fuels...

Has any Dem ever spoken out against it or challenged the subsidies? Obama administration is also pushing for alternative energy sources and if none come about, those depending on current sources will pay rapidly increasing costs.

Thing about ethanol is that it's been around long enough to see the problems with it. I refuse to use it and I am glad we still have a choice in the matter.

I hate the shit. Just last weekend in fact was ruined by having to take the time to clean out the entire fuel system on my pressure sprayer in order to make it so that the engine didn't die every two minutes.
Don't ever let any of that crap gas sit in a fuel tank for more than about five or six weeks.
Lawn mowers, motorcycles, motor homes, anything that sits for extended periods of time are at risk of the fuel gelling.
Of course you can buy additives, but the best bet would be to stop producing the crap in the first place.

I hate the shit. Just last weekend in fact was ruined by having to take the time to clean out the entire fuel system on my pressure sprayer in order to make it so that the engine didn't die every two minutes.
Don't ever let any of that crap gas sit in a fuel tank for more than about five or six weeks.
Lawn mowers, motorcycles, motor homes, anything that sits for extended periods of time are at risk of the fuel gelling.
Of course you can buy additives, but the best bet would be to stop producing the crap in the first place.
also don't even try it in outboard motors.

Forum List

Back