Internet Sales Tax

Most large retailers collect taxes. The small retailers without brick and mortar stores usually do not, if not required. It will put alot of small home busineses out of business, if they try to make it mandatory for all sells down to the city level.

Most large retailers collect taxes. The small retailers without brick and mortar stores usually do not, if not required. It will put alot of small home busineses out of business, if they try to make it mandatory for all sells down to the city level.
That's simply not true.

I have an internet business and I have to BY LAW collect taxes for my state on every thing that I sell that is sold to a Maine citizen or delivered to anyone that lives in my State, just like the Brick and Mortars.

If a brick and Mortar store takes an order over the phone or from the internet or from a customer that walks in to their store and the customer does not take possession of what they bought and wants the owner to ship it to their outside of Maine, State, or anywhere outside of the USA, the Brick and Mortar store does NOT have to collect Maine taxes on the item they sold by LAW.

There is absolutely no difference with internet shops and stores.

I Am not obligated to collect taxes from any other State other than Maine, BECAUSE I am ONLY a citizen of THIS STATE,

And, I do not have any operation or business or sales reps that operate in any other State. If I did have a warehouse where things ship from another State, or another Store in another State or even a summer home in any other State, then I could be responsible for collecting these taxes for these other States....but I don't have any connection to any other State, so I only need to collect sales taxes for my State.....

And that's how it should be....

Another State that I have no connection to, should NEVER EVER HAVE THE power to FORCE ME to collect THEIR State sales taxes for them, just because their own citizens have CHOSEN TO CHEAT AND LIE on their own State income taxes and not declare what they purchased on line, as they are suppose to do.

That's not my problem....it's the other State's problem.... they can create some other new tax within their own State if they need the money.

And that therein is where they want it to go. Som e states are pushing for just that. Could you handle having to collect taxes for all states you deliver to?
Internet sales tax What you ll pay and when - CNN.com
That's simply not true.

I have an internet business and I have to BY LAW collect taxes for my state on every thing that I sell that is sold to a Maine citizen or delivered to anyone that lives in my State, just like the Brick and Mortars.

If a brick and Mortar store takes an order over the phone or from the internet or from a customer that walks in to their store and the customer does not take possession of what they bought and wants the owner to ship it to their outside of Maine, State, or anywhere outside of the USA, the Brick and Mortar store does NOT have to collect Maine taxes on the item they sold by LAW.

There is absolutely no difference with internet shops and stores.

I Am not obligated to collect taxes from any other State other than Maine, BECAUSE I am ONLY a citizen of THIS STATE,

And, I do not have any operation or business or sales reps that operate in any other State. If I did have a warehouse where things ship from another State, or another Store in another State or even a summer home in any other State, then I could be responsible for collecting these taxes for these other States....but I don't have any connection to any other State, so I only need to collect sales taxes for my State.....

And that's how it should be....

Another State that I have no connection to, should NEVER EVER HAVE THE power to FORCE ME to collect THEIR State sales taxes for them, just because their own citizens have CHOSEN TO CHEAT AND LIE on their own State income taxes and not declare what they purchased on line, as they are suppose to do.

That's not my problem....it's the other State's problem.... they can create some other new tax within their own State if they need the money.

Forum List

Back