Interesting question .....

"Certificate of Live Birth"

Wait. I was born in Georgia and my birth certificate also says "Certificate of Live Birth" instead of "Birth Certificate". Does that mean that birthers question my citizenship too?

Yes...You can never be President now

Sure...THAT you respond to....but not this that was in my post #35.....

"If you hired and employee and he said he grew up out of the country, and his father was not a US citizen....would you ask him for his BC?

By LAW you MUST ask him for proof of citizenship.

And that is so he can mop the floors of your office.

So is it so absurd to ask someone for with the same family background who wants to be president for the same proof?

Speaks volumes of your credibility.

Wait. I was born in Georgia and my birth certificate also says "Certificate of Live Birth" instead of "Birth Certificate". Does that mean that birthers question my citizenship too?

"If you hired and employee and he said he grew up out of the country, and his father was not a US citizen....would you ask him for his BC?

So is it so absurd to ask someone for with the same family background who wants to be president for the same proof?

yes, you are correct!

And social security card is what they ask for as proof....NOT my birth certificate.

I just went through this a few years ago....and i was born in the usa, though one parent of mine was Italian born....

i went to work in a temp position for the company my husband worked for....and they knew I was his wife of over 15 years at the time....i had my social security card, but never changed it to my married last name because for a good 10 years I kept my professional name, which was my maiden name so I still had the ssan card under my maiden name....and the new employer would not accept it as proof until I had the SSAN card changed to my married last name.

I even sent them my notarized marriage certificate that showed my maiden name and my husband's last name, and they still would not pay me, until i showed them the Social security card with my married last name on it.... they let me work, but it took 3 weeks before they paid me....which was how long it took for me to change my SSAN card to the proper name.

Please NOTE Old and tired, In Hawaii the legal document issued to their state citizens is the certification of live birth, that Obama has shown.

The Certification of Live birth is the proper documentation to prove citizenship ACCORDING TO THE LAW in Hawaii....NOT ONES original birth certificate....the State issues for 10 bucks, the computer generated form, as the official legal birth certification of citizenship.

it is the ONLY FORM they will send their citizens if they as for a copy of their birth certificates.

They have to go through a special process if they want their original birth certificate....and not the State issued certification of birth, the computerized version, is my understanding of their laws....

care

yes, you are correct!

And social security card is what they ask for as proof....NOT my birth certificate.

I just went through this a few years ago....and i was born in the usa, though one parent of mine was Italian born....

i went to work in a temp position for the company my husband worked for....and they knew I was his wife of over 15 years at the time....i had my social security card, but never changed it to my married last name because for a good 10 years I kept my professional name, which was my maiden name so I still had the ssan card under my maiden name....and the new employer would not accept it as proof until I had the SSAN card changed to my married last name.

I even sent them my notarized marriage certificate that showed my maiden name and my husband's last name, and they still would not pay me, until i showed them the Social security card with my married last name on it.... they let me work, but it took 3 weeks before they paid me....which was how long it took for me to change my SSAN card to the proper name.

Please NOTE Old and tired, In Hawaii the legal document issued to their state citizens is the certification of live birth, that Obama has shown.

The Certification of Live birth is the proper documentation to prove citizenship ACCORDING TO THE LAW in Hawaii....NOT ONES original birth certificate....the State issues for 10 bucks, the computer generated form, as the official legal birth certification of citizenship.

it is the ONLY FORM they will send their citizens if they as for a copy of their birth certificates.

They have to go through a special process if they want their original birth certificate....and not the State issued certification of birth, the computerized version, is my understanding of their laws....

care

SS card is not enough..they were wrong....you need proof of citizenship to work in the US or you need a work VISA....or a green card.......

Yes, many take the easy route....but please review the I-9 form.....it is like a chinese menu...

You need to produce either 1 from part A (PassPort or BC).....AND.....a certain amount from part B

from my understanding, no president has been asked to show his birth certificate.

There have been several people that have run for the presidency, where one parent was not born in the usa, or they themselves were not born in the usa....and NONE of them were officially questioned, from what I have read...but this could be because they did not win the presidency?

in recent years there has been:

George Romney, born in Mexico ran for the presidency in 1968 I believe?

John Mccain, born in Panama ran for the presidency in 2000, and 2008...

Oh hell, O'Reilly has been reportlng for a year that his birth announcement was in a Hawaii newspaper.. So anybody who watches Fox knows that.. But then again,,It was demanded of Senator McCain that he produce his entire medical record against federal HIPPA laws.. the left wouldn't take his doctors word that he was healthy. I didn't see the left outraged about that. did I? Hell no I didn't.

read the ad from Hawaii's Bureau of Health Statistics...the OFFICIAL STATE ANNOUNCEMENT.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/obama-1961-birth-announcement-from-honolulu-advertiser0000.gif

this was not an ad put out by grandma or mom or proud dad....this is from the state of hawaii back in 1961 announcing his birth, with all others birthed in honolulu during the same week.

So why is Obama not willing to provide his BC?
A birth announcement, a certificate of birth.....all good and enough proof that he was born in the USA...
But people asked for his birth certificate...which he says he has. Why not simply produce it?
Is it really asking a lot of a person?
I show it no less than 2 times a year....I am sure he shows it everytime he is asked for it.....so why not this time?

I believe he has one...I am more concerned that he is "playing games" with the "people's right"....and that is disturbing.

He works for us...we have our laws....insulting or not, he has the responsibility to prove he is not breaking them.

WHy wont he just produce it?

Because HE DID PROVIDE IT. He provided the ONLY FORM that the state of hawaii issues automatically when you pay for a copy of your birth certificate, the certification of live birth.

THIS IS THE LAW IN HAWAII.....it changed in the year 2000 I believe. Hawaii STATES THAT the certification of live birth IS THEIR LEGAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE in computerized form....they STOPPED ISSUING COPIES of the original birth certificates when this Hawaii law passed.

Please have your son, look up Hawaiian law on this, and you should as well...it will help you understand this better imo.

The certification of live birth is a computer generated birth certificate, that is notarized as being the precise copy of their original on the key parts of it....like name of mother, father, city born in, date born, gender etc...it has ALL THAT IS NECESSARY TO SHOW CITIZENSHIP and is the legal form of citizenship for Hawaii.

It does not list the personal stuff...like how much the baby weighed when born, or the mother's hospital or doctor...but those things are not things necessary to prove one is a citizen of hawaii....JUST BEING BORN in Honolulu....in obama's case....proves citizenship, natural born citizenship....and his certification of live birth lists honolulu, august 4, 1961 as his birth place and date.

i thought about this,

it is actually not an interesting question.

just a kind of creative way of asking the same old and tired questions again and again.

yes, you are correct!

care

SS card is not enough..they were wrong....you need proof of citizenship to work in the US or you need a work VISA....or a green card.......

Yes, many take the easy route....but please review the I-9 form.....it is like a chinese menu...

You need to produce either 1 from part A (PassPort or BC).....AND.....a certain amount from part B

EXCUSE ME? I was born in Alabama and I am an American citizen, why in the heck would I need a visa or a passport?

My husband, also an american citizen has NEVER HAD TO SUPPLY ANY EMPLOYER with his birth certificate, HAVE YOU?

read the ad from Hawaii's Bureau of Health Statistics...the OFFICIAL STATE ANNOUNCEMENT.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/obama-1961-birth-announcement-from-honolulu-advertiser0000.gif

this was not an ad put out by grandma or mom or proud dad....this is from the state of hawaii back in 1961 announcing his birth, with all others birthed in honolulu during the same week.

So why is Obama not willing to provide his BC?
A birth announcement, a certificate of birth.....all good and enough proof that he was born in the USA...
But people asked for his birth certificate...which he says he has. Why not simply produce it?
Is it really asking a lot of a person?
I show it no less than 2 times a year....I am sure he shows it everytime he is asked for it.....so why not this time?

I believe he has one...I am more concerned that he is "playing games" with the "people's right"....and that is disturbing.

He works for us...we have our laws....insulting or not, he has the responsibility to prove he is not breaking them.

WHy wont he just produce it?

Because HE DID PROVIDE IT. He provided the ONLY FORM that the state of hawaii issues automatically when you pay for a copy of your birth certificate, the certification of live birth.

THIS IS THE LAW IN HAWAII.....it changed in the year 2000 I believe. Hawaii STATES THAT the certification of live birth IS THEIR LEGAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE in computerized form....they STOPPED ISSUING COPIES of the original birth certificates when this Hawaii law passed.

Please have your son, look up Hawaiian law on this, and you should as well...it will help you understand this better imo.

The certification of live birth is a computer generated birth certificate, that is notarized as being the precise copy of their original on the key parts of it....like name of mother, father, city born in, date born, gender etc...it has ALL THAT IS NECESSARY TO SHOW CITIZENSHIP and is the legal form of citizenship for Hawaii.

It does not list the personal stuff...like how much the baby weighed when born, or the mother's hospital or doctor...but those things are not things necessary to prove one is a citizen of hawaii....JUST BEING BORN in Honolulu....in obama's case....proves citizenship, natural born citizenship....and his certification of live birth lists honolulu, august 4, 1961 as his birth place and date.

Thanks. Works for me.

yes, you are correct!

care

EXCUSE ME? I was born in Alabama and I am an American citizen, why in the heck would I need a visa or a passport?

My husband, also an american citizen has NEVER HAD TO SUPPLY ANY EMPLOYER with his birth certificate, HAVE YOU?

Any employee MUST meet the requirements of the I-9 form when employed to prove citizenship.

Many employers do not follow this......but as an owner of a temp agency, I am field audited for I-9 forms at least once every 5 years...

You need a passport, VISA, birth certificate, etc. to prove you are a citizen....this is not made up......look into the i-9 form requirements.......it is law.

I was pretty pissed at my husband's employer for putting ME, A CITIZEN OF THE USA, through the crap that they did, to tell ya the truth....in fact, I was steaming mad, at the time....

Any employee MUST meet the requirements of the I-9 form when employed to prove citizenship.

Many employers do not follow this......but as an owner of a temp agency, I am field audited for I-9 forms at least once every 5 years...

You need a passport, VISA, birth certificate, etc. to prove you are a citizen....this is not made up......look into the i-9 form requirements.......it is law.

Who did YOU have to show your birth certificate to in order to work at your temp service?

I have NEVER in the 26 years i worked, had to show my birth certificate.

AGAIN, have YOU?

Have any of you had to show your birth certificate?

I was pretty pissed at my husband's employer for putting ME, A CITIZEN OF THE USA, through the crap that they did, to tell ya the truth....in fact, I was steaming mad, at the time....

If only you knew what they put us through.
The field auditor not only requires a signed I-9 form....but a copy of the ID as well for each employee thaty recieved a paycheck.......
They do not make an appointment...it is a surprise audit....and they have the credentials that allow them to take over my files for audit purposes ON THE PREMISES......
One error and it could shut us down.

It may have been insulting to you.....but we are forced to do it.

Who did YOU have to show your birth certificate to in order to work at your temp service?

AGAIN, have YOU?

I am a business owner......but yes, read up on the I-9 requirements....it is part of labor law...

AGAIN, have YOU?

I am a business owner......but yes, read up on the I-9 requirements....it is part of labor law...

didn't answer my question though old and tired....or rather, it did not answer what i was wondering....

How come YOU don't have to show your birth certificate to operate the temp business? OR for any other job you've had....WHY only SOME would have to follow this law but others are exempt, like you from having to show someone you're are a citizen by producing your birth certificate? Or how come I have never had to show my birth certificate nor my husband have to show his birth certificate to an employer to work? Are you certain this is the law for all of us Americans?

ok old and tired, i did get the chance to review the I 9 form as you suggested and as I had thought, the Social security card was what was needed from me, along with my driver's license.

Documentation

A variety of documents acceptable for I-9 purposes. The employee must supply either:

* One document that establishes both identity and employment eligibility (on List A on the I-9) OR
* One document that establishes identity (on List B), together with another document that establishes employment eligibility (on List C)
* All documentation must be unexpired as of April 3, 2009[2]

Documents that may be used under "List A" of the I-9 form to establish both identity and employment eligibility include:

* U.S. Passport
* U.S. Passport Card
* An unexpired foreign passport with an I-551 stamp, or with Form I-94 attached which indicates an unexpired employment authorization
* A Permanent Resident Card (often called a "green card") or Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph
* An Unexpired Temporary Resident Card
* An Unexpired Employment Authorization Card
* An Unexpired Employment Authorization Document issued by the Dept. of Homeland Security that includes a photograph (Form I-766)

Documents that may be used under "List B" of the I-9 to establish identity include:

* Driver's license or I.D. card issued by a U.S. state or outlying possession of the U.S., provided it contains a photograph or identifying information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address.
* Federal or state I.D. card provided it contains a photograph or identifying information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address.
* School I.D. with photograph
* Voter's registration card
* U.S. Armed Services identification card or draft record
* U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
* Native American tribal document
* Driver's license issued by a Canadian government authority

For individuals under the age of 18 only, the following documents may be used to establish identity:

* School record or report card
* Clinic, doctor or hospital record
* Day-care or nursery school record

Employees who supply an item from List B must also supply an item from List C

Documents that may be used under "List C" of the I-9 to establish employment eligibility include:

* A U.S. Social Security card issued by the Social Security Administration (Note: cards that specify "not valid for employment" are not acceptable.)
* A birth certificate issued by the U.S. State Department (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350) Original or certified copy of a birth certificate from the U.S. or an outlying possession of the U.S., bearing an official seal
* Native American tribal document
* U.S. Citizen I.D. Card (Form I-197)
* An I.D. Card for the use of a Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
* An unexpired employment authorization card issued by the Dept. of Homeland Security (other than those included on List A)

U.S. citizens who have lost their social security card can apply for a duplicate at the Social Security Administration.
I-9 (form) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and i might add, Obama has shown his birth certificate or the equivalent....

Original or certified copy of a birth certificate from the U.S. or an outlying possession of the U.S., bearing an official seal

obama's is a certified copy, with SEAL, as factcheck had shown.

Forum List

Back