Interesting question .....

I don't beleive any other President has ever had his citizenship questioned the way Obama has.

no, he has produced his Certificate of Live Birth which is EQUAL TO a Birth certificate in Hawaii....according to the State of Hawaii.

Also, you and your SON, need to do some research before just coming up with your own conclusions.

There is an awful lot of information on this....start with the immigration and naturalization act...1790 I believe?

as far as others...

Chester Arthur (born of an American mother and Irish father, purported birthplace of Canada) was sworn in as President, however his status as a "Natural born citizen" was challenged because he was born with British citizenship [17] (therefore not jus sanguinus) and it is contended, on foreign soil (therefore not jus soli). Some argue that those born abroad to U.S. citizens are not eligible to ascend to the Presidency (not jus soli), since an act of the United States Congress such as the Naturalization Act may not overrule the Constitution (see "Natural born citizen" as presidential qualification). Presidential candidates George W. Romney (born in Mexico), Barry Goldwater and John McCain (born in U.S. territories), were never seriously challenged on the basis of their "natural born" citizenship, but no candidate falling under this classification has ever actually become President.
United States nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't beleive any other President has ever had his citizenship questioned the way Obama has.

It seems not...

But being the only one born to a non US citizen...there was good reason for the original people who asked, to see it.

But he produced it....so what are all the birthers talking about?

no, he has produced his Certificate of Live Birth which is EQUAL TO a Birth certificate in Hawaii....according to the State of Hawaii.

Also, you and your SON, need to do some research before just coming up with your own conclusions.

There is an awful lot of information on this....start with the immigration and naturalization act...1790 I believe?

as far as others...

Chester Arthur (born of an American mother and Irish father, purported birthplace of Canada) was sworn in as President, however his status as a "Natural born citizen" was challenged because he was born with British citizenship [17] (therefore not jus sanguinus) and it is contended, on foreign soil (therefore not jus soli). Some argue that those born abroad to U.S. citizens are not eligible to ascend to the Presidency (not jus soli), since an act of the United States Congress such as the Naturalization Act may not overrule the Constitution (see "Natural born citizen" as presidential qualification). Presidential candidates George W. Romney (born in Mexico), Barry Goldwater and John McCain (born in U.S. territories), were never seriously challenged on the basis of their "natural born" citizenship, but no candidate falling under this classification has ever actually become President.
United States nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The research my son did was on the conspiracy as one of many in hios report.....
Time does not allow for him to research the laws.
He IS only a freshman you know.

In all fairness, as my son collected for his report.....Those that ORIGINALLY asked for the birth certificate, (not the loons) asked for only one reason....he was a man that had his natural father who was NOT a citizen of the US....and I believe this was deemed as having never been the case with any other President in recent history......

Saying it was a racial issue is unfair for the ORIGINAL questioners.

Likewise, a man born to US military on foreign soil where the parent was stationed, I believe, is a facotr in the McCain thing.

But did Obama actually produce it?

George washingtons father was not a citizen of the United States.
He was a subject of the crown.

Oh look, let's compare apples to orangutans. Either make a legitmate argument or no argument but don't make a stupid argument.

Washington - fail - the US was being founded - there was no Constitutional requirement. Idiot.

McCain - children of US military born on foreign soil are deemed to have been born on US soil. This I know because it applies to quite a few of my family members. Another fail.

Ok Forget washington how about Jefferson and the other first presidents. Technically they were not natual born US citizens either.

That's not a "Birth Certificate" it's a Certification of Live Birth. There is a difference

Here is what the State of Hawaii’s official government websites publish about the matter:

QUOTE: “The Certification of Live Birth is a legal document, but it is TOTALLY INADEQUATE when it comes to proving an individual was born in Hawaii.

The State of Hawaii DOES NOT EVEN ACCEPT the Certification of Live Birth as valid proof that an individual was born in Hawaii.

The Hawaii Department of Homelands, which administers programs to encourage property ownership for native Hawaiians states the following on its website.

“In order to process your application, DHHL utilizes information that is found ONLY on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green. This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth(a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL.“.

The bottom line is that the Certification of Live Birth can be erroneous. It has been reported that it was not uncommon for foreigners residing in Hawaii to bring their infant children to the Clerk of the Court, swear they were born in Hawaii and have actual Certificates of Live Birth issued to their children.

Pay close attention to the following Hawaiian legal statute:

“[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State.
(a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.
(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.
(c) The fee for each application for registration shall be established by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1982, c 182, §1]”

Everybody get that?

As long as an adult can walk into Hawaii’s version of the Department of Records and provide proof that they are a legal resident of Hawaii, the document is issued.

The child, on the other hand, could have been born in Hawaii, Kenya, or a back-alley in Budapest.

Source1
Source2

That's not a "Birth Certificate" it's a Certification of Live Birth. There is a difference

Here is what the State of Hawaii’s official government websites publish about the matter:

QUOTE: “The Certification of Live Birth is a legal document, but it is TOTALLY INADEQUATE when it comes to proving an individual was born in Hawaii.

The State of Hawaii DOES NOT EVEN ACCEPT the Certification of Live Birth as valid proof that an individual was born in Hawaii.

The Hawaii Department of Homelands, which administers programs to encourage property ownership for native Hawaiians states the following on its website.

“In order to process your application, DHHL utilizes information that is found ONLY on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green. This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth(a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL.“.

The bottom line is that the Certification of Live Birth can be erroneous. It has been reported that it was not uncommon for foreigners residing in Hawaii to bring their infant children to the Clerk of the Court, swear they were born in Hawaii and have actual Certificates of Live Birth issued to their children.

Pay close attention to the following Hawaiian legal statute:

“[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State.
(a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.
(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.
(c) The fee for each application for registration shall be established by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1982, c 182, §1]”

Everybody get that?

As long as an adult can walk into Hawaii’s version of the Department of Records and provide proof that they are a legal resident of Hawaii, the document is issued.

The child, on the other hand, could have been born in Hawaii, Kenya, or a back-alley in Budapest.

Source1
Source2

Simply NOT TRUE. The Certificate of live birth IS THE , legal DOCUMENT TO SHOW BIRTH IN HAWAII.

First of all, I am not a birther. I have never even entered a thread about the birth certificate issue.

However, I got a call from my son last night from school. In Poli Sci, he is wrtiting a paper on the arguments and conspiracies displayed by both parties during the last 3 presidential elections.

He collected information on the Kerry swift boat thing, the FLorida chads, Keatring 5, Bill Ayers, Reverend Wright, Joe Biden being accused of being a racist by the Obama camp...and yes, the birth certificate issue.

What he tried to do was find the birth certificate....and he couldn't. He tried to find something that proved it was a conspiracy theory and he couldnt.

SO I explained to him that I assume he never was forced to produce it and I also assume NO other president had to produce it once elected....and I told him he is best to simply say that although he never produced, no other Presdient was ever required to do so...sort of as a footnote to his paper.

But he asked me a good qiuestion...and I need to be frank...I DO NOT WANT TO BE LABELED AS A BIRTHER.......but.....

Has any other president been required to prove he was a citizen in the past?

No but I think if we asked there should be no problem in producing one and no resitance to it since it is a requirement to hold office. There definately shouldn't be calls of hidden racism when people do ask and even if there was hidden racism it is still a legal requirement for every canidate that holds office and that requirement is not suspended when you suspect the other side is asking because of racist motives.

Last edited:
read the ad from Hawaii's Bureau of Health Statistics...the OFFICIAL STATE ANNOUNCEMENT.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/obama-1961-birth-announcement-from-honolulu-advertiser0000.gif

this was not an ad put out by grandma or mom or proud dad....this is from the state of hawaii back in 1961 announcing his birth, with all others birthed in honolulu during the same week.

So why is Obama not willing to provide his BC?
A birth announcement, a certificate of birth.....all good and enough proof that he was born in the USA...
But people asked for his birth certificate...which he says he has. Why not simply produce it?
Is it really asking a lot of a person?
I show it no less than 2 times a year....I am sure he shows it everytime he is asked for it.....so why not this time?

I believe he has one...I am more concerned that he is "playing games" with the "people's right"....and that is disturbing.

He works for us...we have our laws....insulting or not, he has the responsibility to prove he is not breaking them.

WHy wont he just produce it?

None that I can recall. But then he is our first black president and he is a democrat.

Wasn't there some retaliatory fuss over McCain since he was actually born in Panama or somesuch?

In all fairness, as my son collected for his report.....Those that ORIGINALLY asked for the birth certificate, (not the loons) asked for only one reason....he was a man that had his natural father who was NOT a citizen of the US....and I believe this was deemed as having never been the case with any other President in recent history......

Saying it was a racial issue is unfair for the ORIGINAL questioners.

Likewise, a man born to US military on foreign soil where the parent was stationed, I believe, is a facotr in the McCain thing.

But did Obama actually produce it?
This was My understanding. No other President has had a parent that was not a born American citizen.

However, if I remember correctly (I didn't pay much attention as I don't subscribe to the birther thing) the Governor of Hawaii certified that the birth certificate exists and is authentic.

Geeze. Lot of controversy that a simple birth certificate will clear up. I was born in MA to a military family and had the form that MA issued. When I moved to Florida I needed an actual birth certificate to get a drivers license. Sent off the MA and got one. Simple and easy to do.

This story is getting way old. All Ol'BO has to do is produce his birth certificate, end of story. Easy as that then all the birthers can take a break.

Bye the way. I believe he was born in the US.

Reflects poorly on the right wingnuts

Really?

If you hired and employee and he said he grew up out of the country, and his father was not a US citizen....would you ask him for his BC?

By LAW you MUST ask him for proof of citizenship.

And that is so he can mop the floors of your office.

So is it so absurd to ask someone for with the same family background who wants to be president for the same proof?

I find it amusing.

8 years I hear "If I knew Bush was like this...yada yada yada....."

Yet with Obama you are willing to accept every single word he says as God's word.

Quite ironic if you ask me.

"Certificate of Live Birth"

Wait. I was born in Georgia and my birth certificate also says "Certificate of Live Birth" instead of "Birth Certificate". Does that mean that birthers question my citizenship too?

First of all, I am not a birther. I have never even entered a thread about the birth certificate issue.

However, I got a call from my son last night from school. In Poli Sci, he is wrtiting a paper on the arguments and conspiracies displayed by both parties during the last 3 presidential elections.

He collected information on the Kerry swift boat thing, the FLorida chads, Keatring 5, Bill Ayers, Reverend Wright, Joe Biden being accused of being a racist by the Obama camp...and yes, the birth certificate issue.

What he tried to do was find the birth certificate....and he couldn't. He tried to find something that proved it was a conspiracy theory and he couldnt.

SO I explained to him that I assume he never was forced to produce it and I also assume NO other president had to produce it once elected....and I told him he is best to simply say that although he never produced, no other Presdient was ever required to do so...sort of as a footnote to his paper.

But he asked me a good qiuestion...and I need to be frank...I DO NOT WANT TO BE LABELED AS A BIRTHER.......but.....

You have to prove US citizenship to register with the Fededral Election Commission. If he was not eligible to run, the FEC would have notified the public and Obama would have been banned from running for office.

Also, the Illinois state Board of Elections would have inquired about his citizenship as well, since Obama was elected a senator. But then I have little faith in the ISBE since it is possible for a state to grant a waver in certain cases as pursuant to their own laws.

You have to prove US citizenship to register with the Fededral Election Commission. If he was not eligible to run, the FEC would have notified the public and Obama would have been banned from running for office.

Also, the Illinois state Board of Elections would have inquired about his citizenship as well, since Obama was elected a senator. But then I have little faith in the ISBE since it is possible for a state to grant a waver in certain cases as pursuant to their own laws.
Hmm....Well, the requirements for being a U.S. Senator are not as strigent as those for President. Still, there are only two requirements and both are determined by a Certificate of Live birth.

All he had to do was say:

"here it is"...and take it out of his wallet.

But his supporters said he has too many more important things to address like the economy and 2 wars.

Really? The ten seconds to produce it was time poorly spent?

Hmmm....seems to me he played games all in an effort to ridicule the right.

However....he is ridiculing US law at the same time.

Forum List

Back