Interesting post fom another board...

There they go denying science

Which science is that? The science that says the electricity in your wall socket that you plug your electric car into doesn't magically appear there, that it has to be generated somewhere else, with a 50/50 chance that it's derived from burning coal?

At the momment that may be true but alternatives exsist and will continue to be developed.

In the future you willl be able to plug your car into a meter in every parking place instead of a parking meter.

Charge while you park at work and at home.

If every house had solar and wind capability things would be VERY different.
so you will still have to PAY for the electricity, or do you think the city and the employer will be paying for it?

As an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, I can tell you that electric cars are not viable

Either short term or long term, electric cars are a pipe dream. Conversion of electrical energy to mechanical energy in an automobile is highly inefficient.

How does he explain this?

models_bythenumbers.png

Model S | Tesla Motors

Electric cars can fill a niche market for small commutes and city traffic

Until they find a way to charge batteries in 5 min and handle emergency outages they will never take hold.

Drive in the rain, at night, use the AC or heater and you drain your battery. Hybrids are still a better option
Rain?

Clarify.

I wonder if the 'wunderkind' engineers at GM and Nissan thought of putting an in-line surge protector in their charging systems, or if that will be an expensive option. Electric circuit boards are not cheap.

There they go denying science

Which science is that? The science that says the electricity in your wall socket that you plug your electric car into doesn't magically appear there, that it has to be generated somewhere else, with a 50/50 chance that it's derived from burning coal?

At the momment that may be true but alternatives exsist and will continue to be developed.

In the future you willl be able to plug your car into a meter in every parking place instead of a parking meter.

Charge while you park at work and at home.

Someday. Maybe. Meanwhile, right now, here in the real world, if you plug in an electric car, there's a 71% chance it's being recharged by burning something, and another 20% chance it's being recharged by nuclear power.

figes1.jpg

There simply is no renewable source as yet that will scale up sufficiently to replace fossil fuels or nuclear power. I'm not saying we shouldn't explore alternatives, but let's not kid ourselves that electric vehicles do anything besides relocate the problem, mmmkay?

Either short term or long term, electric cars are a pipe dream. Conversion of electrical energy to mechanical energy in an automobile is highly inefficient.

models_bythenumbers.png

Model S | Tesla Motors

NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS
PRODUCTION BEGINS 2012
$5,000 REFUNDABLE RESERVATION
BASE PRICE: $49,000*

*Price includes $7,500 US Federal tax credit

Link me up to what you are talking about
ah, figures you forgot about that already
you pathetic moron
http://www.usmessageboard.com/2538611-post3.html

run from that again

Yeap I made a mistake there divecon, I missed the fact that it said federal judge.

I have made mistakes before this and will no doubt make mistakes after this.

I am sane enough to admitt a mistake.

Now link us up to any time you admitted to making a mistake.

How feasible do you think it is for businesses or cities to not only install the power lines, but the means to measure and charge for the electricity? A parking meter is rather passive, but what you propose not so much.

Each of those technologies is limited as to when and where it can be used and how much power they can generate. Of course, the plastics and other materials are made with oil and alternatives being researched are not currently economically feasible.

We will need a strong backbone behind alternative fuels. No such backbone exists that does not pose great challenges, be it carbon emissions (eg: carbon monoxide) or nuclear waste. We must operate within the realm of feasibility.

models_bythenumbers.png

Model S | Tesla Motors

NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS
PRODUCTION BEGINS 2012
$5,000 REFUNDABLE RESERVATION
BASE PRICE: $49,000*

*Price includes $7,500 US Federal tax credit

Even before the tax credit, $56,500 for a luxury sports car is well within current market norms.

Hell, look up the price of a 'vette, or a loaded camaro or loaded 'stang.

Now that chevy volt? Priced waaaay outside of market norms for a small sedan IMO.

Electric vehicles don't eliminate pollution; they merely relocate it. And given the toxic materials used to make the batteries, they're more hazardous to the environment than fuel-burning engines.

You dont know what you're talking about. Your ignorance with respect to this subject is stunning to say the least.
:lol: So where does the power in your wall sockets come from? Unicorn hugs?

Hydro electric.

Forum List

Back