Interesting post fom another board...

As an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, I can tell you that electric cars are not viable

Either short term or long term, electric cars are a pipe dream. Conversion of electrical energy to mechanical energy in an automobile is highly inefficient.

How does he explain this?

models_bythenumbers.png

Model S | Tesla Motors

NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS
PRODUCTION BEGINS 2012
$5,000 REFUNDABLE RESERVATION
BASE PRICE: $49,000*

*Price includes $7,500 US Federal tax credit

Yes, Nice cars are expensive and new technologies are expensive at first.

What's your point? You think there aren't comparable IC cars that cost as much? Tesla is not a company that makes affordable vehicles for everyone. They specialize in high-end, high-performance electric vehicles.

Basically, they make electric Ferraris (see: Tesla Roadster)

Current Flat screen TV's, computers, and Home entertainment systems do not have built in surge protectors. Neither do RV's that run off 'shore' power. If the engineers on the Volt/Leaf missed this protection from 'energy spikes', they missed a biggee.....

ah, figures you forgot about that already
you pathetic moron
http://www.usmessageboard.com/2538611-post3.html

run from that again

Yeap I made a mistake there divecon, I missed the fact that it said federal judge.

I have made mistakes before this and will no doubt make mistakes after this.

I am sane enough to admitt a mistake.

Now link us up to any time you admitted to making a mistake.
wow, you actually admit it, finally
and i have many times admitted mistakes
i make so few though:razz:

Yeap I made a mistake there divecon, I missed the fact that it said federal judge.

I have always admitted mistakes on here and have done it several times.

You people just pretend I dont.

I have yet to see a con on here own up to their mistakes.

How does he explain this?

models_bythenumbers.png

Model S | Tesla Motors

NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS
PRODUCTION BEGINS 2012

Even before the tax credit, $56,500 for a luxury sports car is well within current market norms.

Hell, look up the price of a 'vette, or a loaded camaro or loaded 'stang.

Now that chevy volt? Priced waaaay outside of market norms for a small sedan IMO.

The volt is like designer jeans. You pay for the name, the image.

If the history of everything else is any indication, prices on electric vehicles will come down with innovation and market competition,

NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS
PRODUCTION BEGINS 2012

Even before the tax credit, $56,500 for a luxury sports car is well within current market norms.

Now that chevy volt? Priced waaaay outside of market norms for a small sedan IMO.

The volt is like designer jeans. You pay for the name, the image.

If the history of everything else is any indication, prices on electric vehicles will come down with innovation and market competition,

Yeah, but I don't know how many they're going to move at that price. While innovative, they're still behind the perception/status symbol curve when compared to the Prius.

I have always admitted mistakes on here and have done it several times.

You people just pretend I dont.

I have yet to see a con on here own up to their mistakes.
more lies
you just cant tell the truth, can you?

:lol: So where does the power in your wall sockets come from? Unicorn hugs?

Hydro electric.
try and build a dam
see how many enviro nuts try and stop you

Don't need to. We had the sense to build dozens of em in Washington State before the wackos became PC. That is why we have about the cheapest electricity in the nation and have had for over 60 years. The only real problem was with salmon spawning and returning to the ocean. Fish ladders and special flous have taken care of that to a large degree.

Hydro electric.
try and build a dam
see how many enviro nuts try and stop you

Don't need to. We had the sense to build dozens of em in Washington State before the wackos became PC. That is why we have about the cheapest electricity in the nation and have had for over 60 years. The only real problem was with salmon spawning and returning to the ocean. Fish ladders and special flous have taken care of that to a large degree.
wait till they start trying to tear em down

Indeed. In this case, you don't get what you pay for, because the Volt has such an anemic range.

Indeed. In this case, you don't get what you pay for, because the Volt has such an anemic range.

Volt has a good range. 300 miles isn't bad. Plus it can recharge on the go essentially. Thats whats innovative about it.

Its the price tag thats the cock-blocker here.

Yes, Nice cars are expensive and new technologies are expensive at first.

What's your point? You think there aren't comparable IC cars that cost as much? Tesla is not a company that makes affordable vehicles for everyone. They specialize in high-end, high-performance electric vehicles.

Basically, they make electric Ferraris (see: Tesla Roadster)
My point is this is an extremely niche market. Nobody's going to make an impact by buying a Tesla. It's a toy. Nothing more.

As an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, I can tell you that electric cars are not viable

Either short term or long term, electric cars are a pipe dream. Conversion of electrical energy to mechanical energy in an automobile is highly inefficient. And most sources used to charge the batteries will remain fossil powered for a long time unless we allow new nuclear power plants to be built.

GM has shown they are truly government motors- providing an expensive complex solution for a problem that didn't exist.

It's pretty clear that the goal isn't just to get us off fossil fuels...the goal is to get us out of our cars.

Only the rich will be able afford an automobile.

This may sound like a conspiracy but at this point an time in my life things that are happening have not changed my mind. They want the American people to stay put. They want to stop us from being able to congregate together. You cannot believe the news media, so to keep people in the dark as to what is going on they want to restrict our travel.

Forum List

Back