Interesting..... Gary Johnson files anti trust lawsuit

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Shelzin, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Shelzin

Shelzin Equal Opportunity Asshole

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/1...-claim-against-the-cpd-in-the-name-of-liberty

In a stunning move sure to bring publicity to his campaign, Libertarian Party presidential nominee Gary Johnson has filed an anti-trust claim against the National Commission on Presidential Debates. Johnson aims to secure a spot in the debates and give America a real choice in 2012.

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, "maintains that the Republican and Democratic Parties, through the CPD, indefensibly limit access of other candidates to the marketplace of ideas and the opportunity to be employed in these highest offices in the land, and in so doing are violating the Sherman Anti-Trust Act of 1890."

The suit was filed within hours of the announcement that only Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney and Democratic incumbent President Barack Obama would be allowed to take part in the debates. According the debate website, the commission's purpose is to "to ensure that debates, as a permanent part of every general election, provide the best possible information to viewers and listeners."

How can they fulfill their stated mission if they exclude a viable alternative for the 30% of independent voters in America? That is precisely the question that the Johnson campaign is asking and demanding answers to. In addition, the campaign says that it will be filing more claims in other jurisdictions against the commission. Good for you, Gary Johnson. Be libertarian with me indeed.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    I have no problem with him being there.. In a free Republic, all voices should be heard to include the Green Party nominee, etc.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. bobcollum

bobcollum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,003
    As far as I can remember, a candidate has to be polling at 10 or 15% nationally to be able to participate in the debates.

It's part of the strategy to stifle third parties and keep the machine running.

4. Dissent

Dissent BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +214
  5. GuyPinestra

GuyPinestra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    :thup:

6. Shelzin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
  7. Shelzin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
  8. Shelzin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    *shrugs* Polls say 30% of the nation identifies as independent. There is no independent party. So I think somebody is screwing with some number to think they aren't.

9. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Good for Gary... Fuck the Obama Romney progressive say anything monster that both the Democrat and Republican party have become.

10. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Man, we live is such an ass backwards country. The rules should be more along the lines of giving 100,000 thousand or maybe more signatures for you to be included in the debates, even if that gets 3-12 people on stage. This bullshit of you have to be polly 10-15% when most polling agencies don’t even include anyone other than Dem/Rep people makes no sense whatsoever.

The more I learn about how our country is run they less respect for the US I have. Hell Republicans have done their best to get Gary off the ballots in states… Think about how low life scum bag that is.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1