Interesting..... Gary Johnson files anti trust lawsuit

If you have the resources and money and supporters to get on the ballot in enough states to win 270 electoral votes is not some random joe.

Money doesn't equal support.

Donald trump could get on every state ballot, but I'd bet 90% of the people who add their signature in each state vote for someone else on election day.

He has the support though. He has the support to get on the ballot and he has the support of people signing a petition to get him on the ballot and to rally for him etc...where do you think 85% of the Ron Paul supporters went to? the other 15% is split between 5% writing in RP 5% supporting Willard 5% not voting.
I 100% agree Johnson has the support. I'm talking in general, not specifically about Johnson.

I dont think Johnson should be denied a podium at the debates because he's only on 47 state ballots, and I dont think someone else has earned a place if they manage to make all 50 state ballots. I think anyone who can rally 5% of Americans and is on enough ballots to possibly win, should be included.

Last edited:
If there was a method by which Johnson would have been included and he failed to meet the requirements, how is that anti-trust? :eusa_eh:

If Gary Johnson wins the anti trust claim does that mean that Jill Stein will be allowed to participate too?

i think gary johnson should host his own debate and invite both romney and obama. if they don't show....he can eastwood them

:lol:

I have no problem with him being there.. In a free Republic, all voices should be heard to include the Green Party nominee, etc.

True enough,we need more voices,the only problem is a split vote,it always works for the worst.

We would today be wondering who were those two from Arkansas again Bill and who was that women.

If you have the resources and money and supporters to get on the ballot in enough states to win 270 electoral votes is not some random joe.

Btw as it stands right now, Johnson only has a lock on 47 states as the GOP have filed suit to keep him off the ballot in several states.
Yeah I know...nazi style tactics as usual.

If there was a method by which Johnson would have been included and he failed to meet the requirements, how is that anti-trust? :eusa_eh:

Because the 2 parties are the ones deciding the criteria not exactly a neutral group doing the debates here.

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, "maintains that the Republican and Democratic Parties, through the CPD, indefensibly limit access of other candidates to the marketplace of ideas and the opportunity to be employed in these highest offices in the land, and in so doing are violating the Sherman Anti-Trust Act of 1890."

Not very ‘libertarian’ of him:

[Libertarians] therefore call for the repeal of all "anti-trust" laws, including the Robinson-Patman Act which restricts price discounts, the Sherman Anti-Trust Act, and the Clayton Anti-Trust Act.

Libertarian Party Platform - MONOPOLIES

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, "maintains that the Republican and Democratic Parties, through the CPD, indefensibly limit access of other candidates to the marketplace of ideas and the opportunity to be employed in these highest offices in the land, and in so doing are violating the Sherman Anti-Trust Act of 1890."

Not very ‘libertarian’ of him:

[Libertarians] therefore call for the repeal of all "anti-trust" laws, including the Robinson-Patman Act which restricts price discounts, the Sherman Anti-Trust Act, and the Clayton Anti-Trust Act.

Libertarian Party Platform - MONOPOLIES

You're confusing antitrust laws for the marketplace with government party monopolies, but I'm guessing you knew that.

3%, not 30%, Shelzin. Get your facts right.

And, yes, he should be heard.

Ron Paul Supporters Will Appreciate: Gary Johnson Files Anti Trust Claim Against the CPD in the Name of Liberty

In a stunning move sure to bring publicity to his campaign, Libertarian Party presidential nominee Gary Johnson has filed an anti-trust claim against the National Commission on Presidential Debates. Johnson aims to secure a spot in the debates and give America a real choice in 2012.

The suit was filed within hours of the announcement that only Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney and Democratic incumbent President Barack Obama would be allowed to take part in the debates. According the debate website, the commission's purpose is to "to ensure that debates, as a permanent part of every general election, provide the best possible information to viewers and listeners."

How can they fulfill their stated mission if they exclude a viable alternative for the 30% of independent voters in America? That is precisely the question that the Johnson campaign is asking and demanding answers to. In addition, the campaign says that it will be filing more claims in other jurisdictions against the commission. Good for you, Gary Johnson. Be libertarian with me indeed.

The rules are upheld more strictly for third parties. They usually need far more than just the required number of petition signatures because many are deemed unsatisfactory for a myriad of reasons.

I will say this, in 2008 both Obama and McCain filed late in Texas, among I believe a couple of other states, but the motion to have them left off the ballot which was initiated by the Libertarian candidate Bob Barr, was dismissed.

That wouldn't have worked out for a third party candidate.

Barr Files Suit to Keep Obama and McCain Off Texas Ballot

3%, not 30%, Shelzin. Get your facts right.

And, yes, he should be heard.

Ron Paul Supporters Will Appreciate: Gary Johnson Files Anti Trust Claim Against the CPD in the Name of Liberty

In a stunning move sure to bring publicity to his campaign, Libertarian Party presidential nominee Gary Johnson has filed an anti-trust claim against the National Commission on Presidential Debates. Johnson aims to secure a spot in the debates and give America a real choice in 2012.

The suit was filed within hours of the announcement that only Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney and Democratic incumbent President Barack Obama would be allowed to take part in the debates. According the debate website, the commission's purpose is to "to ensure that debates, as a permanent part of every general election, provide the best possible information to viewers and listeners."

How can they fulfill their stated mission if they exclude a viable alternative for the 30% of independent voters in America? That is precisely the question that the Johnson campaign is asking and demanding answers to. In addition, the campaign says that it will be filing more claims in other jurisdictions against the commission. Good for you, Gary Johnson. Be libertarian with me indeed.
o.0

How can they fulfill their stated mission if they exclude a viable alternative for the 30% of independent voters in America?

Not because he says they are, son. And certainly not validated by you, either. :lol:

Let's see some credible evidence and stats. I wouldn't take the word of a hardcore libertarian any more than I would a bfgrn or an Uncensored, crazees from either side of the spectrum.

Who the fuck is Gary Johnson?

Forum List

Back