Intelligent Life?

colehart

May 31, 2005
Couldn't sleep, so I turn on the telly to catch a rebroadcast of Meet The Press. Russert ask the astronauts if they think there is intelligent life somewhere out in space. All said yes! Do you agree/disagree? Why? If as some have proclaimed there is a more advanced civilization out there, why have they not contacted us and helped us solve the foam problem. I know there have been all these weird sightings, etc. Some have even claimed to be taken aboard and prodded/probed. Again, if they are intelligent enough to get here and return to their home planet, what are they afraid of? Why don't they communicate and share their vast knowledge.

personally id have to say yes. space is HUGE. weve hardly begun to explore the beginning of it. wed be foolish to think we are the only intelligent beings in all of space.

colehart said:
..Russert ask the astronauts if they think there is intelligent life somewhere out in space. All said yes! Do you agree/disagree? Why? ...
I agree with them.
Since there are probably more than 100,000,000,000 galaxies in the visible universe and
a typical galaxy may contain 10 million to one trillion or more stars, I'd say the odds are pretty good.
Why don't they communicate and share their vast knowledge.
Perhaps they don't consider us "intelligent life ". Just a thought.:)

colehart said:
Couldn't sleep, so I turn on the telly to catch a rebroadcast of Meet The Press. Russert ask the astronauts if they think there is intelligent life somewhere out in space. All said yes! Do you agree/disagree? Why? If as some have proclaimed there is a more advanced civilization out there, why have they not contacted us and helped us solve the foam problem. I know there have been all these weird sightings, etc. Some have even claimed to be taken aboard and prodded/probed. Again, if they are intelligent enough to get here and return to their home planet, what are they afraid of? Why don't they communicate and share their vast knowledge.

Could be that, with their vast knowledge, they have deemed our warring planet too young to be able to handle their advanced knowledge responsibly. Would you really want there to be an anti-matter bomb, capable of yields that dwarf thermonuclear explosions, somewhere on this planet? I know I wouldn't.

Hobbit said:
Could be that, with their vast knowledge, they have deemed our warring planet too young to be able to handle their advanced knowledge responsibly. Would you really want there to be an anti-matter bomb, capable of yields that dwarf thermonuclear explosions, somewhere on this planet? I know I wouldn't.

What if they deem us too peacelike? If you notice, much of our advances in technology come from our war machine. If we are more peaceful than other intelligent life it may take us much longer to get to their technological level...

Just a thought....

It may be that they cannot understand us at all, they may use other means to communicate over long distances than radio waves, their science may have taken a whole totally different tack than ours. There can be many different reasons, other than the most obvious. Space is huge, it will be difficult to find other species to interact with in such a large place.

no1tovote4 said:
What if they deem us too peacelike? If you notice, much of our advances in technology come from our war machine. If we are more peaceful than other intelligent life it may take us much longer to get to their technological level...

That was an episode of The Twilight Zone or Outer Limits.

An alien showed up at the UN claiming the Earth was started as their project. World wars have gone by, and we haven't gotten any better...thus, they will wipe-clean all life on the planet, and start again.

After discussion they gave the UN 24 hrs to make things right.

When the Alien came back, they said "Okay - we have done it. We now have 100% world Peace."

The Alien laughed...

"Pity - when I said 'you haven't gotten any better' I meant 'not any better at KILLING. We bread you to become WARRIORS, not Peacenicks' or something...

:)

Forum List

Back