Intellectual Property hypocrisy?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Linking to a youtube music video just now, an old pet peeve came back to mind, why it posting copyrighted music videos on youtube legal, but downloading an mp3 of that same content illegal?

Torrent sites periodically get taken down for piracy offering to connect indepenent users with copyrighted IP to share those files with one another. Yet youtube does the same thing and doesn't get touched? Did they pay off the right people?

Maybe you're confusing Copyright with Fair Use?

YouTube is actually clamping down on Music I've noticed. Occasionally I'll find a song has been muted due to complaints from the copyright owners. Pink Floyd is the biggest complainers and "muters" I've seen.

But it's the Internet so there's always a "work around" right?

I have a website on my book marks (I won't post it) that allows anyone to enter a YouTube url and download that video as an MP3 whether it was muted or not!

Hint: Google search something like, oh I don't know, "YouTube to MP3 Converter" or something like that?

My video downloader is just an extension on my Chrome Browser. It doesn't work for ALL the videos, just most of them.

Then you wouldn't seem so desperate starting all these threads just to strike up some meaningless conversation because you're lonely.
Like most people who post here right?

My Wife wouldn't THINK of wasting her time on a Message Board because she's the friendliest, most outgoing person you'll ever meet. She has a FaceBook with more than a thousand "friends" but doesn't like THAT either.

But I do because I'm NOT the friendliest, most outgoing person you'll ever meet. Which is probably why my Wife and I are so good together.

Leviathan Logo

Legality of marketing is all in presentation of economic intentionality. Fan videos are rarely 'investigated,' but criticism videos are more scrutinized on YouTube.

Perhaps this is because the modern age of consumerism (i.e., eTrade, Facebook, etc.) is marked by 'iconography profiteerism.'

Thomas Hobbes wrote in his political satire treatise "Levitathan" (1651) that contract design reveals all the logic and logistics of capital muscle.

:afro:

Pandora Radio (Wikipedia)

Leviathan (Wikipedia)

arrow.jpg starbucks.png Swatch (2).jpg
gotham.jpg

iBook.jpg

Forum List

Back