Insurer: She Should Have Known That Her Bleeding Breast Was Not An ‘Emergency’

have you noticed one thing in common here?

they are ALL in California
ever think that might have more to do with it than anything else?

California easily has the most cases but it is happening everywhere across the country.

I would wager that all these stories are hyped and sensationalized.

If you're not going to bother to read the stories, don't act like you have.

List of preexisting conditions includes being an “expectant father” « MNpublius.com

Look at the list of some of the "uninsurable conditions." This basically leaves loopholes open the size of the Grand Canyon to nail people. Never mind the fact that being Firefighters and Police Officers are pre-existing conditions. "Sure, you're a hero but NO INSURANCE FOR YOU!" :eusa_eh:

We found an isolated extreme example of something, lets revamp everything to make up for it.
I must be an isolated example of abuse by an insurance company also. These companies that do this type of thing should have to pay extreme penalties. In Idaho she would be able to sue them for one hundred times the amount of what they were suppose to pay for to begin with and rightfully so. Since so many state legislators have been bought and paid for not to protect their citizens with insurance regulations and stiff penalties it appears the mobsters in charge in DC will do something about it for them while the people cry out for justice. The people are simple enough to think that the DC crew currently in charge is looking out for their best interest when actually they are not.

Everything is hyped in the media. I hear horror stories about government run healthcare to, more than private insurance. I am such a horror story.

Everything is hyped in the media. I hear horror stories about government run healthcare to, more than private insurance. I am such a horror story.

So because of that you feel that there should be no reform when it comes to the current system? :eusa_eh:

You're basing your answers with no evidence and rather just what you hope to be true. I have a feeling I could have a hundred links and you'd still be saying the current system is just being "drawn out as a horror story by those bastards in media".

California easily has the most cases but it is happening everywhere across the country.

Of course they are, that's why nobody I personally know has ever known anybody with an extreme situation like what I quoted. Ho hum.

Of course they are, that's why nobody I personally know has ever known anybody with an extreme situation like what I quoted. Ho hum.

Do you know 300 million people? :eusa_eh:

Just because you don't know anyone who has never been in any sort of situation like this doesn't mean they don't exist.

So because of that you feel that there should be no reform when it comes to the current system? :eusa_eh:

You're basing your answers with no evidence and rather just what you hope to be true. I have a feeling I could have a hundred links and you'd still be saying the current system is just being "drawn out as a horror story by those bastards in media".

Reform is not what Obama is doing, he is taking over. Reform would be getting rid of all the government agencies and regulations then establishing new regulations in place of them. Adding more regulations or turning the power to the government completely is not reform.

come on, thats pure anecdotal, just because "no one you know" has had it is a poor way to attempt to debate it

this case, was a sure example of the insurance company trying to deny coverage
they were paid to provide it, they should have
they fucked up

Yeah...it must have just been a mistake.

I think the patient just misinterpreted what the insurance company had decided.
i didnt say they made a mistake
i said that they screwed up
there is a difference

So by "screwed up", would you say that the insurance committed malpractice?
yeah, thats about it
they sold their services and then tried to deny the coverage

Reform is not what Obama is doing, he is taking over. Reform would be getting rid of all the government agencies and regulations then establishing new regulations in place of them. Adding more regulations or turning the power to the government completely is not reform.

This thread has NOTHING to do with Obama. It has to do with the INSURANCE COMPANIES. I'm talking about reform in general, not anything being offered up in Congress currently.

You're avoiding the topic with deflections and I'd ask nicely that you'd stop doing so.

This thread has NOTHING to do with Obama. It has to do with the INSURANCE COMPANIES. I'm talking about reform in general, not anything being offered up in Congress currently.

You're avoiding the topic with deflections and I'd ask nicely that you'd stop doing so.

Well, we explained to you that no one is against some reform, so what is your point? This isn't common practice, even though the media makes it look like it, and there are laws against it if people are willing to actually do something about it. First, you read the policy and don't sign it unless you agree 100% with it, second when they break the contract you sue them. It's that simple.

We found an isolated extreme example of something, lets revamp everything to make up for it.
I must be an isolated example of abuse by an insurance company also. These companies that do this type of thing should have to pay extreme penalties. In Idaho she would be able to sue them for one hundred times the amount of what they were suppose to pay for to begin with and rightfully so. Since so many state legislators have been bought and paid for not to protect their citizens with insurance regulations and stiff penalties it appears the mobsters in charge in DC will do something about it for them while the people cry out for justice. The people are simple enough to think that the DC crew currently in charge is looking out for their best interest when actually they are not.

:clap2:That is great! Go IDAHO!

Well, we explained to you that no one is against some reform, so what is your point? This isn't common practice, even though the media makes it look like it, and there are laws against it if people are willing to actually do something about it. First, you read the policy and don't sign it unless you agree 100% with it, second when they break the contract you sue them. It's that simple.

Except this is becoming common practice. The number of cases continue to rise, which shows there is a major problem afoot.

It's not so simple when you're dying in a hospital bed or being crushed by debt and cannot even afford lawyers.

It's not so simple when you need insurance and all of these companies have the same sort of clauses that can end up fucking you over.

It's not so simple when these companies are out to make money whether that means it kills Americans or not. How is that American? I ask you or anyone else willing to answer that.

That is wrong to the highest degree. We can not stand by as a nation and allow this sort of bullshit to continue. It is both a mark upon this great nation and our values as well.

Last edited:

No, it really isn't that simple. In order to sue, most people would need an attorney. Insurance companies know this, in fact they count on it. As far as reading the policy, most people get what they get from their employer. They haven't read the policy, they probably chose from some bullet points or didn't choose at all and took what was offered.

No, it really isn't that simple. In order to sue, most people would need an attorney. Insurance companies know this, in fact they count on it. As far as reading the policy, most people get what they get from their employer. They haven't read the policy, they probably chose from some bullet points or didn't choose at all and took what was offered.

No, they count on people being lazy, which seems to be a bigger trend in the US lately. You can get an attorney free, and even those "better" attorneys will often not collect unless they win now. If they haven't read the policy before they signed it, then it's their own damned fault, not the company.

No, they count on people being lazy, which seems to be a bigger trend in the US lately. You can get an attorney free, and even those "better" attorneys will often not collect unless they win now. If they haven't read the policy before they signed it, then it's their own damned fault, not the company.

When in doubt, blame the sick and desperate. Nice. Anything else? Going to stomp on some small animals while you're at it to go for the gold? :thup:

When in doubt, blame the sick and desperate. Nice. Anything else? Going to stomp on some small animals while you're at it to go for the gold? :thup:

You aren't sick and desperate when you sign the policy.

Forum List

Back