Insurer: She Should Have Known That Her Bleeding Breast Was Not An ‘Emergency’

Nobody gets an attorney for free. You are simply wrong there. If you're a criminal that can't afford an attorney you get one for free, but you don't get a free attorney for a civil action.

Back in 1982, Andrew Tobias wrote "Invisible Bankers: Everything the Insurance Industry Never Wanted You to Know". That was 27 years ago. Back then, one in 30 VALID claims were ever pursued. It's only gotten worse. Add to that, that it takes an average of 7 years to wind your way through the court system in any case involving the insurance industry. Justice delayed, is justice denied.

You aren't sick and desperate when you sign the policy.

Some may be. You seem to be ignoring the points being made and just shrug going "Hey, it's their fault." It's not that simple, nothing in life is.

Nobody gets an attorney for free. You are simply wrong there. If you're a criminal that can't afford an attorney you get one for free, but you don't get a free attorney for a civil action.

Back in 1982, Andrew Tobias wrote "Invisible Bankers: Everything the Insurance Industry Never Wanted You to Know". That was 27 years ago. Back then, one in 30 VALID claims were ever pursued. It's only gotten worse. Add to that, that it takes an average of 7 years to wind your way through the court system in any case involving the insurance industry. Justice delayed, is justice denied.

Um ... yes you can, there are many organizations (often funded by insurance companies) that pay your fees if you can't find one that doesn't base their fee on how much they win. :cuckoo:

You aren't sick and desperate when you sign the policy.

Some may be. You seem to be ignoring the points being made and just shrug going "Hey, it's their fault." It's not that simple, nothing in life is.

If you are already sick and desperate you are usually on state or federal funded insurance. Even then, I have not met one person who cannot read what they sign except in a comma or dead already. It's simple, read before you sign.

You are correct it has only gotten worse. Not only that many bankers own much of the insurance industry now and also many judges are bought and paid for. The people are screwed. Attorneys are not free and many here in this state are already bought and paid for by both insurance companies and the banks, those who already work for these insurance companies and banks can tell you good luck but that is all they can do for you or they risk being in violation of the ethic codes. Not that ethics mean much to all attorneys but still they can be brought up on charges by powerful industries such as insurance and banking. I'm sure that is the same case in many other states.

Um ... yes you can, there are many organizations (often funded by insurance companies) that pay your fees if you can't find one that doesn't base their fee on how much they win. :cuckoo:

Now you're just making shit up. I don't want anybody reading this to think you know what you are talking about, because you don't. As a person who has actually sued, I can tell you that you are beyond wrong and drove right into crazy town. My thing was with homeowners and it involved expert witnesses and 50 page motions. I know the insurance company spent 4 to 5 times on attorneys what the claim was. I made sure of that.

Last edited:

Now you're just making shit up. I don't want anybody reading this to think you know what you are talking about, because you don't. As a person who has actually sued, I can tell you that you are beyond wrong and drove right into crazy town. My thing was with homeowners and it involved expert witnesses and and 50 page motions. I know the insurance company spent 4 to 5 times on attorneys what the claim was. I made sure of that.

Yeah ... sure ... :cuckoo:

Now you're just making shit up. I don't want anybody reading this to think you know what you are talking about, because you don't. As a person who has actually sued, I can tell you that you are beyond wrong and drove right into crazy town. My thing was with homeowners and it involved expert witnesses and 50 page motions. I know the insurance company spent 4 to 5 times on attorneys what the claim was. I made sure of that.
so, you filed a law suit knowing you couldnt win

I did win.

Yet you couldn't find anyone willing to do it pro-bono? Not one lawyer? :cuckoo:

No. Absolutely not. You're the cuckoo. In fact, the insurance company sued me, then I counter-sued. First it went to an administrative hearing which was rigged, but they sued me before that was concluded so they lost that venue. Their suit was thrown out and mine rocked on for 6 years. They sued me to go to appraisal, which I had already done and therefore since the appraisal broke down through no fault of mine, I was free to go to court. One judge had to retire early and another one had to recuse himself for making a ruling when none was sought. I would have had him retire too but I was busy with other things at the time. The insurance company's attorney was having meltdowns in the court room. It was quite the thriller. All sorts of illegal stuff was going on in the background.

Finding links on the internet is not the same as real life. As I soon found out, I knew more about the laws regarding appraisals than the opposing attorneys or judges. Oddly enough I had to apply and receive permission from the chief judge to even get into the law library at the courthouse. Most other counties, the law libraries are open to the public, and the law says so, not so in this particular county. The laws meant nothing to the state insurance administration as well. They are bought and paid for by the insurance industry. The point being is that this is an extremely complicated set of laws and most attorneys don't have a clue about it even though it is a part of most insurance policies. No attorney would have wanted to get entangled in the crooked court system such as it was [and still may be] and hope to work within that community again.

Wow ... so no one can find these links when they are sick, only when healthy? :lol:
You can't make this shit up.

Why not? You do. Nobody said anything about being sick and not being able to find links. I read the pro bono link for my state. Not one entry for the type of case I had.

Wow ... so no one can find these links when they are sick, only when healthy? :lol:
You can't make this shit up.

Why not? You do. Nobody said anything about being sick and not being able to find links. I read the pro bono link for my state. Not one entry for the type of case I had.

The results I posted were a quick search, if someone actually needed help they can find it if they aren't too lazy.

And if you think it will be one damn bit better when the government is taing care of all your health care needs you are kidding yourselves.

The same bureaucratic assholes that are looking to save the insurance companies a dime will now be trying to save the government a dime. The only difference is that the goivernment is a hell of a lot harder to sue. You'd best become real close friends with your congress critter because that'll be about the only hope you've got of getting uncle sam to pay up when one of his idiot functionaries does something like this.

And if you think it will be one damn bit better when the government is taing care of all your health care needs you are kidding yourselves.

The same bureaucratic assholes that are looking to save the insurance companies a dime will now be trying to save the government a dime. The only difference is that the goivernment is a hell of a lot harder to sue. You'd best become real close friends with your congress critter because that'll be about the only hope you've got of getting uncle sam to pay up when one of his idiot functionaries does something like this.

Forum List

Back