Instead of Jobs Bill, House Explores Bill on NONEXISTENT EPA REGS

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
If they weren't so pathetic, the House would be really, really funny...

Impenetrable gridlock has forced Washington into an era of government-by-talking-point, and earlier this year Republicans found what they saw as the ideal talking point to illustrate a federal bureaucracy gone batty.

The Environmental Protection Agency, they warned, was trying to regulate something only God could control: the dust in the wind.

EPA puts out global call for environment photos.

“Now, here comes my favorite of the crazy regulatory acts. The EPA is now proposing rules to regulate dust,” Rep. John Carter (R-Tex.) said on the House floor. He said Texas was full of dusty roads: “The EPA is now saying you can be fined for driving home every night on your gravel road.”

There was just one flaw in this argument. It was not true.

The EPA’s new dust rule did not exist. It never did.

House panel to vote on phantom EPA dust rule - The Washington Post

Impenetrable gridlock has forced Washington into an era of government-by-talking-point, and earlier this year Republicans found what they saw as the ideal talking point to illustrate a federal bureaucracy gone batty.

The Environmental Protection Agency, they warned, was trying to regulate something only God could control: the dust in the wind.

“Now, here comes my favorite of the crazy regulatory acts. The EPA is now proposing rules to regulate dust,” Rep. John Carter (R-Tex.) said on the House floor. He said Texas was full of dusty roads: “The EPA is now saying you can be fined for driving home every night on your gravel road.”

The jobs bill was tabled in the senate, it has yet to go to the congressional house.

So that's probably why they are not debating it. DUMBASS!!!

We don't need a 'jobs bill' where the government spends something it don't have and wastes good money that would otherwise be spent in the private sector instead of in red-tape filled governmental bureaucracy...

Unfortunately, if they pass a spending cut or a tax plan that starts making the ~50% who do not pay fed income tax have a stake in the game, it will get shot down by the Senate and/or Obamalama

So... While I don't like it.. this congress is not going to get much of anything done

The jobs bill was tabled in the senate, it has yet to go to the congressional house.

I think her point was that instead of working on job related bills, this was what they were discussing.

Problem with even that, is that it was a minor issue they debated, along with a bunch of other minor issues, none of which took any real time away from passing about 20 job related bills... ALL of which are now sitting on Harry Reids desk gathering dust.

i realize it's beyond your comprehension, but the reason the senate took the jobs bill first (which they AREN'T supposed to do) is because the House nutters figure if there are no jobs, the president loses.

That should clarify things ... even for subliterates like you.

Last edited:
How long will it take the retards on the left to understand that the House has sent it's jobs bill over to the Senate and that the retard Reid has tabled them? How long?

i realize it's beyond your comprehension, but the reason the senate took the jobs bill first (which they AREN'T supposed to do) is because the House nutters figue if there are no jobs, the president loses.

seek help. you brain has failed you.

I think her point was that instead of working on job related bills, this was what they were discussing.

Problem with even that, is that it was a minor issue they debated, along with a bunch of other minor issues, none of which took any real time away from passing about 20 job related bills... ALL of which are now sitting on Harry Reids desk gathering dust.

You're correct about what my point is. The House is only focusing on bills they know won't pass the senate (like ones messing with reproductive choice and contraception) and refuse to address anything that is necessary.

A minor issue... yes. and probably wouldn't take time away from a real agenda. My problem is they have no real agenda that would do anything worthwhile. And that's intentional. They've decided to stonewall until after the 2012 election.

And seriously.. bills about nonexistent EPA regs and nonbinding resolutions declaring that our motto is what our motto has always been?? this is what the Grand Ole Party has become?

I miss Senator Pothole.

Last edited:
They'd be much better served by focusing on the reams of idiotic regulations that do exist, like the spotted owl or goofy smelt crapola that are strangling legitimatize and needed industry....Better yet if they just defunded the bunch of turkey necks.

i realize it's beyond your comprehension, but the reason the senate took the jobs bill first (which they AREN'T supposed to do) is because the House nutters figue if there are no jobs, the president loses.

then WHY are there 20 or so jobs related bills passed in the House, now sitting on Reids desk in the Senate?

They'd be much better served by focusing on the reams of idiotic regulations that do exist, like the spotted owl or goofy smelt crapola that are strangling legitimatize and needed industry....Better yet if they just defunded the bunch of turkey necks.

some de=regulation is in the bill the House sent to the Senate..

She said "jobs bill" and as I said it has been tabled in the senate. You would think she being a lawyer (which I have my doubts), would understand the way a bill is passed.

And let's not forget this gem!

House reaffirms 'In God We Trust' as official U.S. motto
House reaffirms 'In God We Trust' as official U.S. motto - latimes.com

Now that really helped job creation! And Obama claims this is a "do nothing Congress"?

Who said that aren't supposed to??

The only only types of bills that must originate in the House are the ones that raise revenue.

Are you saying this jobs bill Obama introduced raises revenue?

Bills can be introduced in either house with that one exception.

then WHY are there 20 or so jobs related bills passed in the House, now sitting on Reids desk in the Senate?

they are tax cut bills... more of the right's effort to starve government til they can drown it in a bathtub. there is not one thing that actually creates jobs.

and before you say tax cuts create jobs, if that were the case, the tax cuts over the last 10 years have done nothing but led to increased income disparity. daddy bush was right when he called it voodoo economics.... not to mention the trillions business is intentionally sitting on.

And let's not forget this gem!

House reaffirms 'In God We Trust' as official U.S. motto
House reaffirms 'In God We Trust' as official U.S. motto - latimes.com

Now that really helped job creation! And Obama claims this is a "do nothing Congress"?
There was no debate there, and the vote took 20 minutes, and all but 9 Democrats voted in favor.

20 minutes killed jobs? Really?

Who said that aren't supposed to??

The only only types of bills that must originate in the House are the ones that raise revenue.

Are you saying this jobs bill Obama introduced raises revenue?

Bills can be introduced in either house with that one exception.

I think it does.. It asks for a trillion or so in tax revenue from rich white jews.

i realize it's beyond your comprehension, but the reason the senate took the jobs bill first (which they AREN'T supposed to do) is because the House nutters figure if there are no jobs, the president loses.

Uh...Jillian...you are making an ass of yuourself.

I suggest you find out the truth about what bills were passed by the house and tabled in the senate before youblast the house for ignoriing jobs bills.

Forum List

Back