Instagram influencer, 22, moans learning about World War 2~ it harms millennials’ mental health

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The Scottish Sun ^ | 11/2/2019

A young Instagram influencer has whinged that learning about World War 2 harms millennials’ mental health.

Freddie Bentley, 22, said he thought the schools’ curriculum on the devastating conflict should be cut back because it was “so intense”.

Bentley, who appeared on The Circle, told Good Morning Britain today: “It was a hard situation, World War 2, I don't want anyone to think I'm being disrespectful.”

He added: “I remember learning it as a child thinking ‘Oh my God it's so intense’.”

He thought that any mental health issues a youngster may have could be worsened by learning about the war that saw the Allied forces defeat Nazi Germany.

He told the show’s presenters Ben Shephard and Kate Garraway: “'I don't think encouraging death or telling people how many people died in the world war is going to make it better.”

Instead of youngsters learning about the horrendous war that claimed at least 70million lives, Bentley suggested schools could instruct pupils in topics such as understanding Brexit and how to get a mortgage.

He said: “There's so many problems going on in the world, like Brexit, that's not taught in schools.

“When I left school it hit me like a ton of bricks - I didn't know anything to do with life."

Currently, Key Stage 3 pupils learn about about the war, covering areas such as the rise of Adolf Hitler and the Nazis, the Battle of Dunkirk and Winston Churchill's leadership.

Many though took to social media to take issue with his claims, saying the war was a key historical moment and many had lost their lives for freedom.

The comments come after contestants on The Apprentice revealed they didn’t know when World War 2 started.

During the scavenger hunt task an item on the list was the Alice in Wonderland series which was printed before World War II, which led to several of the candidates asking questions about when the war actually started.

Only controversial contestant Lottie Lion on Team Unison knew the correct dates, telling her group: "Just ensure that it is before 1939."

------------'

Dear, little Freddy.... promoting the 3rd sex!
FreddieFromGram2-1024x981.png

hey, Federica.....
hqdefault.jpg

Hey little boy, or whatever imagine like being in World War II

Taking gun fire as you try to take Omaha beach

Going from house to house in little German and French towns with snipers shooting at you

Discovering Birkenau and all the other concentration camps

OMG. that bothers your little snowflake mind ! why don’t you take a trip to Syria and live there for a week- or better yet go to any province in Pakistan or Afghanistan and try your snowflake crap....just make sure there are no high buildings!

There is a reason we teach children the Kumbaya version of the Pilgrims and native Americans and Thanksgiving well before we teach them the genocide version of American history.

Forum List

Back