"Insourcing American Jobs"

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Will it happen? Is there hope?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama kicked off an effort to encourage U.S. businesses to keep jobs at home instead of outsourcing them overseas, as he rolled out a new election-year theme on Saturday aimed at courting middle-class voters.

In his weekly radio and video address, Obama previewed an event he will hold next week with business executives to highlight the advantages of investing in the United States.

"We'll hear from business leaders who are bringing jobs back home and see how we can help other businesses follow their lead," Obama said.

Obama Tells U.S. Businesses To Bring Jobs 'Back Home'

Good for Obama. However without the govt forcing them to onshore jobs, the businesses will continue to offshore jobs.

Last edited:
Good for Obama. However without the govt forcing them to the businesses will continue to offshore jobs.

Forcing

Or

Freedom

WTF?

Ohh they have the freedom to do as they wish.
However I think they should be finiancially disinclined from offshoring jobs.
I certainly do not one dime of my tax money supporting the exportation if US jobs.

Obama Lip service and you know it.

Both sides pick the winners and that will not change.

Forcing

Or

Freedom

WTF?

I certainly do not one dime of my tax money supporting the exportation if US jobs.

Yep lip service, Knew it had not a snowballs chance in hell of going anywhere for another 3-4 years. But it should not be just lip service. Have any of the Republican candidates said anything about wanting corps to onshore jobs?

Yep lip service, Knew it had not a snowballs chance in hell of going anywhere for another 3-4 years. But it should not be just lip service. Have any of the Republican candidates said anything about wanting corps to onshore jobs?

The number one thing that could correct this is not even being discussed.

Tax reform.

Tax reform.

Yep a pure flat tax on all income. NO deductions, etc. A flat 20% for corporations and 15% for individuals.

Australia has a flat corporate tax and they are considered business friendly.
I think theirs is 20%.

This is Obama channeling Canute. Just like he told businesses to start hiring, like it was going to do any good, now he is telling them to bring jobs back here.
But without addressing why they do this in the first place it is just noise. He might as well be Ron Paul.

Tax reform.

Yep a pure flat tax on all income. NO deductions, etc. A flat 20% for corporations and 15% for individuals.

Australia has a flat corporate tax and they are considered business friendly.
I think theirs is 20%.

:D :eusa_clap:

Tax reform.

Tax reform has only made the problem worse so far, why do you think it will make it better?

Tax reform.

Tax reform has only made the problem worse so far, why do you think it will make it better?

How has tax reform made the problem worse?
I realize asking for a rational explanation, possibly with facts to support it, is like asking a tree for the time. But we try.

22 months of private sector job growth.

The only thing holding down the unemployment rate is the loss of government jobs.

Isn't this what Republicans want, smaller government?

The cost of energy and union retirement demands as well as federal, state and local income and other taxation is what sends US businesses overseas. When you have a president calling the venerable US Chamber of Commerce a "sinister tool of the GOP it's easy to see where he stands on the economy. When you factor in the impact of the federal health care mess it seems nobody wants to engage in manufactirung in the hostile climate democrats have created for businesses. When Barry hires a communist to be on his "green jobs board" and their ain't no green jobs that gives you a hint about the mismanagement of Barry's regime.

Good for Obama. However without the govt forcing them to the businesses will continue to offshore jobs.

Forcing

Or

Freedom

WTF?

As someone said, here, "lip service." Obama has, nor will, do anything to bring prosperity to America. It isn't in the Rules for Radicals or Cloward and Piven strategies, that he is following to a T.

There much more to the story as usual. Here's the full text of HR 2847:

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/HIRE act.pdf

Any funds transferred from the US to any overseas account are subject to a new tax equal to 30 percent of the total amount of the payment – unless the payment is sent to a foreign bank that has agreed to report all American-owned accounts automatically and electronically to the US government.

The first half of the bill contains incentives to invest and hire domestically. The second half starting at TITLE V on page 27 contains unprecedented capital controls and seizures of US assets held overseas in foreign financial institutions. The bill essentially taxes 30% of all US-sourced capital outflows lol. Not only that, if a foreign bank holds a US owned account, said foreign bank must by order of US federal law comply to disclose full details and Taxpayer Identification Number of all US account holders doing business with said foreign bank or else close the accounts. All transfers between US sources and said foreign bank will also be subject to 30% withholding.

So starting Jan 1st 2013, foreign banks across the globe are going to have to choose between:

a) complying with the US' coercive and impractical disclosure requirements while bearing all the expense of acting essentially as a foreign branch of the IRS;

b) forfeiting 30% of their US asset deposits;

c) take a catastrophic hit and stop investing in US assets altogether; or

d) call the US' bluff and challenge the authority of the US to unilaterally supersede international law in financially regulating and taxing the banking industries of foreign sovereign nations.

This should get very interesting; Switzerland is already at odds with the US over this and they will not be the only ones. Can you imagine Russia not taking exception the US' liquidation of Russian banks? For the past 40 years we've used our military hegemony to impose USD demand upon the rest of the world, now we'll need it in order to seize those USDs from the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Tax reform.

How has tax reform made the problem worse?
I realize asking for a rational explanation, possibly with facts to support it, is like asking a tree for the time. But we try.

Tax cuts from Obama and Bush have only succeeded in widening the gap between the middle class and the uber wealthy.

Forum List

Back