Influence Of The Supreme Court

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
OK. So, lefties are out to get several conservative justices by digging up any ethics thing they can while not even investigating the liberals on the court at all. Surprise, surprise there. Anywho, let's say that lobbyists, etc have been pursuing Supreme Court justices and plying them with all kinds of favors and gifts. Does anyone here actually believe that receiving these things is swaying the votes of any of these justices? I won't talk about the liberal justices here at all because, of course, the left aren't even investigating them. But, when conservative lobby groups engage in this behavior with conservative justices, is it really changing any of their votes on anything? I mean were these conservative justices really thinking about voting in favor of liberal cases but changed their mind because they were lobbied and gifted by conservative groups and individuals?

IDK but the way this court has been going on standing this term, the liberals might have to cheer a few conservatives when the student loan decision comes down. I don't see how they could say states have standing in that case and not in the ICE case.

Anyway, once you are appointed, you are appointed. There are no ethics rules applicable to them other than they can be impeached and removed by Congress. The rest is just teeth gnashing.

IDK but the way this court has been going on standing this term, the liberals might have to cheer a few conservatives when the student loan decision comes down. I don't see how they could say states have standing in that case and not in the ICE case.

Anyway, once you are appointed, you are appointed. There are no ethics rules applicable to them other than they can be impeached and removed by Congress. The rest is just teeth gnashing.
There damn sure SHOULD be ethics rules for the highest court in the land

OK. So, lefties are out to get several conservative justices by digging up any ethics thing they can while not even investigating the liberals on the court at all. Surprise, surprise there. Anywho, let's say that lobbyists, etc have been pursuing Supreme Court justices and plying them with all kinds of favors and gifts. Does anyone here actually believe that receiving these things is swaying the votes of any of these justices? I won't talk about the liberal justices here at all because, of course, the left aren't even investigating them. But, when conservative lobby groups engage in this behavior with conservative justices, is it really changing any of their votes on anything? I mean were these conservative justices really thinking about voting in favor of liberal cases but changed their mind because they were lobbied and gifted by conservative groups and individuals?
Absolutely yes they are swaying votes! You fuckers, including Moscow Mitch, packed SCOTUS illegally!

Absolutely yes they are swaying votes! You fuckers, including Moscow Mitch, packed SCOTUS illegally!
1687544631699.jpeg

Is there something stopping conservatives from looking into Sotomayor or Kegan?

So, you're saying that a conservative justice would have voted in favor of a liberal case but for lobbyists buying off conservative justices?

Is there something stopping conservatives from looking into Sotomayor or Kegan?
Nope. But, as I asked, do you really think conservative justices are being influenced by these other conservatives and lobbyists? In other words, but for them would these conservative justices be voting in favor of liberal cases?

Does the OP think that ethics violations are fine if they were "going to vote that way anyway"?
First, thanks for admitting that these things haven't changed any votes. Some of your fellow liberals couldn't even admit that. So, kudos to you!

Second, can you link to the ethics rules of the Supreme Court that were violated?

Forum List

Back