Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)

Wow...Does your naïveté know any bounds?
:lol: The only thing one can use an ITIN for is to file a tax return. The reason they are given out is so people working here that aren't citizens can fulfill their OBLIGATION to pay income tax.

Sometimes I wonder if you just fell off the boat.
I'll score the answer to my question a big "NO".

I run my business ventures through an LLC that has an ITIN...I know through first-hand experience how the system works and how it can be gamed.

Speaking of people who just fell off the boat.......
You're an illegal? :eek:

General ITIN Information

The IRS has never shared information with other government agencies unless they are under court order to do so...and hopefully you panty-wetters won't get that law changed...so it is perfectly legal for an illegal to get an ITIN and pay income tax.

:lol: The only thing one can use an ITIN for is to file a tax return. The reason they are given out is so people working here that aren't citizens can fulfill their OBLIGATION to pay income tax.

Sometimes I wonder if you just fell off the boat.

I run my business ventures through an LLC that has an ITIN...I know through first-hand experience how the system works and how it can be gamed.

General ITIN Information
No...Corporations (That's the "C" in LLC) and trusts have no liability for FICA and operate under different rules for other taxes.

Those legal structures are also quite useful for discouraging frivolous lawsuits.

General ITIN Information
No...Corporations (That's the "C" in LLC) and trusts have no liability for FICA and operate under different rules for other taxes.

Those legal structures are also quite useful for discouraging frivolous lawsuits.
That's all well and good, but only non-Americans get ITINs as far as I can tell.

Who needs an ITIN?
IRS issues ITINs to foreign nationals and others who have federal tax reporting or filing requirements and do not qualify for SSNs. A non-resident alien individual not eligible for a SSN who is required to file a U.S. tax return only to claim a refund of tax under the provisions of a U.S. tax treaty needs an ITIN.

Other examples of individuals who need ITINs include:
• A nonresident alien required to file a U.S. tax return
• A U.S. resident alien (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return
• A dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
• A dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder

I would rather them have a number and pay into it through proper channels than have them steal my SSN again. It wasn't really fun contacting SS office, IRS, and reporting my identity stolen. You are never going to get them all to leave, and you are very naive if you think so. SO why don't we protect people from getting their info stolen?

Working under a 1099, their not going to pay at year end.

that wasn't even my point. I don't care if they pay or not, my point is I would rather have their own SSN than steal mine again.

That's all well and good, but only non-Americans get ITINs as far as I can tell.

Who needs an ITIN?
IRS issues ITINs to foreign nationals and others who have federal tax reporting or filing requirements and do not qualify for SSNs. A non-resident alien individual not eligible for a SSN who is required to file a U.S. tax return only to claim a refund of tax under the provisions of a U.S. tax treaty needs an ITIN.

Other examples of individuals who need ITINs include:
• A nonresident alien required to file a U.S. tax return
• A U.S. resident alien (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return
• A dependent or spouse of a U.S. citizen/resident alien
• A dependent or spouse of a nonresident alien visa holder
"Examples include", but aren't limited to.

It's also how you can get around withholding.

Like I said, the odds that illegals are using this as a way to be good little victims and pay their taxes is on an extremely low order of probability.

They can also get a EIN in about 5 minutes over the phone, and do subcontract work.

Like I said, the odds that illegals are using this as a way to be good little victims and pay their taxes is on an extremely low order of probability.
Not really...if they weren't going to file they wouldn't bother to get an ITIN in most cases. You can't use it for anything else...like collecting ss or medicare or even eeic.

Such a cynic.

I would rather them have a number and pay into it through proper channels than have them steal my SSN again. It wasn't really fun contacting SS office, IRS, and reporting my identity stolen. You are never going to get them all to leave, and you are very naive if you think so. SO why don't we protect people from getting their info stolen?

Working under a 1099, their not going to pay at year end.

that wasn't even my point. I don't care if they pay or not, my point is I would rather have their own SSN than steal mine again.

Did they pay in to your ss fund?

Not really...if they weren't going to file they wouldn't bother to get an ITIN in most cases. You can't use it for anything else...like collecting ss or medicare or even eeic.

Such a cynic.
They need something to give the employer so he can document that he paid out for labor.

I've been around the block a few times, little sister.

Such a cynic.

With that itin , they have better chances of getting some employers to hire them.

the obama admin stopped issuing them as of January 2010 is what it says, I believe....does that make you love him now? :D

Such a cynic.
They need something to give the employer so he can document that he paid out for labor.

I've been around the block a few times, little sister.
Me, too. Usually they just make up a number which works for a year or two until the IRS catches on. Again, why go to the effort to be "legit" if you can just make up a number?

Such a cynic.

With that itin , they have better chances of getting some employers to hire them.
Again, they can make it up. And if an employer takes out payroll tax anyway...they are PAYING TAXES! :lol:

Such a cynic.

How does an illegal acquire an itin....be specific please.

the obama admin stopped issuing them as of January 2010 is what it says, I believe....does that make you love him now? :D
:rofl:

Did they really...that seems rather stupid, imo.

No, I think it was for the agents...in that area....I was just joking above.... :D

''

Acceptance Agents' Alert (Posted July 1, 2010)

Effective July 1, 2010, all authorized representatives added to existing, approved acceptance agent agreements are required to take the mandatory Acceptance Agent training and submit the certification form along with the amended Form 13551.

New ITIN Acceptance Agent Program Changes (Posted April 12, 2010)

Moratorium on NEW Acceptance Agents Applications Starting January 1, 2010

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) Program is announcing a moratorium effective January 1st through April 30th, 2010 on all new Forms 13551, Application to Participate in the IRS Acceptance Agent Program.

During the moratorium, the IRS will not accept or process Forms 13551, Application to Participate in the IRS Acceptance Agent Program. Only amendments to existing, approved agreements will be accepted during the moratorium. The ITIN Program will resume accepting applications during the new 2010 Acceptance Agent Open Season, effective May 1 through August 31, 2010.
''

Forum List

Back